British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Geniune question,were they ever Advertised as being in it.Or have BSPA actualy told them they have been dropped out of the Competition.

Going by this release from two days ago the BSPA were saying all ten Championship teams were in the meeting, now two days later they aren`t.

http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32841

• Like 1

Geniune question,were they ever Advertised as being in it.Or have BSPA actualy told them they have been dropped out of the Competition.

It was said earlier in the season that all 10 teams would be involved in the pairs and 4's. I have spent ages getting on-call's swapped and covered so I could go but will now have to try and get as many swapped back.

The interesting point from last year was that Berwick and Plymouth were in the final and if only the top 8 teams qualified then neither of these teams would have been there.

It was said earlier in the season that all 10 teams would be involved in the pairs and 4's. I have spent ages getting on-call's swapped and covered so I could go but will now have to try and get as many swapped back.

The interesting point from last year was that Berwick and Plymouth were in the final and if only the top 8 teams qualified then neither of these teams would have been there.

With Plymouth going on to become Champions.

Going by this release from two days ago the BSPA were saying all ten Championship teams were in the meeting, now two days later they aren`t.

http://speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32841

I am not a fan of the fours event by any means, but I have to say 5 riders per race was just an accident waiting to happen and I believe the riders were quite right to kick up a fuss , the BSPA committee should have known better to even suggest they ride 5 a race , but they are not putting there bodies on the line. The sport is dangerous as it is and trying to put 5 in a race is nothing but sheer stupidity. Feel sorry for anyone from Berwick who has made a hotel booking perhaps the BSPA should compensate them out of there own pockets as this has all occurred due to there inept actions.

• Like 1

I am not a fan of the fours event by any means, but I have to say 5 riders per race was just an accident waiting to happen and I believe the riders were quite right to kick up a fuss , the BSPA committee should have known better to even suggest they ride 5 a race , but they are not putting there bodies on the line. The sport is dangerous as it is and trying to put 5 in a race is nothing but sheer stupidity. Feel sorry for anyone from Berwick who has made a hotel booking perhaps the BSPA should compensate them out of there own pockets as this has all occurred due to there inept actions.

I agree with you on five rider races, I`m amazed they were actually considered in the first place. Surely they must be a race format somewhere out there where all ten teams couldve still taken part in the meeting.

I wonder if one or two of the riders who protested will take part in the 16-lapper at Ipswich, yes they don`t all start on the same line but you have eight riders in the Final there.

• Like 2

I agree with you on five rider races, I`m amazed they were actually considered in the first place. Surely they must be a race format somewhere out there where all ten teams couldve still taken part in the meeting.

I wonder if one or two of the riders who protested will take part in the 16-lapper at Ipswich, yes they don`t all start on the same line but you have eight riders in the Final there.

Easy formula, 5 team, 10 race semi-finals, 4 riders in a race, each team races in 8 and sits out 2. Same formula for the final. Overall 30 heats in the day instead of 28 as it was.

To announce all 10 teams are in it, then change their minds within a week takes some believing. But let's face it...

Hot on the heels of the bad press after the fours were cancelled.

Feel sorry for the fans who have booked holidays and arranged travel and hotels.

At least its one less opportunity for them to be useless at something. If theres any track covers needed Berwick can help with that.

Positive thinking, that's the spirit.

• Like 3

6 riders from the tapes in Pardubice