British Speedway Forum

When you look at the line up for the teams and where their riders are in the team averages.

Belle Vue

Cook (2nd). Nicholls (4th)

Coventry

King (2nd). Coventry (3rd)

King's Lynn

Iversen. (1st). Lambert (2nd)

Lakeside

Kennett (2nd). Nilsson (3rd)

Leicester

Houggard (2nd). Starke (4th)

Klindt is injured

Poole

Ellis (6th). Newman (7th)

Swindon

Morris (2nd). Tungate (3rd)

Wolves

Lindgren (1st). Masters (2nd)

Most teams do have 2 of their top 3 riders riding in it. The line up looks weaker because our league is. Poole are the only ones tracking their lowest averaged riders.

And as have I already suggested is that Pooles reserves still have a higher average than some of the riders in the meeting regardless of what Elite League team they ride for and what place they are in the averages.

Poor show from Holder to be a no show though as I think he could have won it.

Actually looking down your list, if Iversen did pull out, there would be no top averaged rider from any team in the meeting because Woffinden had the highest Wolves average regardless of rides. Consider that from ten years ago, that is shocking.

On the plus side of all this, I would rather up and coming British riders ride to get good experience in these kind of meetings against what is still a reasonably quality line up.

I predict

Lindgren

Iversen

King

He didn't 'pullout last minute' he's been advertising his chickens on Twitter, to anyone who could take them, as he had arranged to fly to Australia, the flight was yesterday.

No, he flew to Poland yesterday for their Gala night and has announced hes there for another year. I've always been a big fan of Holders but he's behaved like an arse recently. Not sure what his issue is!

• Like 2

No, he flew to Poland yesterday for their Gala night and has announced hes there for another year. I've always been a big fan of Holders but he's behaved like an arse recently. Not sure what his issue is!

Probably because he is a 'Monster athlete' and not a speedway rider anymore?

And as have I already suggested is that Pooles reserves still have a higher average than some of the riders in the meeting regardless of what Elite League team they ride for and what place they are in the averages.

They actually haven't as both Ellis and Newman only have 5 point averages. Therefore only Starke has a lower average than them in the whole line up

Cook withdrawn. No name announced to replace him yet

That's a shame as he had a good chance. Any reason why?

Why no Fricke for Belle Vue? Imagine one of the Worrall brothers will replace him

What's the current weather like ?

Weathers dry, but chilly

Many said the other day when the field was announced that certain riders would pull out, sadly for the paying public its turned out to be true. Not to long ago this was a meeting all the top riders wanted to be in and win, probably indicative of the way some riders see the EL and racing here as it seems its not much more than wages top up for them.

Many said the other day when the field was announced that certain riders would pull out, sadly for the paying public its turned out to be true. Not to long ago this was a meeting all the top riders wanted to be in and win, probably indicative of the way some riders see the EL and racing here as it seems its not much more than wages top up for them.

To be fair, most of the top boys rode in the Polish League Riders Championship and didn't even try because they didn't feel they were getting paid enough. It was a rubbish meeting and was won by a reserve, Krystian Pieszczk.

Speedway riders are on the whole a dreadful bunch these days. But I suppose they're like everyone in a way.

They want to do the minimum amount of work for the maximum reward. The rest of us don't get four months a year off though!

• Like 2

Anybody who pays good money to watch this wants their head feeling.

Unfortunately the majority of people in this country feel the same way as you.

Some of us do still like to watch live speedway though and 20 quid to watch Iversen, Harris, Lindgren, Nicholls, Lambert, King, Masters isn't that bad a deal, especially when you only live 5 minutes from the track.

Still, I'm sure if we all rode on a Wednesday night with Ekstraliga strength teams, and it was 28 quid to get in, all you stay at homers would be rushing to the stadium?

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

What's also disappointing is that if Cook and Holder have pulled out there's nothing mentioned about it on any of the club websites or the bspa site

They've mentioned that Holder can't be bothered.

Cook probably just plans to not turn up on the night. Tripped over his bottom lip after Wednesday apparently.

• Like 1

Anybody who pays good money to watch this wants their head feeling.

It's still a competitive line up. Yes not every team has their number 1 riding but most have their 2nd or 3rd rider in it. The line up has some strong riders at Brandon and racers.

£20 is quite reasonable

It's a long winter with no speedway

• Like 1