British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

More confident about getting Lambert and Worrall back now with a few teams naming riders over the past week

Why does that make you more confident? Just because they've not signed for anyone else, don't mean they signed for us :P

Why does that make you more confident? Just because they've not signed for anyone else, don't mean they signed for us :P

Quite agree, but as other teams sign big riders that means less alternative teams for them to sign for. Given that Robert particularly asked to come to us as it matched his EL commitment to Kings Lynn, and Steve and his wife's family seem to love to come to Brough, I would be quite confident we must be in their frame.

Let's hope Monday is Black and White Monday, when we hear some of the signings at the George Talkin at the South Gosforth Club.

Quite agree, but as other teams sign big riders that means less alternative teams for them to sign for. Given that Robert particularly asked to come to us as it matched his EL commitment to Kings Lynn, and Steve and his wife's family seem to love to come to Brough, I would be quite confident we must be in their frame.

Let's hope Monday is Black and White Monday, when we hear some of the signings at the George Talkin at the South Gosforth Club.

Will we have a Cardiff Grand Prix style unveiling where they come out in black cloaks and reveal who they are one by one!!! :o:o:P:P

• Like 1

How can you say that without knowing one single signing for the Diamonds so far?

cos I don't think we will get the 'star' reserves likely bewley....... we didn't do very well with our 7 this year ......... that's all im saying ........ personally I thought the promoters assembled a cracking team this year ..... but with just 40 its gonna be a darn side harder ..... imho

I understand that but I also question, with Robert particularly, will they want to ride in the PL or abroad? Maybe they'll only do EL in this country next year (Again, this is more directed towards Robert) Robert asked to come to us last year did he? :o I would love to see Steve back, and I am fairly confident he will be back, but not so much Lambert, just my opinion :)

Is that next Monday? The 28th? What time does it start/end?

cos I don't think we will get the 'star' reserves likely bewley....... we didn't do very well with our 7 this year ......... that's all im saying ........ personally I thought the promoters assembled a cracking team this year ..... but with just 40 its gonna be a darn side harder ..... imho

You don't know who George is talking to, maybe he has been talking to Bewley and the likes, obviously if Glasgow really wanted him and no other promoters were talking to him, they'd have probably announced him by now, maybe George is holding them up :P

1. Jason Garrity 8.55 (This will go down well with the people who like Garrity and not well with the people who hate him, but there's no denying, he has talent and entertainment, he wouldn't be at number 1 for too long imo, so he'd make a perfect 2nd or 3rd heatleader, doesn't look like he'll be joining Sheffield of Berwick and can't see where else he'd be, I've always liked Garrity and he's another Brit :))

2. Ashley Morris 4.98 (Great tryer and never let us down once last season)

3. Lewis Rose 6.12 (This is one of Lewis' big step up years this year I think, he could be a 7 point rider come the end of the season)

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.69 (Great captain, good at the number 4 spot)

5. Steve Worrall 8.47 (Would think he'd go to number 1 eventually but a solid team leader and he'd go in the 9s eventually imo)

6. 2.19 (So a pick from a few riders from the NL who come in on a 2, whoever it may be)

7. Danny Phillips 2.00 (All the previously made points in this thread, pros and cons)

How about this team, with Kenneth Bjerre instead of Garrity? Can someone tell me why that won't be right? :)

And if Rose don't want to ride for us, Paul Starke or Kyle Newman instead

I understand that but I also question, with Robert particularly, will they want to ride in the PL or abroad? Maybe they'll only do EL in this country next year (Again, this is more directed towards Robert) Robert asked to come to us last year did he? :o I would love to see Steve back, and I am fairly confident he will be back, but not so much Lambert, just my opinion :)

Is that next Monday? The 28th? What time does it start/end?

Yes he did. After 4 times asking him to come to Newcastle, Robert remembered and rang Alan Hedley saying something like 'do you still want me'.

Yes and it starts at 7.30pm. The Club is right next to the Metro station.

Edited by Tsunami

Yes he did. after 4 times asking him to come to Newcastle, Robert remember and rang Alan Hedley saying something like 'do you still want me'.

Yes and it starts at 7.30pm. The Club is right next to the Metro station.

Oh that's cool that, I thought the promotion would have had to fought hard to get Robert in :P

Ahh, I can't go anyway, I'm in Finland next week, but I was just curious when on that night the news might come out if any riders were to be announced

Not sure it would fit but how about -

Lambert

Worral S

Lindgren

Rose

Morris

A.N Other

S.O Else

might leave us weak at the bottom end but with the new 2 point rule most teams will have at least 1 weak reserve

Would be 2 2.00 riders at 6 and 7 and that would fit

what if he is an asset of a NL team ???

According, I think, to Kevin Jolly of Mildenhall in last weeks Star NL clubs aren't allowed to have assets. That's why he was so peeved when Bewley rode against Mildenhall for Belle Vue when Edinburgh had a home match especially since he did them a favour by going there on that particular day and had to use a guest as his No.1was on holiday.

According, I think, to Kevin Jolly of Mildenhall in last weeks Star NL clubs aren't allowed to have assets. That's why he was so peeved when Bewley rode against Mildenhall for Belle Vue when Edinburgh had a home match especially since he did them a favour by going there on that particular day and had to use a guest as his No.1was on holiday.

a guest for a rider 'on holiday' ??? ;)

I understand that but I also question, with Robert particularly, will they want to ride in the PL or abroad? Maybe they'll only do EL in this country next year

Might I gently remind you the Elite League is no more thank goodness. Actually - the Premier League doesn't exist any longer either.

It would be very difficult for me to think of a bigger misnomer than 'Elite' all things considered.

Edited by The White Knight

Might I gently remind you the Elite League is no more thank goodness. Actually - the Premier League doesn't exist any longer either.

It would be very difficult for me to think of a bigger misnomer than 'Elite' all things considered.

Pedantic :P Sorry, it's easy to forget, especially when I've been calling it EL and PL for a few years, but I'm sure you knew what I meant :)

• Like 1

a guest for a rider 'on holiday' ??? ;)

In the NL yes. Mildenhall were fined for cancelling a meeting against Cradley when they discovered that Cradley were using a guest (who had scored 13points ish two weeks previous) for a rider who said he didn't have a Bike!!! Anything goes in the NL apparently!!

• Like 1

This is my opinion its going to be Worrall,lambert,r wells,rose,morris,philips and another if am wrong you can shoot me after mon.

Ave had good info on that cant reveal my source.

lindgren going to Edinburgh and they have s////t on mr kus so that's my info but as ave said if am wrong bring a gun on Monday and I will get up and

you can shoot me