British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Interesting to see if Leon will ever be a Bandit.Best of luck in France.

Young Flint clearly is a talent and it would be great to see him in a Berwick team in the future, but has yesterdays announcement proves his name and talent are knowing in places other than Berwick, you can bet when Flint becomes old enough to sign for a team, and become their asset, there will be many teams other than Berwick courting him, most with big fat sponsorship deals to tempt him.

hee hee , so i have a dig at GLASGOW and yet you have a dig at ME . ah well , if it floats yer boat .

Nothing new there then it is all very predictable but serious question why do you feel the need to continually have your snide wee digs at Glasgow even on other teams threads.

Somerset were the team off your digs but now they have moved you seem to have turned your attention to Glasgow all pretty sad really.

• Like 3

Well I dont care if you slag each other but cant you do it on Glasgow or Workington pages and not here. I was told this morning how Adam McKinna is going to be Bandits hospitality manager now that is Berwick news.

If you read my post i also said even on other teams threads so obviously you didnt read my post but still felt the need to comment

And i was making comment on something posted here so i will post it here or do i need your permission.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 2

Well I dont care if you slag each other but cant you do it on Glasgow or Workington pages and not here. I was told this morning how Adam McKinna is going to be Bandits hospitality manager now that is Berwick news.

Confirmed on Berwick`s offical site.

http://berwickbandits.co/article/back-black-gold-bandits-announce-new-commercial-manager

THANK YOU DICK....WELCOME ROY AND STEVE!

Ladies and Gentlemen tonight we can confirm that the season opening 50th season spectacular meeting will be your last opportunity to witness a master at work!

Dick Barrie has made the decision to hand over the microphone and step into retirement from meeting presentation duties.

Your new meeting presentation team will be a double act!
Bandits announcer Steve Hayward makes the full time transition from refs box to the race track on a Saturday night and he will be joined by "Rantin" Roy Clarke.

" Both Roy and Steve will be putting a very different spin on things and the dynamics of a two man presentation team is a very exciting prospect!
Roy and Steve have some great plans up their sleeves and this will only add more entertainment to your Saturday night experience."

adds Scott Courtney,

"Dick Barrie has given a fantastic service to the club throughout the years and stepping away from the limelight on March 18th seems a very fitting way to bow out.
Dick will be welcome as always at Berwick Speedway and still has a lot to offer the club.
On behalf of everyone involved at the Club past and present, we would like to thank Dick for his unrivalled commitment over the years and we wish him all the very best in his retirement from meeting presentation duties"

News taken from the Berwick Facebook page.

• Like 1

THANK YOU DICK....WELCOME ROY AND STEVE!

Ladies and Gentlemen tonight we can confirm that the season opening 50th season spectacular meeting will be your last opportunity to witness a master at work!

Dick Barrie has made the decision to hand over the microphone and step into retirement from meeting presentation duties.

Your new meeting presentation team will be a double act!

Bandits announcer Steve Hayward makes the full time transition from refs box to the race track on a Saturday night and he will be joined by "Rantin" Roy Clarke.

" Both Roy and Steve will be putting a very different spin on things and the dynamics of a two man presentation team is a very exciting prospect!

Roy and Steve have some great plans up their sleeves and this will only add more entertainment to your Saturday night experience."

adds Scott Courtney,

"Dick Barrie has given a fantastic service to the club throughout the years and stepping away from the limelight on March 18th seems a very fitting way to bow out.

Dick will be welcome as always at Berwick Speedway and still has a lot to offer the club.

On behalf of everyone involved at the Club past and present, we would like to thank Dick for his unrivalled commitment over the years and we wish him all the very best in his retirement from meeting presentation duties"

News taken from the Berwick Facebook page.

Did Dick not try to take a step back a couple of years ago , and it didn't seem to work out . I like Clarke though , he does the fours at Peterborough and interacts well with the fans .

Hope Dick has a long and enjoyable retirement , doesn't seem 40 years since I was stood on the terraces at Blantyre 1 , listening to him do his centre green stuff .

Did Dick not try to take a step back a couple of years ago , and it didn't seem to work out . I like Clarke though , he does the fours at Peterborough and interacts well with the fans .

Hope Dick has a long and enjoyable retirement , doesn't seem 40 years since I was stood on the terraces at Blantyre 1 , listening to him do his centre green stuff .

He did indeed, though this time round his retirement seems more permanent. Mr Barrie has presented meetings all over the World, I wish him a long and happy retirement.