British Speedway Forum

Melbourne 2016

I think Greg Hancock has had his 'Bruce Penhall at White City moment' where he has gone from most people's affections to someone who has brought the integrity of the sport into question.

Congratulations on being an all time great rider, but I think that your legacy has been tainted forever.

Hancock was dealt with correctly and fairly. You have to race not ride. Pulling out of the meeting is a sulk.

The problem of having a team mate in Monster Energy, and a team mate in their Polish club. Shouldn't have looked out for a "team mate".

Its happened before and will happen again.

• Like 1

I haven't seen this yet..so what was Nigel and kelvin's take on it ?...and what did Hancock actually say about it ?

There take on it was they felt he was deliberately slowing. Greg's reaction was, in essence, left for another day.

Congratulations to Greg Hancock and Chris Holder on their respective wins. Good to see 'The Bart-man' on the rostrum.

Hopefully Doyley will win it next year.

Bit of a shame Leigh Adams wasn't interviewed, but a great gp.

Roll on next year!

Honestly it would be nice if a non-monster or non-monster hangraround win it next year*. I also still think it is very unsuitable for the championship sponsor to sponsor a

few selected riders in the lineup, I don't know if they get any advantages of it but the actual possibility of bias is enough for it to be improper/unsuitable.

*the exception would of course be Antonio Lindbäck.

Edited by Ghostwalker
  • Like 3

I think Greg Hancock has had his 'Bruce Penhall at White City moment' where he has gone from most people's affections to someone who has brought the integrity of the sport into question.

Congratulations on being an all time great rider, but I think that your legacy has been tainted forever.

I think that came last year!

His attack of Nicki, not on track but the off-track website statement was pathetic and bullying. Tonight he went from winning the world title in one race, to colluding to cheat other riders in the following race.

I haven't seen this yet..so what was Nigel and kelvin's take on it ?

To be fair Kelvin called it 'strange' during the race, and was quickly critical. Pearson didn't try to defend Hancock (yes that's right folks, I am defending Pearson). I looked on Twitter and that total moron Havelock is now slating Nigel and Kelvin for judging Hancock. What saddens me is that Havelock can't see what Hancock did was wrong.

• Like 2

To be fair Kelvin called it 'strange' during the race, and was quickly critical. Pearson didn't try to defend Hancock (yes that's right folks, I am defending Pearson). I looked on Twitter and that total moron Havelock is now slating Nigel and Kelvin for judging Hancock. What saddens me is that Havelock can't see what Hancock did was wrong.

I sometimes wonder if Havvy is actually on this planet some fo the things he comes out with

• Like 1

I think that came last year!

His attack of Nicki, not on track but the off-track website statement was pathetic and bullying. Tonight he went from winning the world title in one race, to colluding to cheat other riders in the following race.

I'd have to re-watch it but I didn't think either Kelvin or Nigel picked up on it during the race, I'm sure it was only after a couple of replays that they even discussed it, then again were they actually over there, or just sat in a UK studio?

I've always been neutral regarding Hancock but his withdrawal from the meeting was the wrong move imo, lost a lot of credibility in my eyes. He will definitely be remembered for today's antics and they will overshadow his fantastic achievements.

Shame on you Greg Hancock..

• Like 2

I'd have to re-watch it but I didn't think either Kelvin or Nigel picked up on it during the race

They didn't but the way Kelvin questioned the move during the race sort of suggested to me that Kelvin thought it was suspicious, which was enough for me to rewind and take a look.

I've always been neutral regarding Hancock but his withdrawal from the meeting was the wrong move imo, lost a lot of credibility in my eyes. Shame on you Greg Hancock..

Not just today for me. Hancock's recent crimes against speedway are:

- Today, manipulating the race.

- World Cup, cheating British fans by pulling out of the Belle Vue meeting, after making no reference to that in the qualification.

- His attack on Nicki by publishing a website statement attacking his character. Unprofessional at best!

• Like 3