British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Rumour has it the championship fixtures will be announced tomorrow 24th January, hopefully the Newcastle website will show our fixtures soon after so we can make a few early arrangements to visit some away fixtures

Looks a tough start for the Diamonds in April with home matches against Sheffield and Ipswich and an away match against Glasgow, with Berwick, Redcar and Workington thrown in as well!!!

To be honest every match looks tough this year, but other teams will be thinking that aswell!

• Like 2

Must admit I have concerns about holding a meeting on the 23rd July, the day after the Cardiff GP. Most people I know, especially track staff, will still be on their way home whilst the meeting is supposed to be running.

• Like 1

Must admit I have concerns about holding a meeting on the 23rd July, the day after the Cardiff GP. Most people I know, especially track staff, will still be on their way home whilst the meeting is supposed to be running.

That seems a bit odd Dave.

Well all concerned will not have to get as drunk and get themselves back earlier LOL I for one am glad it looks like we're riding that Sunday!!

Well all concerned will not have to get as drunk and get themselves back earlier LOL I for one am glad it looks like we're riding that Sunday!!

there's a U21 meeting on that day also, dunno if that has any implications,,, but with more clubs riding on Sundays this season, maybe they need to get the fixtures in. A dunno if clubs have the right to use that Sunday as 'speedways bank holiday',,, but nevermind, it might rain ;)

Especially when we don't have a fixture planned for 16th July (only meeting that day is Glasgow vs Berwick). Added to that, the 23rd is also the World U21 Final Round 1 at Swindon.

Edited by Steve Park
  • Like 1

Especially when we don't have a fixture planned for 16th July (only meeting that day is Glasgow vs Berwick). Added to that, the 23rd is also the World U21 Final Round 1 at Swindon.

Wouldn't surprise me to find 16th July is the date they are thinking about for the 4s - but if it is going to be a weekend event then there are two matches on the Saturday plus some Premiership (including Kings Lynn !!!)

Wouldn't surprise me to find 16th July is the date they are thinking about for the 4s - but if it is going to be a weekend event then there are two matches on the Saturday plus some Premiership (including Kings Lynn !!!)

So why have they scheduled Glasgow vs Berwick (and no one else)? Unless Glasgow and Berwick aren't going to be in the Fours (8 teams left), but I doubt, if only 8 teams are going to be in the 4's, Glasgow would be one of the teams missing!!

So why have they scheduled Glasgow vs Berwick (and no one else)? Unless Glasgow and Berwick aren't going to be in the Fours (8 teams left), but I doubt, if only 8 teams are going to be in the 4's, Glasgow would be one of the teams missing!!

Maybe that is the mistake, just seems very odd that neither Newcastle or Scunthorpe have anything scheduled and a day which appears to have no other clashes - just guessing and as I can't see any other date set aside for 4s, and it is around same time as last year I'm putting two and two together - and probably getting 22 :D

Maybe that is the mistake, just seems very odd that neither Newcastle or Scunthorpe have anything scheduled and a day which appears to have no other clashes - just guessing and as I can't see any other date set aside for 4s, and it is around same time as last year I'm putting two and two together - and probably getting 22 :D

I think you are possibly right about the 4's date. I can't see the home meeting on the 23rd being on for obvious reasons. Why not keep it for September as we only have 1 meeting both home and away, and we could be waiting for an idle three weeks for opponents if we can make the playoffs. Everyone else has pretty full meetings in September.

I think you are possibly right about the 4's date. I can't see the home meeting on the 23rd being on for obvious reasons. Why not keep it for September as we only have 1 meeting both home and away, and we could be waiting for an idle three weeks for opponents if we can make the playoffs. Everyone else has pretty full meetings in September.

it might be that September could be used for re-arranged meetings, as am sure we'll be hit with the wet stuff at sometime :(

it might be that September could be used for re-arranged meetings, as am sure we'll be hit with the wet stuff at sometime :(

But that would be a similar situation to the other teams who are riding throughout September. We will all need to add dates on at the end.

BTW How many of your sheeters go to Cardiff and not be available for the Sunday 23rd.

But that would be a similar situation to the other teams who are riding throughout September. We will all need to add dates on at the end.

BTW How many of your sheeters go to Cardiff and not be available for the Sunday 23rd.

Do you mean those with Diarrhea? :unsure::blink:

Honestly - the lengths people will go to to slip a naughty word in .............. I don't know. :rolleyes:

:rofl: :rofl:

• Like 1

can only think of 1,,, if we get the 'go ahead' for new sheets, the job 'should' get a bit easier,,,

• Like 1

did glasgow turn up at last seasons 4,s or was that on a sunday when the cash strappers dint want to ride . no miss really .

its most probably a mistake by the bspa as they cant even get the ben fund line up correct .

Edited by jenga