British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Have no idea about injury replacement riders rules, as it seems that Nick is likely to be unavailable for our meeting with Wolves through concussion. If a replacement is an option we could have Batch, Craig Cook or Hans, in fact any rider apart from Lindgren, not a bad choice.

Edited by A ORLOV

Not sure about rules,but if Doyle is fit to ride,would have thought r/r applies.But obviously Morris would be a much bigger loss than Howarth would be for Wolves.

Would think guest like Batch would score far more than r/r as those apart from Jason still need to up their game. Against Wolves we need all the fire power we can get. If it was Poole we could get away with r/r :wink:

Not sure what injury replacement rules are.

Looking at the rules you can get a facility for injured riders, in the absence of no 1 it's guest or R/R, absent 2-5 R/R unless DU riding for other side. if both Doyle & Morris absent it would be 1 Guest & R/R.

R/r for anyone 2-5

Unless D/U rider riding for other side then it would be guest. This is crazy part of the rule, if D/U gets guest because he's riding for his other side but side who have rider forcibly missing to concussion rule can only get R/R. it makes no sense.

• Like 1

Looking at the rules you can get a facility for injured riders, in the absence of no 1 it's guest or R/R, absent 2-5 R/R unless DU riding for other side. if both Doyle & Morris absent it would be 1 Guest & R/R.

Unless D/U rider riding for other side then it would be guest. This is crazy part of the rule, if D/U gets guest because he's riding for his other side but side who have rider forcibly missing to concussion rule can only get R/R. it makes no sense.

They wonder why fans get fed up with what seems to be mad rules.

• Like 1

Can remember Danny King suffering from concussion, think it was the beginning of last season and he was forced to sit out for 9 days not sure if this is still the case. If it is he will miss 1st round of the World Cup at Kings Lynn if selected.

Can remember Danny King suffering from concussion, think it was the beginning of last season and he was forced to sit out for 9 days not sure if this is still the case. If it is he will miss 1st round of the World Cup at Kings Lynn if selected.

The Berwick manager stated that it is a nine day period and WC meeting is in 8 days.

What a brilliant and brave rider Jason is.

Injured breaking three or four bones in his foot last Sunday

Operation with the fitting of screws and plates on Monday

Tonight gets through to another GP Final, comes 4th with 15 points which puts him in joint top of the leader table.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 7

What a brilliant and brave rider Jason is.

Injured breaking four bones in his foot last Sunday

Operation with the fitting of screws and plates on Monday

Tonight gets through to another GP Final, comes 4th with 15 points which puts him in joint top of the leader table.

As a Wolves fan I would like Freddie to win it, but if not I would be pleased for Doyle.

No doubt he will rest now and wouldn't surprise me to see him miss the KL leg too, worse case Australia go to race off as no Morris either although Holder Kurtz Batch and Fricke could still top GB

Wouldnt think Australia would want to "risk" the race off with Sweden (probably), Russia and one other no hope team! so will be trying (at least) to have the strongest team possible for the 2 team round at Lynn next Saturday.

Wouldnt think Australia would want to "risk" the race off with Sweden (probably), Russia and one other no hope team! so will be trying (at least) to have the strongest team possible for the 2 team round at Lynn next Saturday.

Weighed up against risk losing Doyle for later in the week?

I assume you mean the 'in-form' Holder? Jack!! :D:wink::shock:

No

Masters in there too with Kurtz at reserve I reckon.

Forgot about Sam! Prob choose him in front of Fricke although later in week in Poland Fricke would come into play if it was down to me

So Doyley is back in a cast, foot looks painful (he posted a pic this morning) Personally I can't see him riding until Cardiff now (I could of course be wrong). That leaves us with a massive headache. 6 matches before then. Surely a 28 day replacement will be required?! What I would do is sign Zengi, this would move Nick to 1 (would allow for a guest on Thursday as oppose to RR) we would then have about 6 points to replace Gappmaier, would mean hoping it all works out by the time Doyle is fit to return.

Edited by hyabb17