British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

So that's Bowtell signed for Newcastle ffs, what's going on where is Lee Payne we've just handed Newcastle a rider who is better than our one on a lower average

Were Berwick ever in with an interest in signing Bowtell full time.

Was told a few weeks ago that Lee Payne and Havelock were big mates so he would be unlikely to be dropped.No idea if it's true but it would tie in with most things our part-time manager does.Signing Bowtell would have been a positive move for possible team building for next year-IF there is a next year but heh ho, Havelock maybe has a masterplan version 300.God knows what in mind.Wonder what Denis McLeary thinks privately about how things are going.I've been a supporter for best part of 45 years through thick and very thin but I can't ever remember such an apparent directionless mess as things are in at the moment.There have been good points like the covers,presentation,track which are big positives but they don't draw in the fans who want to see mostly a winning team at home.I realise injuries have been a big part of the problem but by no means all.Havelock said the club would have been in a financial quagmire if not for the covers.The way crowd numbers have fallen off recently I don't think they will be clear of that quagmire.That's probably enough of a moan for now-oh no I also meant to say that in terms of keeping the long suffering fans up to date, the website is dire.Sorry for being so negative but for the first time in 45 years I don't know if I'll bother seeing out the season and before anybody says support the club or lose it,to be honest I don't know if I'm too bothered the way it is just now

• Like 2

well clearly not but we should of been payne seems to of f***ed off is he even injured? bowtell has been praised after every guest booking and has been scoring steadily, better than using guests every week.

Bowtell was very impressive against Redcar and did enough just that night to deserve a team place instead of Payne. Sad to see Berwick miss out.

• Like 1

Was told a few weeks ago that Lee Payne and Havelock were big mates so he would be unlikely to be dropped.No idea if it's true but it would tie in with most things our part-time manager does.Signing Bowtell would have been a positive move for possible team building for next year-IF there is a next year but heh ho, Havelock maybe has a masterplan version 300.God knows what in mind.Wonder what Denis McLeary thinks privately about how things are going.I've been a supporter for best part of 45 years through thick and very thin but I can't ever remember such an apparent directionless mess as things are in at the moment.There have been good points like the covers,presentation,track which are big positives but they don't draw in the fans who want to see mostly a winning team at home.I realise injuries have been a big part of the problem but by no means all.Havelock said the club would have been in a financial quagmire if not for the covers.The way crowd numbers have fallen off recently I don't think they will be clear of that quagmire.That's probably enough of a moan for now-oh no I also meant to say that in terms of keeping the long suffering fans up to date, the website is dire.Sorry for being so negative but for the first time in 45 years I don't know if I'll bother seeing out the season and before anybody says support the club or lose it,to be honest I don't know if I'm too bothered the way it is just now

This could be a quote from any supporter from any club I'd imagine

• Like 1

While your points is valid in many cases there have been things outwith promotions hands like the injuries which have made it a downer this year although there have been worse seasons like 7 points from 28 matches in 2007 and how the promotion is expected to win with riders down like ninepins and a limited budget is hard. I agree the website doesn't carry news although the dirt feature is pretty good but it never did, what's missing is the newsletter.

Anyone fancy Robson or Tungate as a replacement for Jacobs/Bridger I know I do.

If the averages fit I would have Robson in an instant. But aren't there restriction to building above 42 points to replace a rider during the season, if the rider you are bringing in has a higher average than the one he is replacing?

Mind you, I was also told that Robson turned down an opportunity to guest on Saturday, despite having no meeting.

He has always gone well at Berwick in the past and I've always fancied seeing him in Berwick colours full time.

Anyone fancy Robson or Tungate as a replacement for Jacobs/Bridger I know I do.

Then there is the obvious problem that Robson also rides for Rye House on a Saturday night

• Like 1