British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Well, the best of luck to him. But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 limit or with the points limit generally - I think we're at the bottom limit of professional racing now.

The very best of luck to him.

But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 minimum or with the points limit generally - I think we're now at the floor of what is an acceptable level for professional racing

• Like 2

Not sure of the dates or the performance but he did guest last year, and whilst he guested the year previous he got his footpeg caught under the kickboard coming off the second bend and retired injured from the meeting. He's a gutsy rider and, as you correctly imply, we have a habit of turning someones fortunes around like Pepe, Lemon, Lindgren, Schramm, Mills, Tero and Morris(lot more to come from Ash IMO).

Let's get behind the lad, who will give his best and not let us down. He has a chance of a long term signing with us just for a change, and i know he will be on top equipment like normal.

Interested as to what nickname Roy has got for him. Any suggestions ?

It'll just be another name for me to shout! Hoping the lad does well! :) Edited by DiamondGlory
  • Like 1

Well, the best of luck to him. But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 limit or with the points limit generally - I think we're at the bottom limit of professional racing now. The very best of luck to him.

But I'm not enthused with the 2.00 minimum or with the points limit generally - I think we're now at the floor of what is an acceptable level for professional racing

hmmm,,,

Not sure of the dates or the performance but he did guest last year, and whilst he guested the year previous he got his footpeg caught under the kickboard coming off the second bend and retired injured from the meeting. He's a gutsy rider and, as you correctly imply, we have a habit of turning someones fortunes around like Pepe, Lemon, Lindgren, Schramm, Mills, Tero and Morris(lot more to come from Ash IMO).

Let's get behind the lad, who will give his best and not let us down. He has a chance of a long term signing with us just for a change, and i know he will be on top equipment like normal.

Interested as to what nickname Roy has got for him. Any suggestions ?

Good to hear that he's a gutsy rider, I like riders who give 110% all the way through the race, like Schramm did, or Wilkinson and Morris do now, I hope he gets of to a good start

The bald bandit would be a good nickname :)

Does anyone have any idea which number he'll get? Will he go to 6 and Connor to 7, or will he just take Danny's place at 7? Hope to see Connor at 7 tbh... Gives him more chance of points

Ah, scratch that, I've got his nickname..... BigBen ;) Knowing Roy's originality... That's probably what it'll be

Good to hear that he's a gutsy rider, I like riders who give 110% all the way through the race, like Schramm did, or Wilkinson and Morris do now, I hope he gets of to a good start

The bald bandit would be a good nickname :)

Does anyone have any idea which number he'll get? Will he go to 6 and Connor to 7, or will he just take Danny's place at 7? Hope to see Connor at 7 tbh... Gives him more chance of points

With both reserves on 2's we can use them in either combination. Sometime riding them in different combination home and away gives you some opportunities.

I wish they'd do the old EL format, with two reserves races, and when the reserves are against the main body, it's just second strings, if they keep going with the weak reserves, they should do this anyway

Do you disagree that the standard this year is markedly lower than in previous seasons?

Heat 2 is in danger of becoming an embarrassment - in my opinion.

It is certainly an embarrassment when you have two 2pt riders and they really are 2pt riders!!

Do you disagree that the standard this year is markedly lower than in previous seasons?

I disagree ,you have to give young riders a chance not many riders become superstars overnight,better than some 2nd rate foreigners we have seen ,at least the youngsters are putting abit of effort into it.Averages have a lot to account for IMO .
  • Like 3

It hasn't exactly been the best draw for reserves for this season. It always seems like they're put against riders who just annihilate them on any given day. Doesn't help for the confidence, and every team seems to have a reserve who struggles. I won't say does bad, because to give credit where credits due, Phillips and Coles both try their hardest. Sometimes I just think the issue with Connor is he tries a bit too hard going into the bend and slips off. All we can do is just hope for improvement in all the reserves.

With both reserves on 2's we can use them in either combination. Sometime riding them in different combination home and away gives you some opportunities.

Can we? I thought if you had two riders on same average you had to nominate order until greensheets dictate otherwise. You can use a suitable (averagewise) championship guest for a number 6 but only a NL guest for a no.7, unless that's changed from last year. Your no. 7 has to be lowest average rider as Heat 4 is still a protected race for your no 7.

I'd personally have Connor at 7 and Ben at 6, Connor needs them races against the other team's number 7 to boost his confidence and he's more likely to beat him than the other riders our number 6 would be against

Let's not forget that Ben Hopwood rode for Poole a few seasons ago!! And he seems to have started very well in the NL this season, he's been around the sport for a few years now so hopefully he can kick on in the CL and give Connor a few tips too!!

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

That is a great shame, I remember hearing not long before he got injured of rumors that he was going to return to Newcastle

Good luck with the rest of your life Kenni, maybe you will be back later on down the line :t:

• Like 1

That is a great shame, I remember hearing not long before he got injured of rumors that he was going to return to Newcastle

Good luck with the rest of your life Kenni, maybe you will be back later on down the line :t:

Got to especially thank him for our 2010 season. That was one of our best seasons in recent times. We won the KO Cup, PL Playoffs, and Premier Trophy. Kenni also won the PLRC and broke the Track Record at Brough. Maybe 2017 could be similar, if only we could get better at Away fixtures.

He was and always will be by far one of my favourite Newcastle riders. Sad to hear he's packed it in, hopefully he finds success in the rest of his life!

• Like 3