British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Who says he'll be riding for Mildenhall next year? He comes from King's Lynn doesn't he? Connor that is, I'm glad he enjoyed his visit though and I hope whichever team he joins, I get to watch him at Brough next year at least once :t:Don't Mildenhall mainly run on Sunday's too? Or am I again getting things wrong in my head? :P

...and there's the rub.

...and there's the rub.

Who says he'll be riding for Mildenhall next year? He comes from King's Lynn doesn't he? Connor that is, I'm glad he enjoyed his visit though and I hope whichever team he joins, I get to watch him at Brough next year at least once :t: Don't Mildenhall mainly run on Sunday's too? Or am I again getting things wrong in my head? :P

1. Jason Garrity 8.55 (This will go down well with the people who like Garrity and not well with the people who hate him, but there's no denying, he has talent and entertainment, he wouldn't be at number 1 for too long imo, so he'd make a perfect 2nd or 3rd heatleader, doesn't look like he'll be joining Sheffield of Berwick and can't see where else he'd be, I've always liked Garrity and he's another Brit :))

2. Ashley Morris 4.98 (Great tryer and never let us down once last season)

3. Lewis Rose 6.12 (This is one of Lewis' big step up years this year I think, he could be a 7 point rider come the end of the season)

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.69 (Great captain, good at the number 4 spot)

5. Steve Worrall 8.47 (Would think he'd go to number 1 eventually but a solid team leader and he'd go in the 9s eventually imo)

6. 2.19 (So a pick from a few riders from the NL who come in on a 2, whoever it may be)

7. Danny Phillips 2.00 (All the previously made points in this thread, pros and cons)

6 Brits 1 Swede

If Lewis Rose doesn't want to ride for us next year, replace him with Newman or Aarnio in the team above and I'd be happy :t:

Is Garrity a good enough new face?

Edited by Dandelion

1. Jason Garrity 8.55 (This will go down well with the people who like Garrity and not well with the people who hate him, but there's no denying, he has talent and entertainment, he wouldn't be at number 1 for too long imo, so he'd make a perfect 2nd or 3rd heatleader, doesn't look like he'll be joining Sheffield of Berwick and can't see where else he'd be, I've always liked Garrity and he's another Brit :))

3. Lewis Rose 6.12 (This is one of Lewis' big step up years this year I think, he could be a 7 point rider come the end of the season)

5. Steve Worrall 8.47 (Would think he'd go to number 1 eventually but a solid team leader and he'd go in the 9s eventually imo)

6. 2.19 (So a pick from a few riders from the NL who come in on a 2, whoever it may be)

7. Danny Phillips 2.00 (All the previously made points in this thread, pros and cons)

6 Brits 1 Swede

If Lewis Rose doesn't want to ride for us next year, replace him with Newman or Aarnio in the team above and I'd be happy :t:

Garrity is good but comes with lots of baggage according to most. Not sure what that baggage is???? Answers anyone

Garrity is good but comes with lots of baggage according to most. Not sure what that baggage is???? Answers anyone

Never heard of any 'baggage' just know that he's one of the most entertaining riders I have ever watched, and he'd bring in people through the turnstiles, regardless of how successful the year is really going, I know he has argued with promoters and stuff, but I dunno much else

Never heard of any 'baggage' just know that he's one of the most entertaining riders I have ever watched, and he'd bring in people through the turnstiles, regardless of how successful the year is really going, I know he has argued with promoters and stuff, but I dunno much else

Snap, I think he is top drawer and very entertaining and would be a great addition, just going off what I have read on other threads.

Big question is would he be able to patch things up with Phil the Start Marshall!!

Snap, I think he is top drawer and very entertaining and would be a great addition, just going off what I have read on other threads.

Big question is would he be able to patch things up with Phil the Start Marshall!!

I think he's good mates with Steve too :)

I'd hope he could XD If Garrity went around only riding for teams he was friends with everyone there, he'd ride for no one :P Maybe that's the baggage people talk about?

Jason "Grumpy" Garrity could be his nickname

6 Brits 1 Swede

If Phillips is in the team we must have a strong reserve alongside him otherwise we will be battered at reserve home and away. Would need to build a team with lower averaged riders at the top to ensure someone like Morris was at 6.

Give me Lambert anyday over Garrity.

Quote me if I'm wrong, but I am fairly sure that Lambert won't ride at Newcastle next year and Garrity is the next best option now Richie has been taken for a big rider at the top of the team.

If Phillips is in the team we must have a strong reserve alongside him otherwise we will be battered at reserve home and away. Would need to build a team with lower averaged riders at the top to ensure someone like Morris was at 6.

In some ways I agree with you, in some ways I don't, I want to see every team using young British reserves, not 1 British reserve and a 4 point foreigner/5 point Brit, it'd be a bit hypocritical if I argued that and then put a large averaged rider at reserve myself.

Edited by Dandelion

If Lambert is free it is a no brainier for me.Why keep morris at reserve keep him in the main team and his average will be the same and use him near the end of season at reserve when it is at the business end of the season.Glasgow have gone top heavy but will make points up in the latter heats as a reserve in this watered down league will be well outclassed by the 3 big hitters.

• Like 1

If Lambert is free it is a no brainier for me.Why keep morris at reserve keep him in the main team and his average will be the same and use him near the end of season at reserve when it is at the business end of the season.Glasgow have gone top heavy but will make points up in the latter heats as a reserve in this watered down league will be well outclassed by the 3 big hitters.

If you have two poor reserves they won't score enough to get into the top 5. We won't win anything with Phillips and a 2 pointer at reserve unless we can find a 2 pointer who can put 3-4 points on his average. At the end of the day the reserves take nearly a third of the rides so can't be covered by the top 5.

Glasgow had two more than capable reserves last year in Garcia and Ayres. Both were in a different league to Phillips.

Love Jason Garrity gets you on he edge of your seat. Speedway needs more Jason Garritys. What sort of average would Dak North be on if was to return to these shores?

His average in the EL in 2015 was 5.91. So multiplied by 1.4 he'd come in on 8.27 (I think!).