British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

What stands on the old Berwick track at Berrington these days is it back to being just a field again or has something been built on it , remember it being on back roads off the A1 I think then down some country roads.

I visited again before the TV meeting last season and there's nothing left. There's four photos in the middle of this album that i took that day. You can see the difference in colour of the old centre green grass and what's been planted on the old track. It was very eerie being there that day. A strange feeling. My childhood memories will never fade though.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipPmwF05FaaogKZ_J7-norC3G2hZX2BBVa3r7otM

Fantastic memories of the Lough watching it transform from a field into a speedway track.Had a good routine there painting the fence then finding a country pub for a well deserved pint lol. Sad to see photos of how it is now but sadly these things happen.

• Like 1

Fantastic memories of the Lough watching it transform from a field into a speedway track.Had a good routine there painting the fence then finding a country pub for a well deserved pint lol. Sad to see photos of how it is now but sadly these things happen.

Agree with you, there`s a few stories about Berrington right enough, both on track and off.

Got a few old photos with you in them from those days :)

remember a trip to eastbourne for kocup final 2nd leg left berwick on the sat night got to eastbourne at 7am then it was backto berwick to start work at 8am on the monday jim and geoff driving happy days

1976 got hammered top scorer was a guest yes a guest Brendan Shilletto In the words of Mary Hopkins THOSE WERE THE DAYS MY FRIEND
  • Like 2

Yes 1977 was 1st tour I went on Birmingham. Weymouth. Poole. Oxford and Workington Terry Kelly had just signed for us

That year Eastbourne didn't know what had hit it 80 odd mad Bandit fans walking along the front at 8am looking for breakfast I think a few of the oldies nearly died

Went to Eastie watching Peterborough mid 80s coach dropped everyone off on sea front to get some food as the guys all piled off two topless sunbathers were quickly spotted on the beach needless to say they soon attracted an audience , one guy went paddling with his expensive camera round his neck he fell as expected and the camera never worked again, after another thrashing for the Panthers on the tight arlington track many said the biggest t*ts they had seen that day were unfortunately those on the track in white and yellow black dont get days out on a coach like that anymore.

Edited by scoobydoo