British Speedway Forum

Swindon 2017

Heat 15 does not count towards an average, only their 4 rides do.

Since when?

• Like 2

Straight swap for porsing would fit

Just as aces could have brought in

For Sedgeman.

Really odd that Somerset didn't think he was worth keeping on a 5

We've ridden quite a few matches since he left, where he would of been stuck at no.1 and scoring very little. Richard Lawson who replaced him has piled up the points since replacing him.

Heat 15 does not count towards an average, only their 4 rides do.

Since when?

Heat 15 does count. And has always counted.

All averages are calculated by times 4 to give a maximum of 12. It's always been that way.

Eg. A 15 point maximum from 5 rides is 15÷5×4=12.

• Like 1

Ages as far as I'm aware. Have a look at the official scorecard on the bspa site, only states 4 rides, also it's why the max average is 12...

Heat 15 has been included in the averages for as long as I can remember. The extra column in red on the scorecard is the score from a rider's four programmed rides, as these are the scores which count towards heat 15 eligibility.

The max average is 12 because it is all points (including R/R, reserve switches and heat 15) dividend by the number of rides then multiplied by four. This gives the average of all the riders points over an equivalent of fours rides.

The table showing Prem averages only show Prem meetings and if you look at the number of rides it includes heat 15, ie Jason 9 meetings 44 rides, it also shows the 2017 averages which is what I assume they are going to use for the new 42 point team limit.

Prior to last night the team average was 38.5 so we have approx 3.5 plus the average of whoever is going available.

Edited by A ORLOV

Ages as far as I'm aware. Have a look at the official scorecard on the bspa site, only states 4 rides, also it's why the max average is 12...

As others have said, it's an average. Points/Rides x 4.

Heat 15 being included is one reason that top riders have averages so much lower than they used to.

These are my averages after last night:

Jason Doyle (9.75)
Nick Morris (8.98)
David Bellego (7.35)
Adam Ellis (3.80)
Zach Wajtknecht (3.43)
Bradley Wilson-Dean (3.38)
Dany Gappmaier (2.80)
The only question is whether Dany will get a new average having ridden only two meetings or whether he will stay on 4 or get a new converted average. Makes no difference either way if he is the one to be replaced.

Correct, the official figures have just been updated on the bspa website. This gives the team 2.51 points spare, added to say 2.80 gives 5.31 points available for a replacement, or if 3.80 it gives 6.31 available.

they always worked out the same .the points per heat divided by 4 ..if someone scored 10 from 5 his average would 8 4 x 2 for example ..i am shocked you never knew that .
  • Like 1

they always worked out the same .the points per heat divided by 4 ..if someone scored 10 from 5 his average would 8 4 x 2 for example ..i am shocked you never knew that .

it amazes me how often people post this about ht15 and how little many speedway fans understand about averages
  • Like 1

No I realise Porting has a lower average than tungate, but a straight swap still possible just as tungate can be brought in as a straight swap for Gappmaier as it still fits under 42 points.

Just looking at King's Lynn. It's not clear what average Simon Lambert will be on. It looks like he is in the declared side and on 3.00 but has only had one meeting with an average of 5.60 but in on 3.00.

These are the averages on the BSPA site

R. Lambert 7.91

Batchelor 7.91

Holder 6.82

Huckenbeck 5.95

Rose 5.67

Porsing 4.69

S. Lambert 5.60 (3.00?)

Even with S.Lambert on 3.00 it still comes to 41.95. Tungate on 5.09 instead of Porsing it comes to 42.35. Are these the correct averages?

Josh Bailey (2.00) is not listed in the 1-7 on the declarations.

Sorry I had actually assumed with lambert injured Lynn would bring back Bailey and that is how tungate fitted. My mistake

I don't know the ins and outs of what is going on at King's Lynn regarding Lambert/Bailey or any injuries so just went of what is on the website. With Bailey in they can fit in Tungate, but I don't know if that is likely.