British Speedway Forum

Newcastle 2017

Whingers or not, true fans will accept that it's the team we're given and they ride for the team we will support. Some people may not like a certain rider, and that's fine, everyone had their own opinions. It's when that rider helps win us a trophy and the haters jump ship that it becomes ridiculous. I honestly believe this year may be the year we win either the pairs or the fours. However, because the team hasn't been announced, don't hold me to that statement becaus it's subject to change!

Whingers or not, true fans will accept that it's the team we're given and they ride for the team we will support. Some people may not like a certain rider, and that's fine, everyone had their own opinions. It's when that rider helps win us a trophy and the haters jump ship that it becomes ridiculous. I honestly believe this year may be the year we win either the pairs or the fours. However, because the team hasn't been announced, don't hold me to that statement becaus it's subject to change!

We thought that for the season just ended, but were denied by the fact the top riders were unavailable on those days.

• Like 1

We thought that for the season just ended, but were denied by the fact the top riders were unavailable on those days.

I hope whatever team is put together, that they don't ride in the EL, Ricky would be good there :) If we went with him at 1, and then a bunch of 6/7 pointers to finish the top 5 and then 2 NL reserves, it'd be good, try to field a 7 man team every week

Good point. But new riders, new season, (hopefully) new trophies. Just have to be optimistic! and hope the new riders aren't needed elsewhere.

I wish the basketball dude was back tbh, and he annoyed me a lot too

The basketball dude?

If you mean Andrew, who threw the basketballs into the crowd at the intervals, I have a mini vendetta against him. They did the usual thunderbirds theme and he threw it. Bounced around for a bit, and just as I was about to catch it he decided to follow in Shearer's footsteps and booted it up into the stands. I was gutted, I could've won something from the track shop. :(

This story does have a silver lining, caught one a few weeks later, and much to the dismay of the fellow diamonds fans, predicted an opponent was going to win the race. Everyone told me how daft it was until he actually went and won!

Edited by DiamondGlory

Kings Lynn reverted back to Wednesday as their race night will help us if Lambert is back

And Rose... :)

Realistic names because R. Lambert will be riding in Poland.

1. Steve Worrall

2. Ashley Morris

3. Stuart Robson

4. Lewis Rose

5. Ludvig Lindgren

6. Danny Ayres

7. Danny Phillips

Don't see Robson being back or Ayres, especially with his shoulder operation

i thought everybody and their dog knew that . obviously not .

I knew someone was called Trevor, just didn't realize it was Rene, I just call him Rene Bach :)

The basketball dude?

If you mean Andrew, who threw the basketballs into the crowd at the intervals, I have a mini vendetta against him. They did the usual thunderbirds theme and he threw it. Bounced around for a bit, and just as I was about to catch it he decided to follow in Shearer's footsteps and booted it up into the stands. I was gutted, I could've won something from the track shop. :(

This story does have a silver lining, caught one a few weeks later, and much to the dismay of the fellow diamonds fans, predicted an opponent was going to win the race. Everyone told me how daft it was until he actually went and won!

Yeah him, people always wonder how to get kids into the speedway, well entertaining them and giving them free stuff helps, not just letting them stand and watch, which is what happens now

Who'd you guess? :o

Edited by Dandelion