British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Looking at the remaining fixtures left this season, I have got a suggestion to get them all completed which might potentially work:

30/07/2017 (H) CLB - Edinburgh

07/08/2017 (TBC) (could a fixture be arranged??)

13/08/2017 (H) CLB - Peterborough

20/08/2017 (H) CLB - Glasgow and KOC Meeting (5:30pm start) - double header

26/08/2017 (A) CLB - Glasgow and KOC Meeting (6pm start) - double header

27/08/2017 (H) CLB - Scunthorpe

28/08/2017 (A) CLB - Scunthorpe (3pm)

30/08/2017 (A) CLB - Peterborough

02/09/2017 (A) CLB - Berwick

03/09/2017 (H) CLA and CLB - Redcar (5:30pm start) - double header

09/09/17 (A) CLA and CLB - Workington (6pm start) - double header

10/09/17 or 11/09/17 (H) (TBC) (tricky to get a fixture arranged on these dates??)

17/09/17 (H) CLB - Sheffield

TBC

(H) CLB - Workington

This solution is possible if we arrange a few double headers. Could we run two home fixtures one week potentially on a off race night??

What about possible further KOC meetings? Past Glasgow... Although I doubt it

Looking at the remaining fixtures left this season, I have got a suggestion to get them all completed which might potentially work:

10/09/17 or 11/09/17 (H) (TBC) (tricky to get a fixture arranged on these dates??)

TBC

(H) CLB - Workington

This solution is possible if we arrange a few double headers. Could we run two home fixtures one week potentially on a off race night??

No real hurry for the cup matches. The Peterborough v Scunthorpe QF 2nd leg (who the winner of our QF meets in the semi) isn't scheduled to take place until 22 September.

I haven't thought about extra cup meetings after Glasgow. But we need to arrange the meetings sooner than later espically with Glasgow's back log of fixtures too.

I wonder who we could ride next Monday??

Without Robert Lambert.....

TBC

(H) CLB - Workington

No need to have a double header against redcar, second match can be late September/early October when the play-offs are taking place - neither team is going to be involved!! :wink:

No need to have a double header against redcar, second match can be late September/early October when the play-offs are taking place - neither team is going to be involved!! :wink:

8 points away to Newcastle would put Redcar back in contention again for the play offs especially as they still have Sheffield one of the teams they need to catch 3 times yet (twice at home) so don't write them off now they are back to full strength. Dont think Redcar would want to ride both meetings on the same night. Redcar have been messed about by Newcastle with no dates yet for either their A or B away meetings. Come on George get your finger out.

8 points away to Newcastle would put Redcar back in contention again for the play offs especially as they still have Sheffield one of the teams they need to catch 3 times yet (twice at home) so don't write them off now they are back to full strength. Dont think Redcar would want to ride both meetings on the same night. Redcar have been messed about by Newcastle with no dates yet for either their A or B away meetings. Come on George get your finger out.

Newcastle have offered Redcar numerous dates and they haven't bothered to reply. (This from a Redcar fan).

I am a Redcar fan and our management are saying they have not been offered any dates.

Well the Redcar fan I spoke to said he'd asked George English if there was any news on dates v Redcar and he'd said he was awaiting a reply to an e-mail sent over a week ago offering 3 dates !

Well the Redcar fan I spoke to said he'd asked George English if there was any news on dates v Redcar and he'd said he was awaiting a reply to an e-mail sent over a week ago offering 3 dates !

Well if its only just over a week ago its a bit much, the end of July and we are at this late stage being offered dates for a meeting that was called off on 7th May just because Newcastle United has a lunch time home football match. If the offer of new dates is that recent the Bears management are probably waiting for replies from their riders re availability.

Edited by Sly Fox

:shock: :shock: You've done it again Dandelion. :mad: :mad:

Where has the poor kangaroo gone? :sad::cry::cry:

;)

She's on holiday for a few weeks!!! Even the kangaroo needs a holiday ;)

Looks like getting a petition going again

Who's willing to pay me the most to get her back... ;)

• Like 2

Well if its only just over a week ago its a bit much, the end of July and we are at this late stage being offered dates for a meeting that was called off on 7th May just because Newcastle United has a lunch time home football match. If the offer of new dates is that recent the Bears management are probably waiting for replies from their riders re availability.

I'd be very much surprised if that was the 1st communication. I would suggest it's fault on both sides. Offered dated not being acceptable for whatever reason. And redcar not saying "we can come on x, y ,z. When do you want us".

Hope she enjoys her holiday Dandelion and I hope she returns fit and ready to resume her duties on here. :t::)

I hope you enjoy your Holidays too. :)

I'm skint by the way. ;)

• Like 1

Thought for a second this was another Holder/Batchelor thread... 😛
  • Like 1