British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Why is he a Lakeside asset? They are a NL team & I've always understood that NL clubs can not have assets or has this changed.

National league teams can retain assets they had before dropping or joining nl

but cannot sign a asset while they are in the nl .

Its going to court at the moment i think as i think it is completely illegal to enforce such a ruling.

National league teams can retain assets they had before dropping or joining nl

but cannot sign a asset while they are in the nl .

Its going to court at the moment i think as i think it is completely illegal to enforce such a ruling.

He hasn't ridden for Lakeside before this season, 2015 he was with Birmingham NL, 2016 Somerset PL / Birmingham NL. This would make him either a Brummy or Somerset asset depending on the court outcome. Personally, I would try to buy out his asset anyway, he has tremendous potential. Him & Anders Rowe at reserve would be tremendous. He has just reeled off 3 15 point consecutive maximums at NL.

Edited by DunRobin

He hasn't ridden for Lakeside before this season, 2015 he was with Birmingham NL, 2016 Somerset PL / Birmingham NL. This would make him either a Brummy or Somerset asset depending on the court outcome. Personally, I would try to buy out his asset anyway, he has tremendous potential. Him & Anders Rowe at reserve would be tremendous. He has just reeled off 3 15 point consecutive maximums at NL.

Swindon buy young talent after missing out on Steve Worrall who wasn't wanted by Belle Vue until he had his breakthrough season at Swindon, Charles Wright who became an asset of Poole after 2 seasons at Swindon & finally they do buy Stefan Nielsen & don't then use him.

Swindon buy young talent after missing out on Steve Worrall who wasn't wanted by Belle Vue until he had his breakthrough season at Swindon, Charles Wright who became an asset of Poole after 2 seasons at Swindon & finally they do buy Stefan Nielsen & don't then use him.

We couldn't use Steve as you picked before us in the draft. Everyman and his dog had him down for Belle Vue. We most definitely wanted him, in fact we purchased the Worrall's to protect against losing out again.

There was a time when we didn't use our other asset who almost won the world championships last season....

Zach was signed as a Lakeside asset before the end of last season.

Can't see what the issue is??

• Like 1

Batch or Hans will come to the rescue if Doyle doesn't ride.

If Nick injured or just had concussion not sure if we can have a guest for 2-5 rider or if it has to be r/r for him.

Adam Ellis scored 3,1,3,2 9+1 as reserve for Somerset tonight.

Edited by A ORLOV
  • Like 1

There was a time when we didn't use our other asset who almost won the world championships last season....

Yes & that was a ridiculous decision as well.

We couldn't use Steve as you picked before us in the draft. Everyman and his dog had him down for Belle Vue. We most definitely wanted him, in fact we purchased the Worrall's to protect against losing out again.

You could've protected him but didn't & he only signed for Belle Vue the season after he rode for Swindon I think?.

• Like 1

Yes & that was a ridiculous decision as well.

You could've protected him but didn't & he only signed for Belle Vue the season after he rode for Swindon I think?.

You're right we could protect all our juniors including Steve by signing them up at 16 but it's not something we generally do.

We signed Steve as an asset at beginning of the 2014 season after getting our fingers burned on the draft.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11361398.Worrall_s_future_is_looking_Ace/?commentSort=score

We should have done the same with Stefan, it was assumed by all including Stef that he'd be back but Rossco stepped in again. I think he taps our phones. Lol.

Edited by ouch

You're right we could protect all our juniors including Steve by signing them up at 16 but it's not something we generally do.

We signed Steve as an asset at beginning of the 2014 season after getting our fingers burned on the draft.

http://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/11361398.Worrall_s_future_is_looking_Ace/?commentSort=score

We should have done the same with Stefan, it was assumed by all including Stef that he'd be back but Rossco stepped in again. I think he taps our phones. Lol.

Funny as now Steve regularly beats Richie & is probably the biggest success of the draft system.

Richie not being allowed to do it has held him back & Steve is certainly better than him now.