British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Not sure about this team, Berge made a big average jump this season, that's why Sheffield probably didn't want him back, Doolan ok, Bridger, is he a number 1?, Chessell been about for ever, at 27 years of age is there any improvement?

I love Berwick as a club but every year there fans get carried away as there team gets announced and it always fails to deliver, I hope I'm wrong but doesn't do it for me, good luck though.

Two words bell end

• Like 3

Two words bell end

Why, because he/she has an opinion that differs from yours? I don't think you've quite understood how Internet forums work

Edited by Shads
  • Like 9

Not particularly impressed with either completed team if I'm honest, Berwick or Scunthorpe. Both look a tad uninspiring.

That's what happens when you reduce the team building levels each year. Compare any team these days to a team from say ten years ago and the product is bound to look weaker.

Plus you are looking at two teams who lets face it will have smaller than average budgets to work with. Neither of these teams are going to break the bank to attract riders.

• Like 3

I don't get it we had no speedway and the risk of closing and we now have speedway put together a decent team and your still moaning for those of you who are loyal this does not apply for the rest go and follow another sport cause speedway could do without you!

Crikey calm down dear! This is a forum where people discuss things. This is the Berwick thread and as you've just competed your team, people are naturally going to comment on it.

My opinion, your team looks sh!te.

Edited by Catch22

I am happy with the team, 3 potential No1 and good back up, weakness probably Chessell, but most teams will have the same weakness, would have prefered a young UK rider to bring on at No7, can't have everything. Get the track back to a racers track, away from the garbage we have suffered, and I see a good season for the Bandits

Berge made a big average jump this season, that's why Sheffield probably didn't want him back,

In certain instances I can understand the logic re sides moving riders on after average improvement but in the example used here, Berge, it doesn’t even begin to make sense.

His (Berge’s) average improved because he is young and improving – he took strides domestically in the UK and on the continent in the Under 21 – if the logic is applied that he was moved on because his average improved sides like Newcastle and Glasgow would be desperate to move on the Worrall’s because they upped their averages, they won’t be though because they will probably, and rightly, expect further improvement.

Edited by Tyrion
  • Like 2

I don't get it we had no speedway and the risk of closing and we now have speedway put together a decent team and your still moaning for those of you who are loyal this does not apply for the rest go and follow another sport cause speedway could do without you!

It isn't a good idea to advise people not to go to meetings, whether they 'moan' or they don't, personally I think the team looks weak rather than 'decent' but you never know, the new set-up may work wonders with what they've got.

Edited by foamfence

It isn't a good idea to advise people not to go to meetings, whether they 'moan' or they don't, personally I think the team looks weak rather than 'decent' but you never know, the new set-up my work wonders with what they've got.

When you say weak, what sides are you comparing it too?

Edited by Tyrion

It isn't a good idea to advise people not to go to meetings, whether they 'moan' or they don't, personally I think the team looks weak rather than 'decent' but you never know, the new set-up my work wonders with what they've got.

We will just have to wait and see wouldn't say it's weak though?

Let these people knock our team.... Frankly, Glasgows long tail may catch up with them... And let's hope Ipswich do what they've always done since moving down and fail to deliver :)

I think our team is better than what we've started with in a few years. We know we are relying on Bridger to perform though from no.1 and we're aware Liam may find it tough but it's the next step in his career, so it's his time to shine.

I think Luke will be able to pick up his 2 points plus a meeting when he gets going. His style should suit Berwick and from what I seen of him when he rode for the raiders, he won't back down from a challenge or a bit of hard riding. Danny will be looked upon as the senior reserve and from his short time with us last season, I again have no worries. He sometimes found it difficult but he was picking up wins at places he hadn't been before. This year he comes back with that knowledge.

Our middle order in Claus, Dimitri and Kev is where we pack a punch, particularly at home.

So yeah... Let them pick our team apart. The wins come on track... Not on paper.

• Like 3

I'm not comparing it to any but it's weak, has a long tail and a few hit and miss riders. The right leadership might make a difference (as I've already said).

A long tail it may have but that long tail can score points on its home track which is most important to begin with. Most teams are gonna have a long tail this year.

Our promotion, management and backstage team will be on the ball with our newer and lesser experienced riders. Maybe Daddy Courtney may be able to pass some knowledge on also.