British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Rose won't move into PL/abroad but he could become a Steve/Rich Worrall type of guy if this season goes well for him like it has started off where he has looked very good at home for Newcastle and Kings Lynn just needs to pick up some better scores on the road and he'll be there, this time next year he will be a better rider than Luddo, I'm 90% sure of that

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea

Rose won't move into PL/abroad but he could become a Steve/Rich Worrall type of guy if this season goes well for him like it has started off where he has looked very good at home for Newcastle and Kings Lynn just needs to pick up some better scores on the road and he'll be there, this time next year he will be a better rider than Luddo, I'm 90% sure of that

I'm 90% sure of that too, and you never know where his career will take him, maybe it might go down hill from now on? Maybe he'll suddenly go crazy and we'll see him in the GPs in a few years, both unlikely, but hey, this IS speedway we're talking about, where anything can happen, and usually does

But it was you that said why isn't Rose getting talked about being dropped when Ludvig was wasn't it?

Well, I think none of them deserve to be dropped, and other people have even said, it's hard to chose between them, but people were only talking about ludvig and not one mention of Rose... I think both of them deserve to stay, all of our top 5 do...

People are always talking down about Ludvig

Edited by Dandelion

Because he is the only one in ur top 5 that has peaked imo and a lot of others opinions, the other 4 are also all Brits as well

I get that, but not everyone has to grow, Ludvig is a very solid and entertaining second string and captain who would also do a job in a heat leader role, but, we all have our opinions :P Kevin Doolan has peaked and is on his way down (Granted he is much older) but still, would you replace him, as club captain, because he's not going to grow? I think the amount of work Ludvig has done off the track over the years too warrants a lot of praise, but he never gets it? I don't think Ludvig has peaked yet tbh, he's only 26, he's got many years ahead of him, I mean, look at Jason Doyle... He only grew good as he got older, I dunno, and we have 6 out of 7 Brits, that's possibly the best British to foreigner ratio in the top two leagues (I might be wrong) what much more do you want? :P lol... Ludvig the adopted Geordie, he lives up here and doesn't he have a girlfriend/wife from Newcastle? Although..... I might be completely wrong about that xD I don't follow him THAT closely O.O

Roy should re-name him to Ludvig Marmite Lindgren

I think Kevin Doolan was a terrible example..... xD But it's the closest example in Berwick's team

Josh Auty, he's 7/7.5 rider, he's clearly 'peaked' over a longer period of time than Ludvig has, same age as Ludvig, Scunthorpe's captain (I think) they won't be dropping him soon, he's a decent rider, scored points from most positions in the team, the only thing he's got going is he's British, well, the rules aren't all riders must be British, so it's ok

I'll look like a right idiot if Scunthorpe drop Auty tomorrow...

• Like 1

Well... He should... But has George had a word with him ;) Haha... Just kidding, averages do strange things sometimes... He's already dropped, and with rolling averages, what else will it do, even if it stayed where it was now, it'd be good :)

Well considering I was saying I'd want him instead of Rene ;) But still, I know where you're coming from, you hate him as much as I love him xD It'd be too hard to chose for me, but all I'd think is that Ludvig will stay around longer than Rose, as in Rose will move on to the PL and Ludvig will stay here

I certainly don't hate him Dandelion, just, in my opinion not good enough. I just think there are better Riders out there. That and the fact that his Away form over the years can be said to be (being kind) a little disappointing.

The only average that matters is the one in October which has been earned over a whole season.

True. But start of season averages are previous seasons October averages. Unless they are assessed, or you are a brit with a % reduction.

As for it being a weaker product I'm not so sure it is that much weaker. Lower points limit yes, but 2.00 minimum assessed instead of 3.00 means that most teams built to a near 41.00 limit. Ipswich & us built to a near 42.00 if the minimum assessed was still 3.00. The premiership is weaker I agree, but several championship heat leaders are also premiership heat leaders.

It is worth noting that Danny is one of the most improved 2.00 men this year before his injury. only Redcar's Ellis Perks is higher yet people were suggesting he should be replaced.

