British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

A question...

Adam Ellis' new PL average (as of 10/07/2017) is going to be 4.17... He started the year on a 7.64 average...

If, for example and this is purely just an example, we dropped Ashley and brought in Adam Ellis, would his average for our league be 4.17 or 7.64 (which wouldn't fit) The two leagues shared averages at the beginning of the year, would this now be the case for the rest of the season? And season's to come?

This is just examples because I think I'd prefer Ashley over Adam anyway, but it's just a rule I'm curious about how the averages for the PL and CL work...

Adam Ellis would be a bargain on a 4.17 average!!!

As far as I am aware his 4.17 average would have a conversion rate for the championship,what that rate is hasn't been made public,strange that as the BSPA were wanting to be transparent allegedly.

• Like 3

As far as I am aware his 4.17 average would have a conversion rate for the championship,what that rate is hasn't been made public,strange that as the BSPA were wanting to be transparent allegedly.

Thanks for the information :t: Damn BSPA!!

Been told it's x 1.2

Which makes Adam Ellis a 5.00 rider, still a massive bargain imo, an international on a 5.00 :P Haha

Good 2nd place for Connor Coles in the The Vincents's Motorcycles and Antiques Individual at Isle of Wight last night and a 3rd place by Alfie Bowtell :t:

Didn't even know that was a meeting lol, but well done to all involved, especially Connor and Alfie

Really happy to see Alfie get a Championship place. You can never fault his effort and he'll definitely pick up points. Was disappointed to see him leave Mildenhall at the end of last season but it has certainly worked in his favour.

He did really well last Sunday, if he can ride Brough like that every week, he'll do great!! What is his style? Does he like tight tracks and hate big tracks? Slow and steady (a bit like Ben Hopwood) or just quick around everywhere?

Edited by Dandelion

How about Ashley for Pavlova? Ashley has been impressive so far this year, but I still feel he is JUST short of being a strong 1-5 rider... Would be harsh to chop him, but maybe it would be a good idea for the team, then we could go...

1. Robert Lambert 9.65

2. Victor Palovaara 5.81/Gino Manzares 6.02/Stuart Robson ?.?? - Ashley Morris 6.15 Out

3. Lewis Rose 6.58

4. Ludvig LIndgren 6.89

5. Steve Worrall 8.81

6. Ben Hopwood 2.55

7. Alfie Bowtell 2.00

Or, if the averages fit, I'm not 100% of the rules, we could bring Robson in on his converted PL to CL average for Ashley... Have Robbo or Lewis or Ludvig in any order for the 2, 3 and 4 race jackets...

Was also thinking about Dimitri Berge, but he's JUST got too high of an average to come in for Ashley, Lewis or Ludvig (before anyone suggests)

Edit: Just an afterthought... Since he's "looking for a place in the uk" according to Kelvin and Nigel during the world cup... Gino Manzares only has a 6.02 average..... He looked pretty impressive in the world cup imo, especially at King's Lynn, and he's probably used to the tight bends over in America

And now to be completely controversial, and cause chaos... Steve Boxall has a 6.15 average..... ;)

Just seen on another thread that Robson is a 6.29, so forget what I said about him

Edited by Dandelion

How about Ashley for Pavlova? Ashley has been impressive so far this year, but I still feel he is JUST short of being a strong 1-5 rider... Would be harsh to chop him, but maybe it would be a good idea for the team, then we could go...

1. Robert Lambert 9.65

2. Victor Palovaara 5.81/Gino Manzares 6.02/Stuart Robson ?.?? - Ashley Morris 6.15 Out

3. Lewis Rose 6.58

4. Ludvig LIndgren 6.89

5. Steve Worrall 8.81

6. Ben Hopwood 2.55

7. Alfie Bowtell 2.00

Or, if the averages fit, I'm not 100% of the rules, we could bring Robson in on his converted PL to CL average for Ashley... Have Robbo or Lewis or Ludvig in any order for the 2, 3 and 4 race jackets...

Was also thinking about Dimitri Berge, but he's JUST got too high of an average to come in for Ashley, Lewis or Ludvig (before anyone suggests)

Edit: Just an afterthought... Since he's "looking for a place in the uk" according to Kelvin and Nigel during the world cup... Gino Manzares only has a 6.02 average..... He looked pretty impressive in the world cup imo, especially at King's Lynn, and he's probably used to the tight bends over in America

And now to be completely controversial, and cause chaos... Steve Boxall has a 6.15 average..... ;)

Just seen on another thread that Robson is a 6.29, so forget what I said about him

I wouldn't touch him even if he had a 2.15 average.. ;)

1. Robert Lambert 9.65

3. Lewis Rose 6.58

4. Ludvig LIndgren 6.89

5. Steve Worrall 8.81

6. Ben Hopwood 2.55

7. Alfie Bowtell 2.00

Hi Dandelion.

Regarding Manzares - I would just draw your attention to Post Number: 266 by waytogo28 on the subject.

Just thought you may be interested. :t::)

Hi Dandelion.

Regarding Manzares - I would just draw your attention to Post Number: 266 by waytogo28 on the subject.

Just looked at post 266 and it's got nothing to do with Manzares or is it bywaytogo28.

Anyway although Manzares qualifies for a work permit you would still need to apply for one for him. I very much doubt the paperwork would be complete in time.

Hi Dandelion.

Just looked at post 266 and it's got nothing to do with Manzares or is it bywaytogo28.

Anyway although Manzares qualifies for a work permit you would still need to apply for one for him. I very much doubt the paperwork would be complete in time.

Ooops. :oops::oops::oops:

That's my fault leander.

I should have stated: Post 266 by waytogo28

In the Bt Coverage Thread under Speedway News & Discussions.

Sorry about that leander and Dandelion.

How come the Newcastle V Workington fixture has been moved from Sunday 16th to Monday 17th at 7:30pm.

Will their be a home fixture on the Cardiff weekend either Sunday or Monday?

Stadium work taking place on the Sunday, so we have had to move to Monday next week.

At present, we do not have a home meeting on the Sunday or the Monday GP weekend. I don't think we will actually.