British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Leon's French League debut ended in two defeats today as his side Marmande lost 42-48 to Macon, and 39-51 at the hands of Lamothe Landerron.

Despite the defeats Leon became a firm fans favourite from the off, scoring paid 7 in both matches, including an incredible win over a 500cc rider.

Full match report will be available tomorrow. #22

Information taken from Leon Flint Racing Facebook page. Well done to Leon on a very decent start to his racing in 2017.

• Like 1

Leon's French League debut ended in two defeats today as his side Marmande lost 42-48 to Macon, and 39-51 at the hands of Lamothe Landerron.

Despite the defeats Leon became a firm fans favourite from the off, scoring paid 7 in both matches, including an incredible win over a 500cc rider.

Full match report will be available tomorrow. #22

Information taken from Leon Flint Racing Facebook page. Well done to Leon on a very decent start to his racing in 2017.

I was present to see these matches

Very good form for Leon and Dimitri Bergé but It was clear that Dimitri especially wanted not to injure himself, but very impressive speed .

Leon was very fast with his 250cc on this small track and won a heat by photo on the finish line !

Leon Flint : 1,1,1,1 +3 = 7 2nd match : 1,3,1,1 +1 = 7

D.Bergé : 3,3,1,dnf,3 +1 = 11 2nd match : 3,3,2,3,1 = 11

Perfect weather : 17 °C , sunny , no wind.

Edited by from the gate
  • Like 1

Will be interesting to hear what Nigel and Kelvin have to say about SkyTV pulling out of speedway when we have them here on Saturday night.

Spoke briefly with Nigel Pearson on Saturday night. Asked him if there was any truth in the Internet rumours about Sky pulling out of speedway coverage. He told me he'd heard nothing officially. I then changed tactic and told him I was moving up to Berwick in a couple of months and was wondering whether to renew my Sky subscription. His answer was, "I'd stick to BT Sport"

Nothing exciting to report from Saturday night

I dunno about that. My youngest son won the draw for the signed replica Tatum 1991 race jacket 😉 Edited by Shads
  • Like 2