British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

I dunno, I just want my team to win is all, and I don't see us doing that with what we have now :P We all have our opinions, plus, I've always loved Rene, so any way I can fit him into my team, I would :)

I understand mate and i think with hindsight he may not of took on 2nd tier of British racing but he doesnt want to run before he can walk in poland and Sweden and two British leagues and hes financial safety net

http://www.speedway-spiller.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=23&Itemid=104

Mentioned this more than once before. 2 English 2.00 reserves who ride with/have ridden with Robert in Germany.

Could they be persuaded to do 4 home and 4 away in which I think they'd both average over 2.00 enabling the Diamonds to replace them with the likes of Liam Carr once they return to being German

No... I want Brady Kurtz to replace the very busy kid, Robert Lambert, no one wants him to go, but something has to change andit'd give us an extra point at reserve then...

Robert Lambert 8.70

Connor Coles 2.00

Out

Brady Kurtz 7.65 or Matej Kus 7.64

Liam Carr 3.00

In

Doesn't make our reserves mega strong but Liam is both more experienced (at this level and our track) and better than Connor (Who it's just too early for)

No one, including me, wants Robert out, but something has to be sacrificed in the 1-5..... And I think Brady would be just or nearly as good and Matej would do a job at keeping our 1-5 very strong still

I know I'm being controversial, and I will just leave my opinions here for people to judge :P It is a forum afterall

I question Roberts dedication to us still...

You want to replace the busy Robert Lambert ( who has no fixture clashes with kings lynn) with the even busier Brady Kurtz (who will no doubt have fixture clashes with Poole and Poland. Nice one.

http://www.speedway-spiller.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=23&Itemid=104

Mentioned this more than once before. 2 English 2.00 reserves who ride with/have ridden with Robert in Germany.

Could they be persuaded to do 4 home and 4 away in which I think they'd both average over 2.00 enabling the Diamonds to replace them with the likes of Liam Carr once they return to being German

Unfortunately if they are on German licenses they will probably come in on a 4.00 and/or ride in the National League to come in on a 2.0 (which Robert did for KL National League team.) Even tho he was riding in Germany he was living in England. I get the impression these guys live in Germany. There's a difference.

Edited by leander
  • Like 1

I understand mate and i think with hindsight he may not of took on 2nd tier of British racing but he doesnt want to run before he can walk in poland and Sweden and two British leagues and hes financial safety net

That's why I think we should give him his opportunity to move onwards and upwards for his and the team's sake... Plus now I've realized Rene could fit in, I want that to happen xD

I've always wanted to see the Spillers race in this country, more than just a short while at Eastbourne, but I don't think they'd be much better than what we have now (for now, think they will both be awesome in a few years time, as will Connor, I'm sure)

You want to replace the busy Robert Lambert ( who has no fixture clashes with kings lynn) with the even busier Brady Kurtz (who will no doubt have fixture clashes with Poole and Poland. Nice one.

Unfortunately if they are on German licenses they will probably come in on a 4.00 and/or ride in the National League to come in on a 2.0 (which Robert did for KL National League team.) Even tho he was riding in Germany he was living in England. I get the impression these guys live in Germany. There's a difference.

Well... I'd prefer to replace him with Rene, but you're right, I didn't realize how many leagues Brady raced in too, I thought it was just Poole and Sweden... how would he have clashes with Poole though? They're a Wednesday night track and no other team in the PL rides on a Sunday and no CL team rides on a Wednesday... So that doesn't really mean we'll miss him for Poole

It really wasn't that decent of an effort, he bet Bacon, Payne, Etheridge and Bridger when he retired and gave up when at the back

I wouldn't mind 6 points from a reserve...

• Like 1

So is nobody questioning Ludvig in this scenario? We already have a competative heat leader trio home and away, Lewis rose has surpassed Ludvig this season.................. why wreck a dominant top two or a heat leader (who has never rode anywhere but reserve) who is outscoring home and away....

Do the new averages come out today?

Sort of. Not for Steve or Robert as they've only had three away meetings (or Ben). New averages for the others effective from next weekend. Not sure if it's Sunday or Monday. Make no difference tho. The other three have all increased there averages so we are now nearer 41.00, and after Scunthorpe away it'll be even higher, the only change (possibly) being Steve switching places with Robert.

