British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

If Panthers management use there heads they will be keeping both Lambert and Bacon , Lambert should score loads of points going down to reserve and Bacon will only get better.

Aside from Ellis Perks, I don't think I've seen a reserve lead Steve Worrall for so long like Bacon did. And ESPECIALLY not at Newcastle. And for Steve to be so high in the averages, it takes something special. If the Panthers have any common sense, they won't get rid of Bacon.

If Panthers management use there heads they will be keeping both Lambert and Bacon , Lambert should score loads of points going down to reserve and Bacon will only get better.

I tend to agree. But if they want to strengthen then???. can't see them ditching Ostergaard (promoters favourite). They'd be mad to dump Holder or Starke. So that only leaves Hansen really. However panthers promotion have history in making some weird and not so wonderful decisions.

Edited by leander

I saw that. Can't figure out why that is, as there are no rolling averages anymore as far as I'm aware. Therefore you should be stuck with your starting average until you've done 4 home and 4 away. An explanation would be welcome.

Tero got a reduction before the season started.

Aside from Ellis Perks, I don't think I've seen a reserve lead Steve Worrall for so long like Bacon did. And ESPECIALLY not at Newcastle. And for Steve to be so high in the averages, it takes something special. If the Panthers have any common sense, they won't get rid of Bacon.

Dan 'the ginga ninja' Bewley did last season and won, what a race,,, but Bacon was a sitting duck ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 2

If he got a reduction before season started, wouldn't he come in on that average, and not suddenly have it applied on a random date?

Not expecting anyone to have too much of an understanding of the inner workings of the mystery which is greensheets averages, looks like a new issue is out which amends virtually the whole Redcar team from the one issued day before - think batteries much have been going flat in the old calculator!!!

If he got a reduction before season started, wouldn't he come in on that average, and not suddenly have it applied on a random date?

Not expecting anyone to have too much of an understanding of the inner workings of the mystery which is greensheets averages, looks like a new issue is out which amends virtually the whole Redcar team from the one issued day before - think batteries much have been going flat in the old calculator!!!

Tero was interviewed by Roy Clarke (during the second match of the season against against Workington) and Tero said he'd got a reduction on his average then, so it was already reduced by then.

Edited by Steve Park

On the updated version just issued, Aarnio's average is back to it's original, which I guess includes the reduction steve park refers to. I think the office junior was let loose with the issue of the erroneous set of averages as it is full of ficticious information!!

• Like 1

On the updated version just issued, Aarnio's average is back to it's original, which I guess includes the reduction steve park refers to. I think the office junior was let loose with the issue of the erroneous set of averages as it is full of ficticious information!!

According to the end of season averages Tero's average was 6. something (6.14 I think!!), but as you say, that has now been changed on last seasons ending sheets to the 5.28 he's come in on at Scunthorpe. Very confusing (but this is speedway after all!!) !!

Seems like situation normal to me.

Speedway continues to shoot itself in the foot.

They've changed his!!! Issue 12 (24/05) shows his current GS as 5.28 and 4.57 from 29/05. Issue 13 (25/05) shows it staying at 5.28. So someone obviously cocked it up in issue 12. I can appreciate him getting a reduction at the start. It was the 0.57 reduction effective from 29/05 that had me puzzled.

• Like 1

They've changed his!!! Issue 12 (24/05) shows his current GS as 5.28 and 4.57 from 29/05. Issue 13 (25/05) shows it staying at 5.28. So someone obviously cocked it up in issue 12. I can appreciate him getting a reduction at the start. It was the 0.57 reduction effective from 29/05 that had me puzzled.

Issue 12 of the GSA's was obviously written by Dan Brown.

All the Redcar team's figures were incorrect. Charles Wright wasn't even given a new average when he should have been (but then again it would have been wrong anyway).

This was corrected in issue 13 (issued the following day!) and the figures are now correct, however we had the ludicrous situation where a set of GSA's were issued on the day they became effective! Good job Jason Garrity didn't lose his #1 place as we had to name our team 3 days before the averages which determined our line up were issued.

Joke.

Not to worry. Workington's James Sarjeant's +5% average (for home guests), is lower than his GSA, according to issue 12 and 13 (GSA 5.66. +5% = 5.38!)!!

Edited because it appeared I was wishing bad luck on James however he is only actually averaging 3.68.

Edited by Boothers