British Speedway Forum

Robert Lightfoot - Former Rider

Allen, Blackadder, Branford, Carter, Clarence, Craven, Csillik, Dole, Dolman, Eriksson, Finlow, Fortune, Foy, Fuller, Fisher, Grant x 2, Gardner, Hamman, Hollingworth, Homer x 2, Henry, Jackson, Jones, Johansson, Kessler, Kasprzak, Kosciecha, Ksiezak, Lightfoot, Lambert, Larsen, Ledwith, Mather, Maxfield, Mouncer, McGregor, McNeil, Mear, Miskowiak, Nagy, Painter, Parish, Pfetzing, Price x 2, Shuttleworth, Smith, Stemen, Slabon, Tate, Tilbury, Vigus, Wall, Wilson.

If he's a Rob, Robbie or Robert and made it to league racing then he's one of them.

Personally I think the clue is in all those races won round Poole.

He's King Cinder...

if it was Robert63 I could understand but not 72.

I have some pictures in my old scrapbook including one of Rob & Jim but it won't let me copy here as too big.

The only rob born in 72 was homer, who has been ruled out. The other suggestion was Robert jackson, who was 72 last year.

But this suggestion seems to fit the bill on many levels.

Allen, Blackadder, Branford, Carter, Clarence, Craven, Csillik, Dole, Dolman, Eriksson, Finlow, Fortune, Foy, Fuller, Fisher, Grant x 2, Gardner, Hamman, Hollingworth, Homer x 2, Henry, Jackson, Jones, Johansson, Kessler, Kasprzak, Kosciecha, Ksiezak, Lightfoot, Lambert, Larsen, Ledwith, Mather, Maxfield, Mouncer, McGregor, McNeil, Mear, Miskowiak, Nagy, Painter, Parish, Pfetzing, Price x 2, Shuttleworth, Smith, Stemen, Slabon, Tate, Tilbury, Vigus, Wall, Wilson.

If he's a Rob, Robbie or Robert and made it to league racing then he's one of them.

Personally I think the clue is in all those races won round Poole.

He's King Cinder...

Suspect we can rule out lambert, pfetzing and the poles!

Kasprzak........

Well, I've learned something anyway as I didn't know there was ever a Robert Kasprzak so my next question is obviously is he any relation to Krzysztof?

I really am convinced that Robert72 is NOT Robert Lightfoot.....

Any reason why ? as an add on to whats been posted on here, didnt he allude to knowing some older riders and their famiiles, and also some deceased riders along the way ?

Something that would perhaps tally up with a dad-as-a-rider type scenario.

i'd love a sensible denial from robert72 myself, but he seems to be giving this thread a wide birth for some reason

Edited by The Doctor...
  • Like 1

When Rob Lightfoot rode for Leicester he always seemed mature for his age, and not the sort of person that would, 26yrs later post randomly on the BSF. And also, why would he seem so 9i$$3⊙ off with Tai.......

That's the only reason.

That was 30+ years ago though, maybe he's regressed :D

It does seem strange, normally old Bob72 is over any thread where he might get some attention like a tramp on chips, but as Doc has mentioned, is giving this thread a wide berth!

Robert LIghtfoot runs a furnishing business in Warwickshire now, his biog on the company page refers to his brief speedway career.

I use a number after my ID on some emails or message boards that isn't to do with my year of birth, house number, IQ etc. Just a number that means something to me that others are unlikely to know so the 72 could be a red herring.

72 as a number is meant to signify wisdom learning and good fortune :/

In religion some think the member 72 refers to the wonderful one!

Until something tells me my number means wee fat ugly half Scot though I'll remain skeptical! ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I use a number after my ID on some emails or message boards that isn't to do with my year of birth, house number, IQ etc. Just a number that means something to me that others are unlikely to know so the 72 could be a red herring.

72 as a number is meant to signify wisdom learning and good fortune :/

In religion some think the member 72 refers to the wonderful one!

Until something tells me my number means wee fat ugly half Scot though I'll remain skeptical! ;)

72 is also a noodle dish at our local takeaway - nophoo-king-gud :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

It also used to be a bus service number from Leicester City Centre, that stopped adjacent to the Leicester Speedway track on Blackbird Road!!

:D This thread could go on for quite a while but it's strange how there is one person missing who usually likes to join in discussions like this. :wink:

:D This thread could go on for quite a while but it's strange how there is one person missing who usually likes to join in discussions like this. :wink:

That's because he's sat in his arm chair laughing at you all like a cat that's got his milk!

He never rode speedway, it's just a fantasy. Until proven otherwise that's the bottom line.

• Like 1