British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

I am a Bridger fan so its very good news that he is finally riding in the second tier of British Speedway.

I am a little surprised its Berwick, though. He's spent most of his career on the smaller, more technical tracks and he's not a gater (which helps an awful lot at Shielfield).

Providing he stays fired up, he could still easily be the big hitter that they need.

• Like 1

Delighted with the Berge signing, Berwick had the chance to sign him a couple or three seasons ago, but thankfully he is here now. Capable of being a heavy scorer, especially at home, I`ve no idea at this stage who the last two signings will be, unlikely but hopefully they will be two where Berwick can keep Liam Carr at reserve.

Delighted with the Berge signing, Berwick had the chance to sign him a couple or three seasons ago, but thankfully he is here now. Capable of being a heavy scorer, especially at home, I`ve no idea at this stage who the last two signings will be, unlikely but hopefully they will be two where Berwick can keep Liam Carr at reserve.

Personally I believe Liam could hold his own in the main body of the team no problem.

Kyle Newman or Charles Wright would be a good signing.

Personally I believe Liam could hold his own in the main body of the team no problem.

Kyle Newman or Charles Wright would be a good signing.

Hopefully you will be right, probably best to look at it as Carr`s next lesson, certainly proved a useful reserve last season.

• Like 1

If the team does how the 'wow' factor which Havvy claims it does then Gappmier has to be left out.

I know it all about opinions Hampster but think you being hard on Danny G? He came over to GB last season without any team racing knowledge and did a decent job, considering, including some good away showings. He is Berwick asset and as it appears he would go back in to reserve worth a punt. Remember Berwick have no control over destiny of Perry. But it all opinions and that is good.

• Like 1

I know it all about opinions Hampster but think you being hard on Danny G? He came over to GB last season without any team racing knowledge and did a decent job, considering, including some good away showings. He is Berwick asset and as it appears he would go back in to reserve worth a punt. Remember Berwick have no control over destiny of Perry. But it all opinions and that is good.

With the points Berwick have left I think Gappmaier will get one of the two places remaining, and he is a club asset so why not use him. He was inconsistent at times last year so with an inexperienced reserve partner that cant happen next year as it will leave the team with a long tail, and if there are nights where Carr struggles longer still.