British Speedway Forum

Fair enough BSPA have, shame on Poole though

http://www.poolepirates.co/news.html

treating their fans with contempt, like their so called No1

Why Poole. It is the individual who has decided not to ride.

Riders are self employed and can decide themselves if they want to take part into an individual meeting.

Having said that I feel riders who have made a living in that league should support it. At least Poole have 2 Brits riding who were the best riders against Wolves.

• Like 2

Why Poole. It is the individual who has decided not to ride.

Riders are self employed and can decide themselves if they want to take part into an individual meeting.

Having said that I feel riders who have made a living in that league should support it. At least Poole have 2 Brits riding who were the best riders against Wolves.

He supposed to be there representing the club.

Has it been confirmed that Cook isn't riding?

Edited by woz01

Bookies odds are out for the ELRC and Cook's not on there. Has the other 15 riders and "others available on request", in other words, looks like no Cook and a junior in his place if we're lucky. I'm sure the BSPA will let supporters know in good time though and give the young lad replacing Cook, whoever it may be, a good mention ahead of his big break.

Bookies odds are out for the ELRC and Cook's not on there. Has the other 15 riders and "others available on request", in other words, looks like no Cook and a junior in his place if we're lucky. I'm sure the BSPA will let supporters know in good time though and give the young lad replacing Cook, whoever it may be, a good mention ahead of his big break.

I know it's unlikely as he would've been named originally if he was to be in it but Max Fricke is local, as is Rory Schlein.

I know it's unlikely as he would've been named originally if he was to be in it but Max Fricke is local, as is Rory Schlein.

Would be pleased with either of those. Doubt it though.

surprised Fricke isn't representing Belle Vue as he's higher on their averages than Scott

Would be pleased with either of those. Doubt it though.

surprised Fricke isn't representing Belle Vue as he's higher on their averages than Scott

Fricke not in country

Unfortunately the majority of people in this country feel the same way as you.

Some of us do still like to watch live speedway though and 20 quid to watch Iversen, Harris, Lindgren, Nicholls, Lambert, King, Masters isn't that bad a deal, especially when you only live 5 minutes from the track.

Still, I'm sure if we all rode on a Wednesday night with Ekstraliga strength teams, and it was 28 quid to get in, all you stay at homers would be rushing to the stadium?

I sincerely hope it's a good night for those who choose to go, but to me an ELRC should be a strong line up with a dozen or so in with a shout of winning, with no FTR's anywhere near it.

I wouldn't pay £28 for league speedway whoever was riding but I might attend a little more often if the authorities (and my club) were a bit more organised and there weren't so many guests and R/R's every meeting. And if the fixtures were a bit more regular rather than in fits and starts. I genuinely envy those people who go religiously come what may as I used to be like that and loved every second but at the moment half a dozen meetings a season is plenty for me and maybe one or two too many.

Edited by Gordon Bennett
  • Like 1

Rory Schlein is unattached so surely wouldn't be able to ride

Though as it's British Speedway there's no doubt a rule saying he can.

IMO as a former champion he would be a good addition, even more so if the meeting was at Swindon.

Rory Schlein is unattached so surely wouldn't be able to ride

Though as it's British Speedway there's no doubt a rule saying he can.

IMO as a former champion he would be a good addition, even more so if the meeting was at Swindon.

NBJ who got sacked off Peterborough is currently without a team but is guesting for Edward Kennet Rye House tonight so god knows how there allowing that