British Speedway Forum

Starke has been in the 1-5 for the vast majority of the season, about 80% of it. Plus he IS 4th in their averages. Its only Woryna missing for dodgy reasons, unlike 5 Poole riders!

Yes but Starke was only there in the team because he was riding for Leicester and for most other teams he would be a No 7 in the averages. And also he did start as a No 7.

In fact according to averages if Poole had sent Rohan Tungate, Nikolai Klindt, Szymion Wozniak and Troy Batchelor to the ELRC, they would all be the No 7 for Poole due to averages so it doesn't make any difference.

Also I personally think had Newman not got multiple injuries mid season and lost a bit of form getting fit, he would have gotten into the main team and he was definitely quicker than Kurtz, Pedersen and Buckzowski so on form he probably is Poole's second best rider so why not send him.

No disrespect to Kyle Newman who will always ride to the best of his ability but it really is a farce when a number 7 is riding in the ELRC.

There was a time when being no 1 in your averages did not guarantee you a spot in the BLRCF. 19 teams .. top 16 no 1's ride and the bottom three were reserves !!!!!

• Like 2

No disrespect to Kyle Newman who will always ride to the best of his ability but it really is a farce when a number 7 is riding in the ELRC.

There was a time when being no 1 in your averages did not guarantee you a spot in the BLRCF. 19 teams .. top 16 no 1's ride and the bottom three were reserves !!!!!

It's not really a farce. That is the way speedway is now and the strength of speedway in the country is and it has been for a few years now.

Mind you saying that, going back over the years, how many top league rider No 7s could you name that could say they beat the World Champion and a rider currently ranked in the top ten both on their home track away from home.

I cannot think of many.

• Like 1

So we think holder as pulled out.

I know of 1 other rider pulled out that's not announced yet.

Let's hope they don't replace these with the reserves who will be NL riders

So we think holder as pulled out.

I know of 1 other rider pulled out that's not announced yet.

Let's hope they don't replace these with the reserves who will be NL riders

Well who's that then?

To save people travelling who doesn't want to end up seeing a farce?

Well who's that then?

To save people travelling who doesn't want to end up seeing a farce?

I've heard cook ain't riding.

I hope he does though as I was going to see him

Edited by Phil The Ace

Really poor from the Poole riders when not one of their top 5 could be bothered to ride and represent their team in the meeting.

Just like the play offs, it's left to the reserves again whilst the others don't show up

I'd like to know if Holder was ever gonna race in this meeting, would never be surprised if Matt couldn't give two hoots about encouraging his boys to race in this given it doesn't "benefit his business" .....

This meeting has gone from being better than a World Final to one of the most meaningless meetings of the year .

You won't get that anymore, you see World finals every fortnight with the gp series.