British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

If Lewis Bridger hadn't been trapped in that terrible Revolution deal, if Dimitri Berge had ridden like Dimitri Berge and if Vissing hadn't gone missing.........

Liam could have found his feet without the weight of pressure, and the club could have given him time to do so.

Unfortunate circumstances, but Liam is definately a cut above NL racing, and will prove it in future. Hopefully at Berwick.

Wasn't too many seasons ago that Steve Worrall left Newcastle and dropped into the 3rd tier with Stoke ( I think ) to regain his confidence . Didn't do Steve any harm , hopefully Liam benefits the same way .

• Like 5

Programme for second Ipswich match had an update, there was an article on the website as part of The Dirt on April 30 and I believe we had updated info on Facebook earlier this month.

What more do we need?

Wasnt at second Ipswich match dont do Facebook seems its only mentioned at matches when money needed

ya think what's he ever done at Berwick, feck all that's the second time he has been dropped , he hasn't got any better like many others just average national league best place for him

What's he ever done? Scored a bag full all season for us last year? If you're really saying these things I take it you're either a Berwick fan from afar or not one at all. He was scoring double figures at home last season and was beating heatleaders like Vissing, Hansen and Lindgren, not too bad for a NL rider at best... The first time he got dropped was I think his second season in the sport and didn't disgraise himself and if he was given a chance to be at no.6 at the start of the season I think he would still be in the team now. He was really low on confidence due to riding in the top 5 and needed a spell at reserve but unfortunately for him was dropped before he could get the chance.
  • Like 3

I would have liam in before lee Payne and Jye any day if the points allowed it liam can beat any rider around berwick as he has done many times before but riding #2 and being out in ht one is always a hard one, and the way teams are structured this year the number 2 only really has one easier race ht 8 the rest are always going to be hard to get a point or 2 being at reserve I think he would bang in the points think he won most reserve hts last year and that's what was boosting his confidence win your first race and your high in confidence and that's what brings wins pretty sure he will be back there sooner rather than later I hope

What's he ever done? Scored a bag full all season for us last year? If you're really saying these things I take it you're either a Berwick fan from afar or not one at all. He was scoring double figures at home last season and was beating heatleaders like Vissing, Hansen and Lindgren, not too bad for a NL rider at best... The first time he got dropped was I think his second season in the sport and didn't disgraise himself and if he was given a chance to be at no.6 at the start of the season I think he would still be in the team now. He was really low on confidence due to riding in the top 5 and needed a spell at reserve but unfortunately for him was dropped before he could get the chance.

actually I a man there every week as for beating vissing etc I must of mist that he even admitted to a certain person that his bikes this year were crap but bridges proved that wrong when he used his spare

ya think what's he ever done at Berwick, feck all that's the second time he has been dropped , he hasn't got any better like many others just average national league best place for him

but hes 1 off the riders that people class as the ones who should get rides rather than foriegn riders

Carr proved towards the end of last season that he was a more than capable reserve and turned in some match winning performances, sadlt this season he has found the jump into the main team a bit of a struggle, resulting in him being dropped. Hopefully dropping into the NL will see a return in confidence and scoring that will make Liam a very attractive signing on a 3pt average come 2018, not unless he returns to Championship racing before the end of the current season of course and if he continues to score as he is at the minute that`s a real possibility.

• Like 6

I wonder how many visitors to the town go to Shielfield tonight hoping to see some speedway after all there are about 4 or 5 big banners up around town saying speedway every sat at 7.00pm. the promotion had better watch out coz the council have been known to go out and remove these banners and destroy them

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

After his previous interview in The Speedway Star telling us how great they where now that Lewis has cut his ties with Revolution Racing will there be a follow up interview in telling us what a big mistake it was getting involved with them ?

After his previous interview in The Speedway Star telling us how great they where now that Lewis has cut his ties with Revolution Racing will there be a follow up interview in telling us what a big mistake it was getting involved with them ?

To be fair to Lewis, or any other rider, when you get the chance of the kind of sponsorship deal Revolution were offering it would be very difficult to turn down. Clearly a switch to GM engines has worked for Bridger though.