British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

As I'm being lazy and can't be arsed to trawl through the BSPA fixtures. Anyone know when the Diamonds fixtures will appear on our website??

They are appearing (rather slowly!) on there now. Although why it has "Border Trophy" next to the Scunthorpe away fixture on Bank Holiday Monday 29th May, is a bit of a mystery!! :P

Must admit I have concerns about holding a meeting on the 23rd July, the day after the Cardiff GP. Most people I know, especially track staff, will still be on their way home whilst the meeting is supposed to be running.

Well all concerned will not have to get as drunk and get themselves back earlier LOL I for one am glad it looks like we're riding that Sunday!!

Especially when we don't have a fixture planned for 16th July (only meeting that day is Glasgow vs Berwick). Added to that, the 23rd is also the World U21 Final Round 1 at Swindon.

Wouldn't surprise me to find 16th July is the date they are thinking about for the 4s - but if it is going to be a weekend event then there are two matches on the Saturday plus some Premiership (including Kings Lynn !!!)

This week's Star has George saying that we will "NOT be at home to Workington on the 23rd, with the week before (16th) being the likely date."

It also says, "expect more changes to the fixture list, once clubs have liaised with each other."

This week's Star has George saying that we will "NOT be at home to Workington on the 23rd, with the week before (16th) being the likely date."

It also says, "expect more changes to the fixture list, once clubs have liaised with each other."

so does that mean, we could be away, or is it speedways own bank holiday ? ;)

So once again communications between all participants before the fixtures were to be released seem to of been none existent?

This happens every year and it never seems to be rectified for the following season, PERTHETTIC!

Please note this is directed at the sport as a whole not just us.

So once again communications between all participants before the fixtures were to be released seem to of been none existent?

This happens every year and it never seems to be rectified for the following season, PERTHETTIC!

Please note this is directed at the sport as a whole not just us.

It's 'pathetic' actually.

As George implies there is no real chance of running on the Sunday after the GP. Two of the air fence team, including me, are on flights back at 8.00pm, so there would be no chance of the air fence being available. There has to be a provision in the fixtures for all teams, but that is still dependant on the weather, in particular rainoffs. Nothing can be done about that, and fixtures have to change. The situation regarding Coventry and Leicester, in respect of DU's, will also affect the ability of teams to complete fixtures as per published. If you know of a magic formula to get around these problems, and still publish a fixtures list for all leagues in say January, I am sure the BSPA would love to hear from you Mike. It is as it is.

Edited by Tsunami

As George implies there is no real chance of running on the Sunday after the GP. Two of the air fence team, including me, are on flights back at 8.00pm, so there would be no chance of the air fence being available. There has to be a provision in the fixtures for all teams, but that is still dependant on the weather, in particular rainoffs. Nothing can be done about tha, and fixtures have to change. The situation regarding Coventry and Leicester, in respect of DU's, will also affect the ability of teams to complete fixtures as per published. If you know of a magic formula to get around these problems, and still publish a fixtures list for all leagues in say January, I am sure the BSPA would love to hear from you Mike. It is as it is.

Ok apologies for my spelling mistake but how about yours it's that not "tha" :t: As for Cardiff I'd Bin it just like all the others pairs, fours etc, I am only interested in us no other action matters to me one club supporter that's me :o:)

Ok apologies for my spelling mistake but how about yours it's that not "tha" :t: As for Cardiff I'd Bin it just like all the others pairs, fours etc, I am only interested in us no other action matters to me one club supporter that's me :o:)

"Binning" the biggest meeting in the country in favour of a run of the mill league match. I can see the logic.

"Binning" the biggest meeting in the country in favour of a run of the mill league match. I can see the logic.

IMO quite simple all meetings like this are a drain on resources, money, dates which domestic clubs lose out on and for what? domestic should for me be given priority over once a season screw balls!

Ok apologies for my spelling mistake but how about yours it's that not "tha" :t:As for Cardiff I'd Bin it just like all the others pairs, fours etc, I am only interested in us no other action matters to me one club supporter that's me :o:)

Around 40,000 fans would disagree with you.

Around 40,000 fans would disagree with you.

And everybody has the same choice to go or not go , but I will say for those that dismiss it and never been you will be missing a great day out with an electric atmosphere both in and out of the stadium , the town centre is alive and absolutely buzzing with speedway fans from all over as well as trade stands and other things to keep people amused added to a very well organised park and ride system which you are guided to via the M4 motorway towards Cardiff. It's a great day out.

• Like 3

just relax that day,,, or remember the Crusaders attack on Damascus ;)

Thanks for the advise ruffdiamond I may do that or even go back in time and watch a diamonds match from better days :cheers:

As George implies there is no real chance of running on the Sunday after the GP. Two of the air fence team, including me, are on flights back at 8.00pm, so there would be no chance of the air fence being available. There has to be a provision in the fixtures for all teams, but that is still dependant on the weather, in particular rainoffs. Nothing can be done about that, and fixtures have to change. The situation regarding Coventry and Leicester, in respect of DU's, will also affect the ability of teams to complete fixtures as per published. If you know of a magic formula to get around these problems, and still publish a fixtures list for all leagues in say January, I am sure the BSPA would love to hear from you Mike. It is as it is.

Putting Championship and Premiership on different race nights would solve the majority of missing doubling up riders overnight.

If the fixtures are required to be out much earlier than they are now then they need to start doing them earlier and if that means an earlier AGM then why not.

They talk about every year and every year it stays the same.

• Like 1