British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

You wonder if they would go NL won't lose money if it kept the same fan base look at Eastbourne and Birmingham paying decent money to riders and crowds are up and both teams in league finals better some speedway than none and could be plenty local riders in the future with the new training track being built up the road

You wonder if they would go NL won't lose money if it kept the same fan base look at Eastbourne and Birmingham paying decent money to riders and crowds are up and both teams in league finals better some speedway than none and could be plenty local riders in the future with the new training track being built up the road

But we would lose all our local Derby matches and the revenue the travelling support brings, as things stand right now our nearest meetings would be Buxton or Belle Vue and you cant exactly see their travelling support being the same as Glasgow or Newcastle for example. IMO its either PL or nothing, not unless there is a radical change in the make up of the three leagues of course.

Interesting statement on the Coventry Website tonight regarding Gary Havelock having other opportunities ahead and confirming the fact that he is stepping down from his role at the club... what could it mean...

That he's the last person that should be managing a speedway team and jumped before a push.

Attending an English language course to string a coherent sentence together?

• Like 2

Is there really enough room for more than one Havelock promoting speedway.

if he's part of a takeover that will save our club then I'm sure Berwick fans will welcome him with open arms!

If it is with the Courtney's as rumoured, it will be very interesting... No doubt they'll have money coming in as there'll be a few who'd come back into the scene with sponsorship now there would be no John Anderson.

Potentially exciting times and I do hope this is true!

• Like 1

It doesn't matter who it is that is wanting to takeover, if the current ownership are not willing to sell unless they get their price. And I fear that they are willing to face the prospect of there being no speedway at all, rather than to sell the club for less than what they want, even though they don't want to play any part in the future themselves.

• Like 3

It doesn't matter who it is that is wanting to takeover, if the current ownership are not willing to sell unless they get their price. And I fear that they are willing to face the prospect of there being no speedway at all, rather than to sell the club for less than what they want, even though they don't want to play any part in the future themselves.

I`m sure the Andersons want to see speedway continue at Berwick, they came to the club firstly as supporters I am sure they will want to continue to support Berwick from the other side of the fence, they cant do that if they close it. Surely any value will be so sell the club as a going concern, shut it and just about everything becomes worthless.

• Like 1

I`m sure the Andersons want to see speedway continue at Berwick, they came to the club firstly as supporters I am sure they will want to continue to support Berwick from the other side of the fence, they cant do that if they close it. Surely any value will be so sell the club as a going concern, shut it and just about everything becomes worthless.

I agree, they are speedway fans who - fortunately - came in and saved the club (along with others) when it really looked like it was finished.

Anyone else remember the last days of Peter Waite era? It really did feel like speedway as dead at Berwick.

So, I agree, I don't think they will have the mindset of closing the club.

I think they will work out a deal with the club's interest at heart.

Fingers crossed.

• Like 2

I agree, they are speedway fans who - fortunately - came in and saved the club (along with others) when it really looked like it was finished.

Anyone else remember the last days of Peter Waite era? It really did feel like speedway as dead at Berwick.

So, I agree, I don't think they will have the mindset of closing the club.

I think they will work out a deal with the club's interest at heart.

Fingers crossed.

You would like to think so ,given their rhetoric when running the club.
  • Like 1