British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

I don't know where your getting your information from but it's wrong I'm at Workington now and he's on the GTR again

Very high up officials from Newcastle at the Heaton Music Festival where we had a stand yesterday.

Edited by Tsunami

"Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Renéééé" ;):t::rofl: :rofl:

Wut?

I'm just looking forward to 2018 now... Already, because this year is becoming boring, the races are all so predictable and our team is struggling... I'm still going to attend the rest of 2017, but I'm not hopeful of any results/not excited about the team... Which I should be, I mean we have one of the biggest talents in speedway...

The Television Programme. 'allo, 'allo.

René was the Bar Owner.

https://www.marktv.org/aa/characters.html

Have a look at the caption under Yvette Carte-Blanche.

Ohhh xD I don't think I'm old or British enough for that one :o xD

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

I know you didn't mean it in an insulting way though Dandelion. :t:

I just didn't realise how long ago 'Allo, 'allo was broadcast. :)

Of course not, I wouldn't insult you, or anyone who didn't deserve it :P

I've never even heard of it before

Does anyone know when the access from the turnstiles to the track will be reopened as I won't return to the track until this is?

As the alternative way through the bar or pits is no good for me!

Thanks for response in advance.

Does anyone know when the access from the turnstiles to the track will be reopened as I won't return to the track until this is?

As the alternative way through the bar or pits is no good for me!

Thanks for response in advance.

they said about 3 weeks I think,,, but it could take as long as it takes.

I do hope they hurry up, cos some of those 'bar folk' are encroaching on our 'grandstand places' :(

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

they said about 3 weeks I think,,, but it could take as long as it takes.

I do hope they hurry up, cos some of those 'bar folk' are encroaching on our 'grandstand places' :(

It was announced at that time though it was the upstairs bar this is the outside I am talking about?

It was announced at that time though it was the upstairs bar this is the outside I am talking about?

Yes, but since they are removing Asbestos from the ceiling I believe that is where the "airlock" entrance is and the workers decontamination area is so I suspect it will remain blocked off for the duration. They are, however, working 24 hours a day.

Well that's his GTR just went bang in heat 10

well one of them anyway. He used his GM's at Newcastle so maybe he thinks his GTR's are better suited to the bigger tracks and his GM's at home. Anyway it worked.

arr ok,,, a thought they were doing the toilets at the same time and thought they were just using that bit for their makeshift yard, sorry.

No idea mate watch and see what happens LOL.

No idea mate watch and see what happens LOL.

It could be longer than 1st thought, unfortunately. They are supposed to be working 24/7 but there was no-one working last night unlike the previous sunday. i did hear that there was an incident involving a contractor last monday and a live electric supply that was supposed to be cut off, and all work has stopped. There is, supposedly, a lot of very old wiring and that they don't know where it's plugged into so they need to investigate whats live and whats not. How true this all is I don't know. But there didn't appear to be anyone on site last night.

• Like 2