British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

No they will be shown the door after a week.

Bloody phone.

Ahhhhh, I see ;) Maybe they will :o

From the point of view of being entertained on a Sunday evening I'm delighted to see RL back: but I hadn't thought he would re-sign and from a strictly results perspective was wondering about replacing him with Tero. If we had done that, the BCB could have filled his boots at #6 - I think a good number of matches will be won at reserve next season.

Thank you so much to the club for organising this evening - rather a shame I was driving! It was great entertainment and my daughter enjoyed it as well - she is 12 and she'd not been in s concert room before - eyes like saucers!

Got to admit, gutted that Tero isn't in the team, although I think the team is great still :t:

From the point of view of being entertained on a Sunday evening I'm delighted to see RL back: but I hadn't thought he would re-sign and from a strictly results perspective was wondering about replacing him with Tero. If we had done that, the BCB could have filled his boots at #6 - I think a good number of matches will be won at reserve next season.

Thank you so much to the club for organising this evening - rather a shame I was driving! It was great entertainment and my daughter enjoyed it as well - she is 12 and she'd not been in s concert room before - eyes like saucers!

Can see the point but not sure replacing RL with Aarnio would have freed up enough points to get AM down to reserve.

It will be quite funny if Coles and Phillips actually have a decent season with us. Phillips proves on (very little) occasions he has what it takes to win and pass, he just lacks confidence. I reckon this year will be similar to the last. I'm almost certain we're going to the playoffs.

Edited by DiamondGlory

Two weak reserves - I can't see either Phillips (again) or Coles pulling up too many trees at Championship level. The top five are going to have to score big to minimise the points lost at reserve.

I think Coles is an astute signing. At the start of June, he was averaging around the 5.5 mark in the NL and at the end of the season about 7.1. It doesn't take a genius to realise that in the latter half of 2016 he was up around the 8.5 mark and one glance at this scores for Mildenhall will tell you that he was superbly consistent home and away. He also didn't disgrace himself in guest bookings for Ipswich & Plymouth either - a win over Wolbert springs to mind.

• Like 3

George E mentioned it tonight at the Talk-in.

Before Eastbourne announced it, naughty

I think Coles is an astute signing. At the start of June, he was averaging around the 5.5 mark in the NL and at the end of the season about 7.1. It doesn't take a genius to realise that in the latter half of 2016 he was up around the 8.5 mark and one glance at this scores for Mildenhall will tell you that he was superbly consistent home and away. He also didn't disgrace himself in guest bookings for Ipswich & Plymouth either - a win over Wolbert springs to mind.

I don't think Connor is the one that worries people

I honestly don't believe people are happy with that team we will be lucky to win the Tyne Tees and Tweed trophy this year at best

Why wouldn't we be? It's a similar team to last year, minus Kus and Palovaara. Kus probably would have helped but it's not going to be a bad season at all.

• Like 1

Why wouldn't we be? It's a similar team to last year, minus Kus and Palovaara. Kus probably would have helped but it's not going to be a bad season at all.

Similar your right that's why we will win nothing again!! Danny Phillips should be nowhere near that team I could name at least 10 that are much better than him. Lewis Rose and Ash Morris won't be at reserve this season and lindgren will do his usual which is to be decent at home then do nothing away. We will be relying on Robert and Steve big time away from home again and we need to hope the rest chip in long season me thinks. Glasgow Ipswich and Sheffield will be much stronger.

Edited by Nufc 1892
  • Like 1

Decent looking team taking into account the parameters of the league, feel that the authorities have watered it down to accommodate of the Elite/premier or what ever its called always the same, I think the reserves will do ok and Phillips having a year under his belt should do him no harm and also taking into account most teams are going to be running with 2 pointers due to the build up of the team that experience could be invaluable

• Like 2

So, where's that gun for boomerang?

so come and do it big man was only wrong bout lindgren coming back instead of wells.

ill see you in march and you can do it then if you think your hard enough

cant see them winning away metting next season at best will pick up an odd point by losing by less than 6.

should be ok at home but the top two will have to score double figure,s at every away meeting to even stand a chance of that.

realy happy with coles but this is the year that captain fantastic has to push his average over 8 this is his sixth season so

its time to stand up and be counted.

as for kus he was told he was defo told he would be used nxt season and he had bout 4 or 5 other clubs wanting to use him

but he told them he was fixed up only to be sold down the river by newcastle been totally s///t on from a great height.

my personal choice would have kus over captain fantastic any day

and philips needs to let the clutch out at the starting gate the same time as all the other riders to stand a chance of

scoring points needs to mix it at the first corner.