I get that, but not everyone has to grow, Ludvig is a very solid and entertaining second string and captain who would also do a job in a heat leader role, but, we all have our opinions :P Kevin Doolan has peaked and is on his way down (Granted he is much older) but still, would you replace him, as club captain, because he's not going to grow? I think the amount of work Ludvig has done off the track over the years too warrants a lot of praise, but he never gets it? I don't think Ludvig has peaked yet tbh, he's only 26, he's got many years ahead of him, I mean, look at Jason Doyle... He only grew good as he got older, I dunno, and we have 6 out of 7 Brits, that's possibly the best British to foreigner ratio in the top two leagues (I might be wrong) what much more do you want? :P lol... Ludvig the adopted Geordie, he lives up here and doesn't he have a girlfriend/wife from Newcastle? Although..... I might be completely wrong about that xD I don't follow him THAT closely O.ORoy should re-name him to Ludvig Marmite Lindgren

I think Kevin Doolan was a terrible example..... xD But it's the closest example in Berwick's team

Josh Auty, he's 7/7.5 rider, he's clearly 'peaked' over a longer period of time than Ludvig has, same age as Ludvig, Scunthorpe's captain (I think) they won't be dropping him soon, he's a decent rider, scored points from most positions in the team, the only thing he's got going is he's British, well, the rules aren't all riders must be British, so it's ok

I'll look like a right idiot if Scunthorpe drop Auty tomorrow...

Auty won't get dropped. Too much of a risk to drop a main rider in the team.

I certainly don't hate him Dandelion, just, in my opinion not good enough. I just think there are better Riders out there. That and the fact that his Away form over the years can be said to be (being kind) a little disappointing.

Yeah, I just was using hate as in love hate, I don't think anyone hates a rider who goes out and basically risks their lives for our entertainment... Over the years I've jokingly disliked some Redcar riders, but really, I love them all, they're 1000% braver than I'd ever be... But I understand, I get disappointed with Ludvig sometimes too, but hey, in a sport as dangerous as speedway, I think everyone has the chance to struggle now and again (Although, before this year, Ludvig has done it a bit more than others, I agree) You need to be 100% in your head and 110% in your bikes before you can even THINK about performing well

Auty won't get dropped. Too much of a risk to drop a main rider in the team.

And would you, or any one else, not consider Ludvig a main rider in our team? I would say he definitely is and has been for a few years now at least

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

And would you, or any one else, not consider Ludvig a main rider in our team? I would say he definitely is and has been for a few years now at least

well, as the new averages have been released and will take effect in a few days. It may be that an opportunity to 'strenghten' the team may have been missed, unless we can snap up a couple of riders in the next few days :(

So,,, maybe 'lightning' will be around a bit longer :)

I didn't mean to give off the impression that i don't think Ludvig's a main rider in the team. :oops:

He can certainly score home and away (on certain tracks), but if changes are to be made, someone in the top 5 unfortunately has to go whether the fans like it or not. I just think it would be him who would go. Decisions like this are tough, and if we as fans can't decide who would be dropped, imagine how difficult it must be for the management.

However, no matter who goes or who stays, I'll go every week regardless to cheer on my team. Whether it's a good season or bad, scoring lots of points or none at all. It'll still be the diamonds.

Edited by DiamondGlory
  • Like 1

well, as the new averages have been released and will take effect in a few days. It may be that an opportunity to 'strenghten' the team may have been missed, unless we can snap up a couple of riders in the next few days :(

The only way to strength team was to drop two riders and make top end weaker whilst improving reserves. realistically no one wants to drop any of top five (despite all comments on commitment, Ludvig/Rose etc etc), but the downside is that we have two very weak reserves and I have been saying all season that (in my opinion) it was the wrong team building strategy, however I still think we will win most of home matches and pick up odd points away.

I don't see us beating any of the top sides over two legs and really would be surprised if we end up in top 4 Ippo, the 2 Scotties and Sheffield will all be above us.

Hopefully might be able to get Bacon on board soon.

There's still stuff we can do to change the team up :)

Ben in action courtesy of SGB website

https://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.32323

Omg no :( That was such a good ride and then for that to happen, feel terrible for him, at least he still got second after having mechanical issues

I didn't mean to give off the impression that i don't think Ludvig's a main rider in the team. :oops:

He can certainly score home and away (on certain tracks), but if changes are to be made, someone in the top 5 unfortunately has to go whether the fans like it or not. I just think it would be him who would go. Decisions like this are tough, and if we as fans can't decide who would be dropped, imagine how difficult it must be for the management.

However, no matter who goes or who stays, I'll go every week regardless to cheer on my team. Whether it's a good season or bad, scoring lots of points or none at all. It'll still be the diamonds.

I'm not saying you did, but some other people do :P

I wouldn't chose Ludvig to go out of our top 5, if we were going to get a stronger reserve in, we'd have to bring someone else on a 5-6 point averge in too, and that's not very strong...

