British Speedway Forum

Lakeside V Swindon 16 Sept 2016

Congratulations to the Lakeside track staff for getting a raceable track from the mess in the 5pm pictures.

Well done to the Lakeside team for a solid professional performance, good luck in the play offs.

Robins, with the exception of JD and Charles, you should hang your heads in shame, that was a p*ss poor effort.

Rosco, you are Swindon through and through, but I fear you have lost your mojo as you seem unable to nurture and help our young English reserves to improve and compete, and as for the lack of ability to motivate the team as a whole, what can I say.

Onwards towards hopefully a new stadium and hopefully a better constructed team with bigger b*lls and the ability to compete when it comes to the crunch, Goodnight Vienna.

Edited by 65Sarge

Congratulations to Lakeside, they deserve their place in the play offs.

To win the league you need to be consistent and the only consistent thing about this Robins team was their inconsistency!

Nick has really struggled this year simply through lack of rides. I wouldn't criticise him for leaving the PL; he was right to try Poland to further his career as was Craig Cook - if you want to improve you have to ride against the best and Poland is the place to be. Having said that I believe Nick would benefit from a change of track to revitalise his career.

New stadium next year and a new team with Jason leading us into a new era - roll on 2017... :D

• Like 3

Iam pretty sure Cook said they had two or three options in mind which they will think about over the weekend and let everyone know Monday. Didn't hear him mention any names.

It is mentioned in the programme too. Looks like they maybe after a big one.

I thought Morris stayed down too. Nothing wrong with him whatsoever.

I didn't see the pictures of the track earlier but it was in excellent condition and produced some cracking racing, particularly a brilliant heat 13.

In truth, on what I have seen this season Arena Essex is the best track in the EL for racing and second only to Scunthorpe in the country.

• Like 1

I didn't see the pictures of the track earlier but it was in excellent condition and produced some cracking racing, particularly a brilliant heat 13.

In truth, on what I have seen this season Arena Essex is the best track in the EL for racing and second only to Scunthorpe in the country.

You can't say that about Lakeside's track mate lol. I've seen some great racing this year especially from AJ, Kennett and Bridger.

According to Mr Rossiter - the track was atrocious and nothing to do with the weather and - it was also like that on his team's previous visit - all in the match report on Robins' website. Words fail me - what was atrocious was the performance of a few of his so called professional speedway riders.

• Like 1

Here there's a bit of a traffic jam on the A419 near Swindon. ACME Demolition Heavy plant with wrecking ball crawling along at 5 miles an hour heading towards blunsdon.

Thing is, when Lakeside areon it, they can really pulverise a team. Belle Vue could find themselves having to find 15 points in the second leg. Its such a tricky track Lakeside boys can miss the gate and be leading down the back straight of lap one.

Fair comment SS, Lakeside could take a decent lead to BV.

On the flipside, Nicholls flies there, Cook beat AJ twice there last time so knows a quick way round. Zagar & the Worralls go well at the Raceway too.

No underestimating Hammers from anyone in Manchester though, strong at home, table doesn't lie.

Was a tough ask for Robins tonight against a Hammers team on song. That Leicester home defeat really hurt them. New stadium, Doyle signed up, bright future for them beckons.

According to Mr Rossiter - the track was atrocious and nothing to do with the weather and - it was also like that on his team's previous visit - all in the match report on Robins' website. Words fail me - what was atrocious was the performance of a few of his so called professional speedway riders.

Perhaps if Swindon hadn't lost so many home matches then he wouldn't have had to worry about the Lakeside track.

• Like 2

Personally, as long as a track isn't dangerous I don't care what riders or promoters think of it when it produces cracking racing like it did last night and I can remember a few having a pop at Scunthorpe when it won some award either last season or the year before.

As the great Ivan Mauger once said : 'A track's a track. Ride it'.

If it was that bad, how did Kim Nilsson post a time just one second outside a track record that has stood for 8 seasons, Jason Doyle pull off as good a passing move as you will see anywhere and why were there only 3 falls all night ?

As you rightly say, Rossiter wants to look a little closer to home for the reasons why his team were so poor.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Personally, as long as a track isn't dangerous I don't care what riders or promoters think of it when it produces cracking racing like it did last night and I can remember a few having a pop at Scunthorpe when it won some award either last season or the year before.

As the great Ivan Mauger once said : 'A track's a track. Ride it'.

If it was that bad, how did Kim Nilsson post a time just one second outside a track record that has stood for 8 seasons, Jason Doyle pull off as good a passing move as you will see anywhere and why were there only 3 falls all night ?

As you rightly say, Rossiter wants to look a little closer to home for the reasons why his team were so poor.

We've heard it all before from Rosco. It seems that almost every TV meeting we have Rosco bleating about the track when Swindon are losing. Everyone knows the amount of rain that fell early afternoon. The entire top surface was scraped off and replaced with dry material. Not as good as a well settled track but as others have said, perfectly raceable,

The truth is that Kelvin had his side fired up to deal with it and Roscoe didn't.

Doyle's win in heat 13 though was probably the best ride I have seen since Darcy Ward was st Poole. It's almost as if he is already World Champion in his mind and is suddenly looking like he has a real chance of doing it.

Edited by E I Addio
  • Like 2

Doyle superb, Wrighty good,the rest a disgrace, get rid of this Aussie team, would expect more fight from these macho men from Down Under.

Hang ya heads in shame, not fit to clean the boots of the likes of Briggo Ashby Kilby Keener Broady et al, who rode with passion in the Robins jacket.

Edited by auntie doris

Doyle superb, Wrighty good,the rest a disgrace, get rid of this Aussie team, would expect more fight from these macho men from Down Under.

Always the same problem when you get a bunch of Aussies in the same team. They are great when things are going well, but if something upsets one one of them and he starts kicking off they all start moaning and their heads drop. Holder and Doyle are the exceptions.

Is it any wonder that Lakeside do well at home on that awful 'D' shaped track. Get a proper oval shaped track and let us see how good you really are against visiting teams. Your away record gives a good clue !

A track that everyone says produced good racing last night. Edited by Daytripper
  • Like 2

If they weren't moving to the new stadium crowd levels would have hit a record low, so look forward to seeing hopefully world champ Doyley and 6 others on the new track we hope and better atmosphere. The fanatical WestCountry fans deserve better than this year's poor effort. Sign Zengy again.

Edited by auntie doris