British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

This was a suggestion I made a couple of years ago when seeing Gavin on stage showcasing Niels. From that moment he was an obvious choice. Whether he can replace Mike Bennett remains to be seen, but Gavin does have that aura of confidence and knowledge that a commentator needs. He has shown no problems standing in front of full house speaking freely and fluently , and his speedway knowledge is equal to most of us. He has all the attributes to make the job a tremendous success.

This is just another piece of that jig-saw that has been assembled to make 2017 a truly special year..... :t:

• Like 1

I am sure that his new presenter will prove to be competent and hopefully interesting and help to fill in the "emptiness" between heats - in a knowledgeable way. But please upgrade the audio system or at least check that the location and efficiency of speakers in area where fans congregate to listen, At the moment it is very patchy on the left side of the main stand. This need not prove expensive! Changing the presenter is of no use if he cannot be clearly heard! This is especially the case when radio mic. interviews happen in the pits or on the centre green. To improve the show do go back to basics and cross the t's and dot the i's.

• Like 1

Am sure that Gavin Caney can make a good job of a centre presenter because he is a speedway supporter of many seasons and should know what he is talking about which i felt was the trouble with some of those who replaced MB. Agree that the speaker system could do with an upgrade as the one in front of me has been missing for a long time.and as the pits are right behind it make it hard to hear at times.

I totally agree about the speakers. May I suggest Buster that you have a walk around the first/second bend area, when there are bikes running in the pits, and tractors grading the track, and try and hear the announcements! There are too few speakers that are too far apart and pointing in the wrong direction. I have often moved my usual standing spot simply to hear what is going on. Needs attention please.

I agree with some of the comments about our sound distribution at AFA. In this day and age with the new wireless technology . It is now far easier to install real good tanoy system at a fraction they use to cost. The internet with the world make it far more competitive to get quality items.

I use to stand on the favoured first corner , but gave it up because we couldn't heat the results to fill in the program.... Even in some places of the Royal Box it is hard to hear. also 3rd bend. Back straight appears good as does the start. but agree in desperate need of modernising...

Having only just got back into the sport recently, I wondered why the Stars club colours were blue and yellow. Back in the 70s, I remember them being green and yellow. Club colours are something traditional in any sport so would someone be kind enough to explain the reason for the change?

I think the green was dropped as being like a bad luck colour or something.Pretty sure it was blamed for a string of injuries one particular year.Maybe someone else can shed more light on this.

Having only just got back into the sport recently, I wondered why the Stars club colours were blue and yellow. Back in the 70s, I remember them being green and yellow. Club colours are something traditional in any sport so would someone be kind enough to explain the reason for the change?

The green & yellow was carried over from the Norwich Stars as that was the City colours.

The reason of back luck to change to blue and yellow was in jest.

The actual reason, the same as the Norwich Stars is that the blue & yellow are the colours of the town.

As Ipswich fans we never called them Stars Knights or Silver Machine - not sure the words used are allowed on here though... 😈😆

Buster got rid of the yellow and green half way through an injury ravaged 1993 season when we sat bottom of the league....most probably a coincidence but the change led to a much better half of the season. I think the first meeting after the change (and a couple of team alterations) was a home win against a Wolves side flying high at the top of the table with Bo Brhel breaking the track record to boot.

Yellow and blue race jackets appeared at the beginning of the next season and have remained ever since except the Silver Machine years, and as somebody has said it fits in with Lynn FC and the yellow and green is very much a Norwich colour scheme.

Edited by Gordon Bennett