The only way to strength team was to drop two riders and make top end weaker whilst improving reserves. realistically no one wants to drop any of top five (despite all comments on commitment, Ludvig/Rose etc etc), but the downside is that we have two very weak reserves and I have been saying all season that (in my opinion) it was the wrong team building strategy, however I still think we will win most of home matches and pick up odd points away.

I don't see us beating any of the top sides over two legs and really would be surprised if we end up in top 4 Ippo, the 2 Scotties and Sheffield will all be above us.

Hopefully might be able to get Bacon on board soon.

No one wants any of the top 5 to go, but unfortunately, if we want our reserves sorting out, someone needs to...

Bacon would be a nice signing, and the way Ged goes with his team... He might be out of one soon?

would be a decent swap for Coles, but failing that,,, I would maybe look at throwing Josh in, or at least putting them out 2nd half together, and see how it goes.

Please don't put Josh in yet, waaay too early for him, he'd struggle tonnes more than Connor... it'd just ruin Josh's career before it's even began... still confuses me why he's signed for Newcastle, and now he can't sign for Buxton in the NL, the team he seemed to ride for the most down there... In the MDL anyway

Second halves with Connor, I can agree with that though, it'd give them both competition, Connor won't want to be beaten by Josh and Josh will want to beat Connor...

I'm still interested hear where Jake Knight is going... He has a team place apparently... Just not been announced yet? He retired for work commitment reasons, could a CL place have tempted him back in? Something a NL place might not have done.....

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 1

would be a decent swap for Coles, but failing that,,, I would maybe look at throwing Josh in, or at least putting them out 2nd half together, and see how it goes.

Decent swap for Newcastle maybe but why would we want someone in return who is just not doing the business. Panthers need to keep Bacon he has potential.

Well, I agree, I think I'd prefer to see Ludvig in the team anyway, it was just a passing comment more than anything

Ahhhhh, does the 'only one other league' rule only count for the top league in Poland? (Not even going to try and spell it out)

Well, doesn't that mean that Ludvig is more of a long term option for us then? Which is better, Lewis will just keep on going up and eventually drop the CL to ride abroad, hopefully, Ludvig will stay for many years to come :) If of course, he has peaked and doesn't suddenly go crazy, I'd pick our captain over Rose, although it's a VERY VERY hard decision, and I hope they both stay for the next 2 or 3 years at least :P

But still... Isn't it just as bad to purposely not win the league just to avoid racing the Promotion relegation thingy?

This is nearly as bad as most of my suggestions, I admire the dude, how can someone with so many bad injuries keep coming back, but he hates Brough and wants to retire...

I don't think us being in the Premiership would mean bye bye either, I just don't think we'd do very well in it, bring in Robert, Steve, Rose and Ludvig, and maybe big Bjerre and two others (Maybe Richie and a young reserve?), would be a half decent team, and shouldn't cost TOO much more than what we have now, although, what do I know, the whole club might already be hanging on a thread? But would we have gone in for Robert if it was? I doubt he was cheap...

Is Tero Aarnio only on a month contract with Scunthorpe...?

Because I see his average is already dropping.....

And Ashley's is rising.....

I saw that. Can't figure out why that is, as there are no rolling averages anymore as far as I'm aware. Therefore you should be stuck with your starting average until you've done 4 home and 4 away. An explanation would be welcome.

It's not so much being able to afford a team. It would almost certainly mean a lot more running on an offnight as not many teams would want to come on a Sunday due to poland and following GP nights when riders would be missing meaning more guests. Regular monday night running would be financial suicide as George has already said we lose money with monday running in the championship, never mind the premiership.

Decent swap for Newcastle maybe but why would we want someone in return who is just not doing the business. Panthers need to keep Bacon he has potential.

Well with new GS they have room to strengthen up (unlike Newcastle). It depends on whether they keep Lambert on a 3.00 or bacon on a 2.00.

Edited by leander

I saw that. Can't figure out why that is, as there are no rolling averages anymore as far as I'm aware. Therefore you should be stuck with your starting average until you've done 4 home and 4 away. An explanation would be welcome.

It's not so much being able to afford a team. It would almost certainly mean a lot more running on an offnight as not many teams would want to come on a Sunday due to poland and following GP nights when riders would be missing meaning more guests. Regular monday night running would be financial suicide as George has already said we lose money with monday running in the championship, never mind the premiership.

Well with new GS they have room to strengthen up (unlike Newcastle). It depends on whether they keep Lambert on a 3.00 or bacon on a 2.00.

If Panthers management use there heads they will be keeping both Lambert and Bacon , Lambert should score loads of points going down to reserve and Bacon will only get better.

• Like 1