Sort of. Not for Steve or Robert as they've only had three away meetings (or Ben). New averages for the others effective from next weekend. Not sure if it's Sunday or Monday. Make no difference tho. The other three have all increased there averages so we are now nearer 41.00, and after Scunthorpe away it'll be even higher, the only change (possibly) being Steve switching places with Robert.

Ahhh :) Thanks for the information, I was kinda hoping that maybe Rose, Lindgren's and Morris' average would drop .5 or a full point between them, and then maybe we'd have a little more to play with at reserve before Steve's and Robert's new averages came out (Which both will presumably rise), if that would play by the rules, but since you said they've all risen :(

Ahhh :) Thanks for the information, I was kinda hoping that maybe Rose, Lindgren's and Morris' average would drop .5 or a full point between them, and then maybe we'd have a little more to play with at reserve before Steve's and Robert's new averages came out (Which both will presumably rise), if that would play by the rules, but since you said they've all risen :(

Have a look on BSPA website under "championship" then "Averages" this link may work

http://speedwaygb.co/championshipstatistics17

this gives you ongoing averages, so you can see who is up and down - however as it states those are not the definitive green sheets

Have a look on BSPA website under "championship" then "Averages" this link may work

this gives you ongoing averages, so you can see who is up and down - however as it states those are not the definitive green sheets

Your top 5 are currently averaging nearly 38.00.

• Like 1

So is nobody questioning Ludvig in this scenario? We already have a competative heat leader trio home and away, Lewis rose has surpassed Ludvig this season.................. why wreck a dominant top two or a heat leader (who has never rode anywhere but reserve) who is outscoring home and away....

I have only just seen this post

I doubt Ludvig will go, more so than any of the other 6, he's basically part of the club now, team captain, been around for years now and I think George is a big fan of our adopted Geordie and so am I, probably our best number 4 since Rene in 2010... I'd like to keep Lewis and Ludvig as a partnership too, they're awesome together, although I do agree, Rose at 3 and Ludvig at 4 is better than the other way around, makes Heat 14 strongish too...

I still think we're too top heavy...

Your top 5 are currently averaging nearly 38.00.

Just a shame our reserves are averaging 1 a meeting :( (Bit harsh, but can't be too far from the truth...)

Ahh yes, I have seen this page before, but I generally just wait until the new greensheet averages thing comes out, but thanks for the link :)

We might as well say that we have 2 number 1s, 2 heat leaders, 2 reserves and a dead weight, just looking at the averages there...

Interesting to see that Ludvig and Lewis have exactly the same amount of rides and points but people are talking about getting shot of Ludvig but not Lewis, not that I'd want either of them to go...

The post about Rene joining Glasgow better not be true... :(

I doubt Ludvig will go, more so than any of the other 6, he's basically part of the club now, team captain, been around for years now and I think George is a big fan of our adopted Geordie and so am I, probably our best number 4 since Rene in 2010... I'd like to keep Lewis and Ludvig as a partnership too, they're awesome together, although I do agree, Rose at 3 and Ludvig at 4 is better than the other way around, makes Heat 14 strongish too...

Give it a rest...

Just a shame our reserves are averaging 1 a meeting :( (Bit harsh, but can't be too far from the truth...)

Ahh yes, I have seen this page before, but I generally just wait until the new greensheet averages thing comes out, but thanks for the link :)We might as well say that we have 2 number 1s, 2 heat leaders, 2 reserves and a dead weight, just looking at the averages there...

Interesting to see that Ludvig and Lewis have exactly the same amount of rides and points but people are talking about getting shot of Ludvig but not Lewis, not that I'd want either of them to go...

Give it a rest...

Ahh yes, I have seen this page before, but I generally just wait until the new greensheet averages thing comes out, but thanks for the link :)We might as well say that we have 2 number 1s, 2 heat leaders, 2 reserves and a dead weight, just looking at the averages there...

Ahh yes, I have seen this page before, but I generally just wait until the new greensheet averages thing comes out, but thanks for the link :)

We might as well say that we have 2 number 1s, 2 heat leaders, 2 reserves and a dead weight, just looking at the averages there...

Why would Rene be re-joining Glasgow ? He could only replace one of our heat leaders and that is highly unlikely

Give it a rest...

Give it a rest...

I can say what I like as many times as I want :) Afterall, it is a public forum ;)

Why would Rene be re-joining Glasgow ? He could only replace one of our heat leaders and that is highly unlikely

Yeah... I just, foolishly, believed a post on here... So that was dumb of me