British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Imagine problem is Tom Perry is not Berwick rider so they have no control on where he goes even if he keen? Gappmaier and Garcia are Bandits assets so Berwick can pull strings

His actual average last season was 3.75 and it clearly states on the final BSPA averages he will come in on a 5.

Why sign someone on a false average that they couldn't ride to last season and if anything he got worse over time, the same applies to Garcia.

Gappmaier comes in on an adjusted 4 same as Wallner at Scunthorpe. Both were under 4 last year. As Garcia over 4 he will come in on that average.Hope that makes sense. I saw Gappmaier at both Rye and Somerset and was very impressed on his first visits there. Going by team so far he would be a reserve and can only improve in second season and he is Berwick rider so no loan fee!

that's last seasons averages mate, new rule means that he is on a 4 same as Wallner who has just signed for Scunthope, I personally sill wouldn't have him but he's a 4

Trust the BSPA to confuse everyone,

My interpretation was a new EU rider who has not ridden in the UK previously will come in on a 4 average instead of the old average of 5 average. Those riders that came in on a 5 average this season who did not achieve a 5 would be rounded up to a 5 average. It does appear that they are already amending, so who the hell knows.

My interpretation was a new EU rider who has not ridden in the UK previously will come in on a 4 average instead of the old average of 5 average. Those riders that came in on a 5 average this season who did not achieve a 5 would be rounded up to a 5 average. It does appear that they are already amending, so who the hell knows.

Me thinks it other way round?

His actual average last season was 3.75 and it clearly states on the final BSPA averages he will come in on a 5.

Why sign someone on a false average that they couldn't ride to last season and if anything he got worse over time, the same applies to Garcia.

Correct he comes in on a 4 mr allthegearbutnoidea pretty fitting name really?

Me thinks it other way round?

The amendment was something like, if below a 4 ave rounded up to a 4 average, if above a 4 rounded up to a 5 average. Just wish when someone makes a rule change it is thought out properly, instead have coming up with something that is quite vague, then having to constantly adjust the rule

• Like 1

I posted this in our topic

Posted by IronScorpion on 16 November 2016 - 08:47 PM in Premier League Speedway

I am reading that the foreign riders new minimum average of 4 runs similarly to why the new British reserves have a new minimum of 2 because of the maximum team building limit of 40 is lower than in 2016.

Posters quoting the averages from the BSPA website are the FINAL averages for 2016 & not TEAM BUILDING averages for 2017. Just look at the figures for the old EL as their figures have not been multiplied by 1.4 for conversion to PL. The figures in brackets in the PL sections are the old assessed figures.

Also, not sure if British Reductions still applies as we have lowered the minimum average for British riders this year & our press officer is quoting J Bailey as 2.05 & not 2.00

That is what I understood it to be.

Regardless of that I wouldn't have Gappmaer over Perry and I wouldn't have Garcia at all.

Bridger 8.52, Doolan 6.99, Berge 6.91, Newman 6.31 / Allen 5.96,Carr 4.81, Perry 3.76, Chessell 2.00 fits in nicely.