British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Great to see that one of the British Semi Finals will be held at Brough Park. The date is still to be confirmed (The final is at Belle Vue on 19th June).

Will this fixture be covered by season tickets?

I would say no as it would be a BSPA hosted event and additional to the team meetings.

Thanks for your response Dave, that was my thinking as well just thought I'd ask and not take it either way for granted! :)

• Like 1

Out of interest, did anyone attend the Tatum and Pearson event last night, if so was it any good?

Yes, I did along with a packed concert room. It was a good night, with T and P giving us an insight into what goes on before and during a broadcast, an interview with Ludde who spoke very well, a guest commentator(Roy) talking over a GP heat when Nils pushed Nicki out, and a list of personal stories in Tatum's riding career including his reflections on the former Berwick promotion at Berrington Lough and his experiences riding with Kenny Carter.

Nice to see a lot of regular and new faces in attendance.

Had a footie card for a replica 1998 race bib with Nicki Pedersen and number three on the back, as well as a big poster signed by Nicki himself. Drat, I didn't win it. :mad: Didn't win the raffle either.

Apart from that it was a good speedway night.

Edited by Tsunami

Yes, I did along with a packed concert room. It was a good night, with T and P giving us an insight into what goes on before and during a broadcast, an interview with Ludde who spoke very well, a guest commentator(Roy) talking over a GP heat when Nils pushed Nicki out, and a list of personal stories in Tatum's riding career including his reflections on the former Berwick promotion at Berrington Lough and his experiences riding with Kenny Carter.

Nice to see a lot of regular and new faces in attendance.

Had a footie card for a replica 1998 race bib with Nicki Pedersen and number three on the back, as well as a big poster signed by Nicki himself. Drat, I didn't win it. :mad: Didn't win the raffle either.

Apart from that it was a good speedway night.

Glad to hear you had a good night and sounds like an interesting night. Pity about the raffle. :D

• Like 1

so rumours in the greyhound industry that sis have bought Sunderland and Newcastle greyhound tracks of hills ,wonder if it will effect the speedway

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/newcastle-sunderland-greyhound-stadia-set-12621406#ICID=FB-Chron-main

Hope they are better landlords that the present ones.

Edited by Tsunami

I think SiS is part owned by William Hill (and Labrokes, among others), so don't what difference it will make.

Edited for the Wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Information_Services

Edited by Steve Park

I think SiS is part owned by William Hill (and Labrokes, among others), so don't what difference it will make.

Edited for the Wiki link:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satellite_Information_Services

So no change in the stadium personnel. DAMN.

So season 2017 is fast approaching. This season will be, I think, George Englishes 20th unbroken season in charge of the Diamonds. It would be great to win some trophies to mark George's 20 yrs.

The team: -

Steve Worrall

Robert Lambert

Ludvig Lindgren

Lewis Rose

Ashley Morris

Danny Philips

Connor Coles

how do you see the team lining up. Fitting Lewis and Ashley in the best places is the key but which lad is the best. The better of them should go in as number 4 with the other at number 2.

We look to be weak at reserve. Danny Philips has struggled but with a shot of self belief he could do better than he did in 2016.

Don't know anything about Connor Coles apart from his dad and grandad being riders themselves well they must know that Brough Park is a difficult track due to the tight turns so why did he sign? He must be confident he can learn the track. Connor should be told that Brough Park spawns world champions Ivan Mauger, Ole Olsen, Anders Michanek and Nicki Pedersen so dig deep Connor you could be our 5th world champ!!

Now to my favourite, Ludvig Lindgren. Each time Ludde comes to the tapes I hope he gets away in front but when he misses the start he shows his skill at winding in the guy in front and passing him usually around the boards. Keep this up Ludde you are worth my money through the turnstiles on your own

• Like 1

So season 2017 is fast approaching. This season will be, I think, George Englishes 20th unbroken season in charge of the Diamonds. It would be great to win some trophies to mark George's 20 yrs.

Steve Worrall

Robert Lambert

Ludvig Lindgren

Lewis Rose

Ashley Morris

Danny Philips

Connor Coles

how do you see the team lining up. Fitting Lewis and Ashley in the best places is the key but which lad is the best. The better of them should go in as number 4 with the other at number 2.

We look to be weak at reserve. Danny Philips has struggled but with a shot of self belief he could do better than he did in 2016.

Don't know anything about Connor Coles apart from his dad and grandad being riders themselves well they must know that Brough Park is a difficult track due to the tight turns so why did he sign? He must be confident he can learn the track. Connor should be told that Brough Park spawns world champions Ivan Mauger, Ole Olsen, Anders Michanek and Nicki Pedersen so dig deep Connor you could be our 5th world champ!!

Now to my favourite, Ludvig Lindgren. Each time Ludde comes to the tapes I hope he gets away in front but when he misses the start he shows his skill at winding in the guy in front and passing him usually around the boards. Keep this up Ludde you are worth my money through the turnstiles on your own

Surely George's already has 20 years in and next year is his 21st. Key to the door this year.

• Like 2

Steve Worrall

Robert Lambert

Ludvig Lindgren

Lewis Rose

Ashley Morris

Danny Philips

Connor Coles

Think Mr Lambert might be hoping to beat him to it - number six maybe!

Surely George's already has 20 years in and next year is his 21st. Key to the door this year.

Yes Tsunami 2017 will be the key to the door for George, my adding up was a year out. Numbers are not my strong point which must be why I cannot get 6 numbers right on the Lotto :cry:

21 yrs is a long time for a promoter to be in charge of our team. Previous Successful promoters were Johnnie Hoskins (1940s), Mike Parker (1960s) and Ian Thomas (mid 1970s-1984). All 3 walked away from us, but not George. A round of applause for Mr English, he deserves it :t:

Errr is this good enough to get me free admission George!

Edited by dantodan
  • Like 2

21 yrs is a long time for a promoter to be in charge of our team. Previous Successful promoters were Johnnie Hoskins (1940s), Mike Parker (1960s) and Ian Thomas (mid 1970s-1984). All 3 walked away from us, but not George. A round of applause for Mr English, he deserves it :t:

It's always good to see someone else saying what you've been saying for years......if those listed were successful, the rest, by default were failures.....the truth always outs. :t:

I see Danny Phillips has been named the Young King's Lynn Stars skipper for the coming season. Let's hope the extra responsibility at Lynn will help him in the Championship at Newcastle.

I know he also attended the recent training session at IOW with all the youth Team Gb riders (Kyle Bickley, G Flint etc) led by S Worrall, hopefully all this extra work will pay off for the lad. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1