British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

And they are all British,,, 🤡

It is the showpiece event for British Speedway in the calander year and is treated as such with supporters in vast numbers from all over. To say a run of the mill league match shoud be more important is just crazy.

Putting Championship and Premiership on different race nights would solve the majority of missing doubling up riders overnight.

If the fixtures are required to be out much earlier than they are now then they need to start doing them earlier and if that means an earlier AGM then why not.

They talk about every year and every year it stays the same.

It probably would, because some tracks would close. Unless you own the track you race when the landlord tells you, being a Panthers fan you should know this more than anyone.

• Like 1

Putting Championship and Premiership on different race nights would solve the majority of missing doubling up riders overnight.

If the fixtures are required to be out much earlier than they are now then they need to start doing them earlier and if that means an earlier AGM then why not.

Scrapping the farcical " doubling-up "would also solve the problem overnight and also bring back some credibility to the sport.
  • Like 6

It probably would, because some tracks would close. Unless you own the track you race when the landlord tells you, being a Panthers fan you should know this more than anyone.

Not necessarily the case, we race on what night we like providing the stadium is free, to be fair we have tried most nights over the last few years.

If tracks are restricted to one set night then they race in that particular league, I doubt it would affect that many teams to be honest.

i can agree with that. Did they not have an earlier AGM the year before last, and the early fixture list was the reason.

This year, there has been so much going on with the 3 Premiership doubts, so that fixture list could only have been provision at best.

• Like 1

Not necessarily the case, we race on what night we like providing the stadium is free, to be fair we have tried most nights over the last few years.

If tracks are restricted to one set night then they race in that particular league, I doubt it would affect that many teams to be honest.

And on occasions the E of E Showground tells you are not racing on the night you like.

Just a few weeks now to season 2017. If you are interested in Newcastle's Speedways History then check out http://www.newcastlespeedwayhistory.co.uk

and while away the next few weeks reading about the Diamonds from 1929 to last year.

We have Robert Lambert and Steve Worrall for 2017 as our spearhead, they must be the envy of most of the teams in the championship but our title aspirations rest with Lewis Rose, Ashley Morris and reserves Danny and Connor. Good luck to Newcastles second strings, you will be responsible for winning most matches

And the answer/alternative is?

well its a weakening of 2nd tier and the need for some riders therin to have other incomes

both of which are too much for some to swallow

numbers 1 and 2 at 2nd tier level could be back ups for top tier but thats it for me - max of say 6 appearances

for me I'd stomach it to achieve credibility

Edited by ch958

And the answer/alternative is?

There are still riders out there without a team this season, Matthew Wethers and Theo Pijper to name two. There are bound to be more. I'm all for giving young British riders the chance to ride as many meetings as possible to further their careers but there has to be some sort of limit or there will be the same situation with r/r and guests every year due to commitment clashes.

I'd presume the week before the Berwick matches so Sunday 19th March for Practice and 20th March for P&P.

Yes, and it has been previously announced.