British Speedway Forum

Berwick 2017 50th Year

the amount he was sticking his fingers up to the fans in the grandstand I don't think he's welcome anymore, I wouldn't want him anyways, with TJ, Seb and Kev being higher on the list for me.

Promise you this, if it is Rathbone, it's because he's taking P/Boro back into the E.L. and Berwick will be used as his PL club for bringing on his assets. Apart from Berwick assets, which he would acquire in the deal, don'y expect any of the riders that are not assets.

• Like 1

Oh right I didn't know that... What happened?

I honestly have no idea, I was filling programme in both times it happened, one was after he fell in heat 4 and I think it was after possibly heat 13 as well. I'm sure someone could tell you?

Maybe a return for Bellego too if he wants it.... He seems to have added a fair bit of consistency to his riding this season

Would like to see him back but I think he wants to go EL, he is an asset though so there's always a possibility.

It would make sense if it was aimed at the ref but there wasn't anything really to complain about imo

Promise you this, if it is Rathbone, it's because he's taking P/Boro back into the E.L. and Berwick will be used as his PL club for bringing on his assets. Apart from Berwick assets, which he would acquire in the deal, don'y expect any of the riders that are not assets.

He only has Grondal...?

I honestly have no idea, I was filling programme in both times it happened, one was after he fell in heat 4 and I think it was after possibly heat 13 as well. I'm sure someone could tell you?

Would like to see him back but I think he wants to go EL, he is an asset though so there's always a possibility.

It would make sense if it was aimed at the ref but there wasn't anything really to complain about imo

He only has Grondal...?

Oh right I'm sure I read on the Glasgow v Workington thread he done the same last week like.

Can't blame Bellego if that's the case how weak the EL is he would easily hold his own imo, although he wouldn't have as many meetings

Edited by ren

While Czech, all I have heard is the name Jed Rathbone.

Oxford fans, Eastbourne fans, Wolverhampton fans,Poole fans,Kings Lynne fans,etc.etc. etc.

True or not true, Jed Rathbone is on the UK speedway circuit as the next owner of the Bandits.They all used the signing of Tom Perry as a sign.

Surprised to haven't been jumped on the usual crew for spreading these rumours, its not on on the Berwick threads.

I would welcome someone coming in that is new to Berwick with a fresh approach both on and off the track.

• Like 1

Surprised to haven't been jumped on the usual crew for spreading these rumours, its not on on the Berwick threads.

I would welcome someone coming in that is new to Berwick with a fresh approach both on and off the track.

In this case it seems to be a rumour from all parts of the speedway world, I really don't know if it is true or not. A new approach would be welcome, it's why I do support Scott Courtneys approach, however, he can only work within the constraints placed upon him.

In this case it seems to be a rumour from all parts of the speedway world, I really don't know if it is true or not. A new approach would be welcome, it's why I do support Scott Courtneys approach, however, he can only work within the constraints placed upon him.

Yeah, Scott was a real breath of fresh air this season.

A lot of the steps forward were his forward thinking.

Edited by bigeddiechek

A new owner may well bring in his own manger which I hope doesn't happen as IMO Scott did enough this season to be kept in his job.

I do hope whoever takes over, they keep Scott on board, alongside Dennis Mcleary, anyone else can be replaced. I don't always agree with Scott, but he is open to someone else's opinion.

Fair to say if it wasn't for likes of Dennis Berwick Speedway probably wouldn't be here today.

• Like 1

A new owner may well bring in his own manger which I hope doesn't happen as IMO Scott did enough this season to be kept in his job.

Fair to say if it wasn't for likes of Dennis Berwick Speedway probably wouldn't be here today.

Those pair do a hell of a lot of work behind the scenes that goes unrecognised. I only hope that any new owner, whoever he may be, i've never heard any rumours, keeps these people on board and also gets the supporters club back involved. There was a lot of good work done last year on the commercial side of things, the hospitality suite was used nearly every week, let's build on that to put the club on a better footing.

• Like 2

Totally agree, but deeply concerned that as he rapidly approaches 70, neither football or speesway seem to be training up a successor.

Without Dennis there would be no activity at Shielfield Park

As I posted yesterday if Rathbone is to be the new owner he may well have someone already that will run Berwick Speedway day to day, but it is also true that there are many people already at the club who do a valuable job, largely for little reward, who will still be there whoever takes over.

Dennis McCleary's contribution to Betwick Speedway is immeasurable and if anyone buys they club it is unthinkable that he will not still be still involved if he still wants to contribute, his knowledge and local contacts and work behind the scenes are vital IMO .

I put Dennis in the same category as the late Ian Graham irreplaceable. Any prospectiven new owner should be over the moon to have someone like Dennis to rely on
  • Like 3