British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

The problem is, we've got three riders on relatively high averages, four riders on very low averages and not much in the bank to bring in replacements. None of our top three deserve to be dropped and there aren't any standout replacements available for our bottom four with the points we have available.

Tungate was a good bet, as he has the potential to be a seven point rider and is on a five point average, but I can't see a great deal of value elsewhere.

We wait all this time and we get a kick in the teeth!

To be fair, it wasn't a given right that we should have Rohan and knowing how well he goes at Belle Vue it's not really a surprise he would choose to ride there.

I guess the real issue now, then, is whether or not Dany Gappmaier actually gets to ride in plenty of meetings. He does have potential when you look at his scores, but no point having him if he's not riding.

So basically our season looks well and truly knackered

To be fair, it wasn't a given right that we should have Rohan and knowing how well he goes at Belle Vue it's not really a surprise he would choose to ride there.

I guess the real issue now, then, is whether or not Dany Gappmaier actually gets to ride in plenty of meetings. He does have potential when you look at his scores, but no point having him if he's not riding.

We can't carry that bottom 4 especially now others are strengthening

Could we not fit Sedgy in for Bradley as we need to do something or having Dany in the top 5 is plainly ridiculous.

Sedgy for BWD is a no go as it's 0.08 to much.

Looks like we're screwed then.

Could we not fit Sedgy in for Bradley as we need to do something or having Dany in the top 5 is plainly ridiculous.

No. He is 0.08 too high.

This is the problem with speedway in this country. By doing well at Belle Vue, Sedgy has ridden himself out of a job. Rohan Tungate will go there, get double figures most weeks, and find that he, too, has probably ridden himself out of a job next year because of his inconsistent away form.

At least we can have R/R for Gappmaier now, and cover his rides a bit better than before.

No. He is 0.08 too high.

This is the problem with speedway in this country. By doing well at Belle Vue, Sedgy has ridden himself out of a job. Rohan Tungate will go there, get double figures most weeks, and find that he, too, has probably ridden himself out of a job next year because of his inconsistent away form.

At least we can have R/R for Gappmaier now, and cover his rides a bit better than before.

Fair comment about R/R but he'all probably be available all the time now😀😀

The problem is that the Bspa went into the season with the increased averages & didn't really give it much thought about what happens thereafter. I would had preferred that they used a grading system for this season like they do in Denmark. Then come the end of the season release the riders averages, we wouldn't then have all these ridiculous averages about & questions on how they were attained.

I believe Zengi is averaging about 4 for Poole at the moment. Maybe if he gets a few meetings in there we might be able to fit him in when KK comes back? How long is he in the Poole side for?

Doesn't seem as if we have anything that will improve us lined up? Sounds all rather demoralising

That is a blow, well Rosco has got to do something to boost the lower end.

Sadly I think it's a massive blow even someone as unspectacular as Rohan would have made a big difference for Gap

Only option now is another overhaul line when Darky signed but that was a bit of a one off so won't expect that to happen

Not long enough to get an average I think as KK is back soon.

Yeah there's zero chance Ford will allow Zengi the opportunity to stay longer and get his average down enough to benefit us!

No. He is 0.08 too high.

Could you not swap Wilson Dean and Gapmier for Ayres and Sedgy?

No. He is 0.08 too high.

Id be pleasantly surprised if tungate gets double figures each week at the nss. I'd be more than happy with 8 at home and 6 away.

But even if he scores 10 home and 5 away, come end of season he will be on a sub 7 average which will be attractive enough.

Sedgeman hasn't done well at belle vue (obviously he did last night), that's why he is out of a job. Expect him to be signed by someone as on 5.5 he offers potential to improve

I believe Zengi is averaging about 4 for Poole at the moment. Maybe if he gets a few meetings in there we might be able to fit him in when KK comes back? How long is he in the Poole side for?

Zengi is/was on a minimum 28 day cover for KK. He's been given a 'new' average - effective 23/6/17 - of 7.79, which would see him drop to Poole's 3rd heat leader spot on Monday's TV meeting - whether that sees him score more readily we shall see?!

KK was last night rumoured to be returning in July on his revised average of 9.23 which would see the team reshuffled again with KK replacing Brady at 1

Edited by Skidder1