British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

The new racesuits are growing on me

You can probably buy something from the chemist to remove them.

• Like 2

The new racesuits are growing on me

Pleased the new race suits are growing on you. Nicklas and I designed them, taking into account a number of factors.

Yes from the front possibly too black. However the original design did have more colour on front, but this got changed in the manufacturing due to how suits are stitched. In our original design the shoulders were meant to be yellow with the blue stars.

Speaking to sponsors, we chose black for legs and chest as this is what sponsors like, it shows up sponsors logos far better when not lost in a colour. The riders like black legs as colours on inside of leg change due to oil, dirt and engine heat. Last years yellow legs went green due to this.

However other than when rider is off the bike, what do you actually see when racing. The sides of the race suit, hence the yellow and blue down legs, under arm and reverse of arm. If you look at the photos from P&P of the team riding, then I think you will see what I mean. I appreciate some won't like design, I hear riders and management like them. But it's a race suit and if team is in this years finals I think the topic of conversation won't be about race suits. Lol - David

• Like 1

Pleased the new race suits are growing on you. Nicklas and I designed them, taking into account a number of factors.

Yes from the front possibly too black. However the original design did have more colour on front, but this got changed in the manufacturing due to how suits are stitched. In our original design the shoulders were meant to be yellow with the blue stars.

Speaking to sponsors, we chose black for legs and chest as this is what sponsors like, it shows up sponsors logos far better when not lost in a colour. The riders like black legs as colours on inside of leg change due to oil, dirt and engine heat. Last years yellow legs went green due to this.

However other than when rider is off the bike, what do you actually see when racing. The sides of the race suit, hence the yellow and blue down legs, under arm and reverse of arm. If you look at the photos from P&P of the team riding, then I think you will see what I mean. I appreciate some won't like design, I hear riders and management like them. But it's a race suit and if team is in this years finals I think the topic of conversation won't be about race suits. Lol - David

Seems like the design has been given a lot of thought by you guys. Shame someone couldn't come up with a top that the fans could then buy as a replica for them to wear at meetings, the same as every football club in the Country does.. Must be a few quid in it somewhwere.

• Like 2

Seems like the design has been given a lot of thought by you guys. Shame someone couldn't come up with a top that the fans could then buy as a replica for them to wear at meetings, the same as every football club in the Country does.. Must be a few quid in it somewhwere.

Because Chris Holder had not received his suit for P&P, Club had a shirt done to look exactly like race suit top. Will ask management about it and see if It can be done for merchandising.

People blaming the promotion for long drawn out meetings,isn't it the refs job to move procceedings along

Due to health and safety restrictions the referee is not permitted to put the two minute warning on until the all machinery has cleared the track.

Therefore the referee can actually do nothing to move a meeting on if a tractor driver decides to stay out on track for half an hour.

• Like 3

Chris has more of the stars material on the front of his suit, is that how they should all have been?

Due to health and safety restrictions the referee is not permitted to put the two minute warning on until the all machinery has cleared the track.

Therefore the referee can actually do nothing to move a meeting on if a tractor driver decides to stay out on track for half an hour.

Well as Rob is now the promoter it will be interesting to see if he tells Buster to get off the track and meetings move faster.

Family have decided not to go tonight cos they don't want to be standing about whilst it's still quite chilly. Comment was if it definitely started at 7.30 (as stated in PR) and all over by 9.15 we would go. Guess I'll have to wait another week for a peaceful evenings TV viewing :wink:

What also got mentioned was Bob Dugard was notorious for track grading but we can never remember too much standing about or late finishes at Eastbourne.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

Well as Rob is now the promoter it will be interesting to see if he tells Buster to get off the track and meetings move faster.

Family have decided not to go tonight cos they don't want to be standing about whilst it's still quite chilly. Comment was if it definitely started at 7.30 (as stated in PR) and all over by 9.15 we would go. Guess I'll have to wait another week for a peaceful evenings TV viewing :wink:

What also got mentioned was Bob Dugard was notorious for track grading but we can never remember too much standing about or late finishes at Eastbourne.

Bob was on the track before the riders had gone back to the pits, he was superb producing a good track and keeping the meeting going fast, many people in charge of track grading should learn from him as I agree, too much hanging around now in cold evenings puts people off going till it's warmer.

Bring back the rakers would be a good thing.

• Like 1

TV should be good., Things like who duffed up Ken ? Lol

Edited by semion

• 2 weeks later...

UK not a priority for Holder. He has said it on numerous occasions on facebook and twitter. Poland first second and third. Only reason he rides UK is a visa so he can be with his son.

what's Kasprzak excuse then ? Same I guess Poland is his priority .

My concerns from last night is Josh Bailey who is clearly out of his depth not going to crirtise but this league is just a step too far .

what's Kasprzak excuse then ? Same I guess Poland is his priority .

My concerns from last night is Josh Bailey who is clearly out of his depth not going to crirtise but this league is just a step too far .

Top riders have to make Poland their priority because that's where the money comes from (if they get paid), that's why it's so annoying that the bribing Polish authorities put their latest rules into place!

As for Holder, time will tell, it's really odd supporting him in Stars colours, he probably feels the same racing in blue/yellow, he's certainly not replacing NKI for scoring power as yet.