British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Aye but George built the team like that for a reason and you's are doing fine, you're panicking like you's are bottom of the league.

You're right, we're not bottom, but we're not going to win anything either, imo

At least if they stick with the same 1-7 the reserves should be better next season hopefully.I suppose this is what the league is all about giving a chance to the youngsters and I know some are not up to speed but they have to start somewhere.

I would question that, would they be improved, or would they be so low in confidence it ruins them? As far as I remember, Oliver Greenwood asked Peterborough to drop him when he wasn't performing good enough, and where's he now?

Newcastle and Sunderland Stadiums have just been sold by William Hill to the Rueben Brothers for ten million pounds

Does that put any threat on Newcastle speedway? / Does that mean Sunderland Stars might come back?

I would question that, would they be improved, or would they be so low in confidence it ruins them? As far as I remember, Oliver Greenwood asked Peterborough to drop him when he wasn't performing good enough, and where's he now?

Does that put any threat on Newcastle speedway? / Does that mean Sunderland Stars might come back?

No (at least not at the current stadium).

Newcastle and Sunderland Stadiums have just been sold by William Hill to the Rueben Brothers for ten million pounds

is that good news and, does it mean that if you hold a season ticket you can use all the other 'arc' courses free ???

Horse racing and speedway on 1 ticket, yippee,,, me best 2 pastimes :)

if Newcastle are to ditch 'Lightning',,, best do it now before the new averages come out, he's shed over half a point :(

but who would we bring in?
wonder if they'll make any changes to how the stadium looks. As long as it doesn't interfere with the speedway, I'm not fussed!

I'm not sure. Lambert and Worrall are a quality pair at times, so the pairs could be an option. Same with the fours, if they add Rose and Lindgren to the mix. Worrall would be a good shout to win the PLRC-- sorry, the CLRC. But the league or KO cup? No.

Edited by DiamondGlory

is that good news and, does it mean that if you hold a season ticket you can use all the other 'arc' courses free ???

Horse racing and speedway on 1 ticket, yippee,,, me best 2 pastimes :)

:shock: :shock: :shock: Are you coming around to my point of view RD? :shock: :shock: :shock:

You'll definitely upset Dandelion. :nono:

definitely not, but I don't understand the question ?!!?

I think he was supposed to reply to your "Lighting" quote #1319, but clearly the owld fool got a bit confused... :P:D

• Like 1

I think he was supposed to reply to your "Lighting" quote #1319, but clearly the owld fool got a bit confused... :P:D

a naa,,, its not hard ;)

some-one on nearly a 7pt ave, and the other on nearly a 3,,,

you have 7.69 + 2.00 + 0.19 spare (9.88), so any two that fit ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

a naa,,, its not hard ;)some-one on nearly a 7pt ave, and the other on nearly a 3,,,

Haha, but can they ride brough as well as ludde? That's what you need to figure out.

Haha, but can they ride brough as well as ludde? That's what you need to figure out.

It isn't Brough that is the problem though is it?

Ooops!!! :oops::oops::oops:

Sorry - I quoted the wrong Post. Thank you for pointing RD in the right direction Steve. :t:

It isn't Brough that is the problem though is it?

Of course not the track, but if we replace Lindgren with a rider who can't ride there, it means less points scored, meaning a higher chance of a loss.

Of course not the track, but if we replace Lindgren with a rider who can't ride there, it means less points scored, meaning a higher chance of a loss.

what we should do is,,, replace him with a rider that is sh!t at home, but good on the road,,,

so then the away fans think he's great and the home fans think he's sh!t,,, so not much difference there then ;)

Gah, some people have a serious vendetta against Ludvig, someone who as pointed out previously, is 3rd highest averaging in our team and captain, I don't understand why people mention Ludvig but not Rose, same average now, but I would trust Ludvig to win a race (Home and away) more than I'd trust Rose

This is not me having a go at Lewis as I love him!!

This is a question of how the rules work, not me wanting Rene to come back... Although I do want that

Robert Lambert rides in Poland, and four other leagues, but I thought you could only ride in one other as well as Poland

Rene rides in Poland, and Sweden and Denmark, which also seems to break the rule, would Rene be able to ride for us too (for example)

Can someone explain to me where I've got it all wrong, as I usually do

No (at least not at the current stadium).

Could it also mean that Newcastle Diamonds might be bought out? Either to fold the club or make us another Glasgow?

wonder if they'll make any changes to how the stadium looks. As long as it doesn't interfere with the speedway, I'm not fussed!

I'm not sure. Lambert and Worrall are a quality pair at times, so the pairs could be an option. Same with the fours, if they add Rose and Lindgren to the mix. Worrall would be a good shout to win the PLRC-- sorry, the CLRC. But the league or KO cup? No.

Yeah, but the league is the most important thing to go for (imo) and we'll never win that with this team, although, I'd happily be embarrassed by this comment in 5 months time...

Who am I kidding..... ALL of my comments are embarrassing xD

a naa,,, its not hard ;)
some-one on nearly a 7pt ave, and the other on nearly a 3,,,

Rene and a two pointer would fit that..... Although I like Ludvig more

if Newcastle are to ditch 'Lightning',,, best do it now before the new averages come out, he's shed over half a point :(

Ludvig was on an inflated average at the start of the season anyway, he won't be much better than a 7/7.5 rider anyway, but he's still one of the most entertaining to watch, and I hope he stays for years to come...

• Like 1

Lambert doesn't ride in the Ekstraliga.

Lindgren is a lot better rider than Rose, I think that's why people are saying things as they have the same average as Rose has been better than him at home for you's when Lindgren is renowned for his home form, but Lindgren has been better away and that completely evens it up

Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea