British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Don't like the idea of dropping riders once they are signed but if there is a need for a double change how about Bellego or Kus and Zach Wajknecht instead of Bridger and the 2 point rider

Bridger won't be dropped, Havvy and him are chatting all the time about how good Bridger's going to be in the Championship, I can't see it myself but even in the speedway star it said it was just going to be a straight swap unfortunately

Chessell pulling out may just cause more problems than is first thought as a like for like change would weaken Berwick so more than one change is very possible.

If it's Blacklock we will finish bottom of the league on paper and there's a good chance barring injuries it will be the same on track, it is a chance gor the management to be ruthless after seeing the teams that everyone else is fielding compared to us but I have my doubts

If it's Blacklock we will finish bottom of the league on paper and there's a good chance barring injuries it will be the same on track, it is a chance gor the management to be ruthless after seeing the teams that everyone else is fielding compared to us but I have my doubts

Pity that Blacklock has already announced his retirement - thought you prided yourself as always knowing everything :P

• Like 1

Does Jake Knight still ride or would his average be more than 2

He has retired!

Your getting very excited about swapping one 2pt man for another.Dont think that will change or league position!!!! Our Team doesn't look THAT BAD. Edited by Fromafar

Hang on there fella, you`ll have the anti-negativity brigade after you.

IMO I dont think Berwick is the weakest team out there at the minute and I dont see the team bottom of the league. Certainly true to say all of the decent 2pt riders have gone to other clubs so a like for like replacement for Chessell might not be an option, so a couple of changes would be better to strengthen the reserve position, tough on the second rider dropped but if it needs doing to make Berwick stronger then so be it. We dont have to have a 2pt rider, make the right changes could see Carr and Gappmaier start at reserve, which looking at some of the reserve pairing around would give us the strongest reserves in the Championship.