British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Time will tell, as the saying goes.

I'm more concerned about changes that are needed in the sport, and hoping that we see some of them.

We'll both not hold our breath!

I hope if Scotts takeover is successful we see changes in Berwick Speedway, but you are right, speedway as a sport needs radical change and I`m not just on about a second line at the tapes, or not being able to return to the pits should a race be stopped. The bigger, richer clubs, those clubs owned by wealthy owners will resist change but for most clubs to survive for the long term we need radical action from the BSPA.

What news it's finished over kaput

I`ve always been positive, if Scott`s interview last Tuesday hadn't gone so well, or his takeover had fallen through I am sure we would've heard something by now as there would be no need to hold a silence and the Anderson`s would be looking for another buyer, maybe we haven't heard anything as the BSPA are still considering Scott's promoters interview, don`t forget there`s an AGM in two or three weeks maybe we will hear something then.

I remain positive.

• Like 1

I`ve always been positive, if Scott`s interview last Tuesday hadn't gone so well, or his takeover had fallen through I am sure we would've heard something by now as there would be no need to hold a silence and the Anderson`s would be looking for another buyer, maybe we haven't heard anything as the BSPA are still considering Scott's promoters interview, don`t forget there`s an AGM in two or three weeks maybe we will hear something then.

I remain positive.

And you have every reason to be positive

What stands on the old Berwick track at Berrington these days is it back to being just a field again or has something been built on it , remember it being on back roads off the A1 I think then down some country roads.

Not much, I haven't been down for a couple years but last time I was there the floodlight pylons were still there, breeze blocks that held the pits roof up were there and the bricks that held the refs box up, everything else was either over grown or vandalized. Strange thing is the road into the stadium is far better now than it was then.