British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

He was, but was with Dennis and the Swedish team. Test matches versus Denmark, Swedish league and Inter Continental final I think it was

Forgot about Dennis,he happened to be my mates favourite rider when riding for Lynn.

I am confident that Troy will raise his average by possibly two points this year. But he IS a mood rider and when not in the mood for whatever reason he does not perform and comes across as not trying to perform. which is what frustrates fans. He can be a world beater from time to time but you don't want to be relying on him to win vital heats. I hope that, if fit, the Stars go with Josh Bailey as he is at least as good ( around Saddlebow Rd ) as many of the announced reserves.

I'm not sure how a shared No7 will work as it doesn't seem part of the regulations as no other club has taken up that option.

If that was a rule to do that the better rider's would have been sucked up already by the bigger clubs.

I'm not sure how a shared No7 will work as it doesn't seem part of the regulations as no other club has taken up that option.

If that was a rule to do that the better rider's would have been sucked up already by the bigger clubs.

The one with a higher average will be declared in the 1 to 7 and guessing the other will be named as No 8

Does any one know what is the points limit for a No 7 as I have seen more than one on different line ups ??

The value of the reserve points is governed by those that left over when assembling the team. The minimum a new rider can have is 2pts, whereas the most pts he could have would be (50pts divided by 7, each rider being equal) would be 7.14 . Because the heat format has changed this year, the reserve riders will have harder races riding against better riders. It is for those reasons some teams have gone for one better rider instead of two.. Hence the difference in reserve rider's points.....

It is opinionated which is the best way to assemble the team this year. Some have gone for the strong top end with a lesser middle and a weaker reserves. Whereas some have gone for a more all round team strength, at the expense of a out-n-out top man.. It is arguable which is best both have their advantages. The first set of figures should indicate the benefits of each but it will probably be much longer before it becomes clear which is the best....

• Like 1

Yes, he is.......I think. So much else been going on I'm not sure.

Just checked and he is, along with King, Bjerre, Bjerre, Garrity, Kerr and Bates.

Edited by Gemini