British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Swindon 16 Sept 2016

We have had more dickings than Ulrika Jonsson this year. Not surprised at all that tonight has gone like this.

No you and many others by the sounds of it..

Congratulations to Lakeside on making the play offs. Great night for Nicholls and a good practice for the play offs.

I expected Swindon to put up much more of a fight. Only 1 from Morris again. Will Rosco keep him again though next year

Edited by mdmc82

There lies the problem of Swindon's season as 11 points from 5 riders is never going to get you wins.

I'm still surprised this "Premier League" select plus Doyley even got close to a play off place.

Will wait for the sarcastic tweets from the riders tonight who kept telling us they were better than they actually are.

Still at Least Liverpool beat Chelsea.

• Like 1

That's it time for a massive clear out I would only bring Doyley back Tungates done well but I don't think he will come back JG great at home but desperate away Nick needs a change of scenery , reserves won't be back and Sedg could be on a tricky average but I probably would like to see 6 changes , why put together a side then state they will be inconsistent? Talk about giving the game away, Dakota North the difference? Gimme a break he's another 6 pointer whose up and down big changes required new stadium(will see) new team and maybe not stopping there

Firstly, congratulations Lakeside and I am glad this was decided in the proper way.

Secondly, apologies to the Lakeside track staff, clearly they have done a great job in getting the track prepared. I saw pictures of the track circa 17.00 and it looked awful but I take it all back. Great effort.

Thirdly, on to the Robins. What a p*** poor effort that was and tbh, Doyle apart, they can find themselves a new club.

Morris has been the biggest disappointment and I have defended him previously but I think, after tonight, a new club beckons.

He intimidated last night was 'meaningless', which it was, but there comes a time where you stand up and be counted, and for me, that was tonight. He hasn't done it consistently and appears to have stagnated after a promising start. The line gets drawn in the sand.

Finally, a message for the Robins promotion, please please please get rid of that p*** poor excuse for entertainment. The music you played last night has no right to be played at an evening of tiddlywinks, let alone a speedway meet. Seriously, Kylie Minogue, The Time Warp and The Macarena to name but three. An absolute pile of crap, which unsurprisingly, just about sums up the season.

Sort it out.

• Like 1

That's it time for a massive clear out I would only bring Doyley back Tungates done well but I don't think he will come back JG great at home but desperate away Nick needs a change of scenery , reserves won't be back and Sedg could be on a tricky average but I probably would like to see 6 changes , why put together a side then state they will be inconsistent? Talk about giving the game away, Dakota North the difference? Gimme a break he's another 6 pointer whose up and down big changes required new stadium(will see) new team and maybe not stopping there

Spot on but why do you think Rohan wouldn't return or is he South Coast bound?.

2016 finished with a whimper. Onto Torun & Gdansk for me...2017 in a new stadium is a massive boost for us. Doyle & killer would be a good start for the team building.

Kildemand had had a crap season. Gone backwards since leaving the EL.

What were the rumours at the track about AJ's replacement? Will they go for a big one like Poole? Or just do the sensible option and stick with guests that are suited to the tracks?

Iam pretty sure Cook said they had two or three options in mind which they will think about over the weekend and let everyone know Monday. Didn't hear him mention any names.