British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Swindon 16 Sept 2016

The website said a couple of days ago there are plans to deal with the weather. The forecast has been changing every few hours for the last few days. Do you expect a bulletin everytime the weather forecast changes ?

The problem is different forecasts are saying different things right now, The track staff just have to do the best they can when they can to have things ready.

That's simply not true. While Met Office have been putting back the point that the rain will arrive, they have consistently stated 12-5. XC Weather state 1-4, so do Netweather.

Heavy rain between 1 & 4 is confirmed on almost every weather website.

I certainly don't expect constant updates, but an explanation as to what they propose to do would be appreciated and cost absolutely nothing.

Work is in progress on the track. The forecast is cautiously optimistic.

http://www.lakesidehammers.co/10-30am-track-update/

The rain hadn't missed because it hadn't arrived. I am in Brentwood and it started about 12.

This will go ahead. Theres a band of rain heading east which has cleared Reading and will hit but after that it looks clear unless the rain changes direction.

Let the best team win.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

This will go ahead. Theres a band of rain heading east which has cleared Reading and will hit but after that it looks clear unless the rain changes direction.

Let the best team win.

Very cautiously, you might be right.

Its stopped raining here and it was nothing more than light anyway.

I'm likely to be at he track circa 4pm and will be on phone answering duties from then on. Here in Erith (Kent) circa two miles at most from Dartford tunnel we've only had sporadic light rain this morning since I crawled out of my pit circa 7.45am. IF there were no houses on the opposite side of the road to me, then I would get a clear view of the Dartford Bridge and surrounding area the Essex side of the Thames. I assume there's been no change to the 10.30am update and photos on the club's official site at: http://www.lakesidehammers.co/10-30am-track-update/

Change in Lakeside's riding order due to new averages:-

Nicholls , Bridger, Kennett, Lawson, Nillson, Morely, Kerr.

Swindon stay the same

Doyle, Sedgmen, Tungate, Graj, Morris, Wright , Neilson .

Whoever loses is going to kick themselves for throwing away silly points throughout the season.

Averages don't come into effect until the 19th.

Sun is out south of the river now!

The much predicted deluge hasn't happened here.

True, its been raining on and off for about 3 hours but its only light stuff - when I went out earlier, cars were on intermittent wipe only.

If it stops around 4pm as forecast, should be all systems go.

Just waiting for my mate who's giving me a lift over to the track, where I'll get down to answering everyone's "is it on?" calls, to arrive. It's not raining here the Kent side of the Dartford crossing, the cloud covering is a lot higher than it has been all day up to now, it's a bit breezy and I get the impression that it is definitely brightening up and the sun's trying to break through. No doubt Gerald and crew are hard at work at the track and here's looking forward to a good match.

• Like 1

Good luck to both teams and fully expect that Lakeside will get the final play-off spot.

I don't i think you will get a point, with A.J maybe not without him a good possibility. A.J is an enormous miss for Lakeside and if Kerr rides like he did at Kings Lynn then he shouldn't trouble Swindon much

Edited by foreverblue

Club's official website updated at 3.30pm stating it's All Systems GO for tonight - see you there?

• Like 3

None of the Hammers struggle round there pretty certain they can cope without Jonsson

I don't i think you will get a point, with A.J maybe not without him a good possibility. A.J is an enormous miss for Lakeside and if Kerr rides like he did at Kings Lynn then he shouldn't trouble Swindon much

Kerr is up against Nielsen and a very much out of form Wright twice so I can see him scoring around 7 or 8