British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

what's Kasprzak excuse then ? Same I guess Poland is his priority .

My concerns from last night is Josh Bailey who is clearly out of his depth not going to crirtise but this league is just a step too far .

I have said the same about Bailey.His gating is atrocious,you need to be able to gate now and again to get some points.He hasn't earnt a real point yet.He needs imo to stick to the championship and NL get some gating skills together then give it another go.At the moment he is the poorest of no 7s in the league imo.

Danyon Hume and JPB look better prospects at the moment but they both ride Wednesdays,but maybe alright for away meetings or the occassional home meeting we have that isnt on a Wednesday.

On a side note it's good to see King's Lynn allowing rain off tickets to be used for re-admission to any league match for the rest of the season.Having a chat with Rob last night and he clarified this and so did Nathan via email.This is another little step forward i believe.

Edited by tellboy
  • Like 1

A lot of faith is being shown in Josh because he is a club product. I think the original plan of him sharing with somebody would help him, I wouldn't want to see him cast adrift completely although this will probably happen if we are able to strengthen up when the new averages cone out.

A lot of faith is being shown in Josh because he is a club product. I think the original plan of him sharing with somebody would help him, I wouldn't want to see him cast adrift completely although this will probably happen if we are able to strengthen up when the new averages cone out.

I wouldn't want to see him cast adrift completely,but he is still with the Young Stars and at Scunthorpe learning his trade at a higher level.3 leagues is possibly to much anyway at his young age.This is why we need his position to be a shared one.

what's Kasprzak excuse then ? Same I guess Poland is his priority .

My concerns from last night is Josh Bailey who is clearly out of his depth not going to crirtise but this league is just a step too far .

KK is from Poland, every rider puts their home country first. Holder isn't.

KK is from Poland, every rider puts their home country first. Holder isn't.

The name Tai Woffinden ring any bells

• Like 3

Danyon Hume and JPB look better prospects at the moment but they both ride Wednesdays,but maybe alright for away meetings or the occassional home meeting we have that isnt on a Wednesday.

I know you mention that last night, but thinking about it I'm not sure they would be allowed to join as their current team have the same race night - that was one of the reasons given for Craig Cook not being allowed to sign for Peterborough last season anyway

I know you mention that last night, but thinking about it I'm not sure they would be allowed to join as their current team have the same race night - that was one of the reasons given for Craig Cook not being allowed to sign for Peterborough last season anyway

Not sure what the situation is regarding the NL riders.I know Birmingham ride on Wednesdays but i'm sure it would be more for away matches and the odd home one.Incidentally Bailey's NL club has the same race night too.

I wouldn't want to see him cast adrift completely,but he is still with the Young Stars and at Scunthorpe learning his trade at a higher level.3 leagues is possibly to much anyway at his young age.This is why we need his position to be a shared one.

He is young but older than Robert Lambert and he's coping, should give Josh a bit longer to get over his injuries, he will get there soon

I really don't know what is expected from Holder by some fans his form was up snd down for Poole especially early in the season, Iversen is a far more consistent rider and Kings Lynn through and through anyone else isn' t going to be as consistent, that doesn't mean Holder won't get maximums at home though and he will get better as the season progresses.

Edited by foreverblue

Not sure what the situation is regarding the NL riders.I know Birmingham ride on Wednesdays but i'm sure it would be more for away matches and the odd home one.Incidentally Bailey's NL club has the same race night too.

But Kings Lynn Premiership & NL would allow Bailey to ride a double header. Having a rider from Birmingham gives the same problem as Cook last year(2 meetings raced at the same time).

From what I've seen this afternoon at Pboro I'd give Connor Mountain a go that's if his average fits of course - Bailey is totally out of his depth he needs to concentrate on riding in his other two leagues .

3 ride 0 points from Josh at Scunthorpe this afternoon

• Like 1

I can't believe I'm seeing people wanting Bailey out already.

We've had 2 league matches ffs :rolleyes:

What's expected from the number 7 in the first place?

He's come into the team on a 2 average and isn't a million miles off​ the pace.

His gating is atrocious but that can improve with a bit of patience & time & race fitness.

At the end of the day if we lose matches with a top 3 of Holder, Lambert & Batch & the back up of Porsing, Huck & Rose, why the fook should the finger pointing be aimed at an inexperienced No7?!?! :unsure:

• Like 9

I can't believe I'm seeing people wanting Bailey out already.

We've had 2 league matches ffs :rolleyes:

What's expected from the number 7 in the first place?

He's come into the team on a 2 average and isn't a million miles off​ the pace.

His gating is atrocious but that can improve with a bit of patience & time & race fitness.

At the end of the day if we lose matches with a top 3 of Holder, Lambert & Batch & the back up of Porsing, Huck & Rose, why the fook should the finger pointing be aimed at an inexperienced No7?!?! :unsure:

I've said from day one the no7 would be there mainly to make the numbers up I got shot down for saying that -Bailey I'm not criticising him at all he's just not ready simple as that .

I have mentioned Connor Mountain for the no 7 spot many times now, I did not know if they had a fall out with the promotion as he use to ride for development team with his dad the they just disappeared off to Mildenhall. he is a local boy so I find it odd that he don't ride for his local team. Or there is jack Thomas who rides for Kent sure he is from Norwich way

• Like 1

I have mentioned Connor Mountain for the no 7 spot many times now, I did not know if they had a fall out with the promotion as he use to ride for development team with his dad the they just disappeared off to Mildenhall. he is a local boy so I find it odd that he don't ride for his local team. Or there is jack Thomas who rides for Kent sure he is from Norwich way

I just don't think it should be set in stone who we use at 7 let's try other options Connor Mountain would be worth a go from what I've seen this afternoon unless as you say there has been a fall out .