British Speedway Forum

Robert Lightfoot - Former Rider

Indeed he was. Robert retired in 1983. More info here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Lightfoot_(speedway_rider)

Edited by Gemini

Does anyone know if he raced and beat several world champions?

Actually just looked up his record, and clearly He didn't. Unless there were some in the field at the British junior champs.

Iirc correctly he broke his neck ending his career. So im sure he would be a keen supporter of the Ben fund...

Edited by waihekeaces1
  • Like 2

Does anyone know if he raced and beat several world champions?

Actually just looked up his record, and clearly He didn't. Unless there were some in the field at the British junior champs.

Iirc correctly he broke his neck ending his career. So im sure he would be a keen supporter of the Ben fund...

Thats what i was thinking :lol:

• Like 2

Well he hasn't posted to say it's not him...it would be ace if it was as it would prove without doubt everything he's posted is baloney!

So come on robert72, spill the beans.

I am expecting a denial to be honest, but it does seem to fit in with his tales..

You're not old enough. :lol:

Looking at his results Robert Lightfoot did win the British Junior Championship in 1981, I was watching speedway then.

Some good riders have picked up that title along the years, Havvy & Loram both won it once, Woffinden however out did them all with 2 titles.

Was he not the son of Jim Lightfoot the former Coventry rider.(might be wrong though)

To the best of my knowledge he is Jim's lad, as Jim used to work with my old man. I am sure I heard that Robert had a business in the Rugby area I think in the furniture or flooring .

Elmo, was David Blackburn the son of Mick Blackburn ?

To the best of my knowledge he is Jim's lad, as Jim used to work with my old man. I am sure I heard that Robert had a business in the Rugby area I think in the furniture or flooring .

Elmo, was David Blackburn the son of Mick Blackburn ?

Yes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blackburn_(speedway_rider)