British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

I thought you loved Woffinden surely Woffinden, I know he is not riding in UK but still.

No point in wanting something you can't have.

I want all the top boys here too but that's not going to happen either is it.

I'd love a top 3 of Woffy, Freddie and Lambert. That would be awesome.

Not going to happen tho.

• Like 1

I know what you are saying, however Doyle is coming back from a serious injury, Holder is flying and Robert Lambert is on the up and up as well so we'll see.

Our riders are on the upward curve, are the others? I am not so sure...

Should be fun to watch!

I have high hopes of Batchelor as well. Reading in the SS says he's competing in the Aussie Championships this winter, bearing in mind most of his main competitors are also riding in the UK, this should be a an ideal indication of how he is progressing.

Subject to Batchelor get back to his best, I think this is a cracking team with the potential to lift the league trophy!

I predict Poole, Rye House and Wolves to join Stars in Play Offs.

I agree with that, although Swindon may well strengthen and make a push for the play offs...

• Like 1

yes you did

but as i say one is on the way up and one on the way down. I would expect Lambert to average more than Hans this season in the same way that in 2015 Lambert was lower than Nicholls but last year he went past him as Nicholls got worse.

Hans Andersen isnt going to get any better.......Lambert is and was only slightly behind him last season

I think Hans will have a better season than the last one, he had some really bad meetings last season although i appreciate he isn't the rider he once was, i believe he is better than what he showed last season. Scotty will be ata home track more suited to his skills and could have a great season.

Subject to Batchelor get back to his best, I think this is a cracking team with the potential to lift the league trophy!

I predict Poole, Rye House and Wolves to join Stars in Play Offs.

Batchelor getting back to his best? Absolutely no chance of that happening. I would imagine losing your courage in a sport like this has a major effect on things. We all know he has real ability, and his gating skills are certainly still intact. But give him a wet track, or other riders near him, he simply bottles it.

He may improve on his awful performances last season, but I'd be amazed if he averages 6 +, which for someone who was in the GP series not so long ago is poor.

The reason is facing a normally great Poole team on their own track.

Agreed, it's also fairly unique in how it rides and how the bike needs to be set up for it so I'm told.

The point is Lambert has struggled there having had a handful of visits while far more experienced riders still do after years and years of meetings at Poole.

KK had problems at Coventry that's why he didn't turn up towards the end of the season.

KK averaged more in the second half of the season and on his last 5 meetings than he did in the first half of the season. So that's figures don't tie in with your opinion/view on that one!

Another interesting comparison with Hans/Lambert. Last 15 meetings, so all as heat leader. Lambert is a point higher away from home! http://speedway-stats.co.uk/RiderForm/15/2016/1

Edited by SCB

KK averaged more in the second half of the season and on his last 5 meetings than he did in the first half of the season. So that's figures don't tie in with your opinion/view on that one!

Another interesting comparison with Hans/Lambert. Last 15 meetings, so all as heat leader. Lambert is a point higher away from home! http://speedway-stats.co.uk/RiderForm/15/2016/1

The second highest away average is Nicholls and he is meant to be in decline!

The reason is facing a normally great Poole team on their own track.

Slick gating paradise every-time I have visited. Most recent Lakeside's visit this year, when you all got excited as Kurtz overtook a Lakeside reserve when he drifted too wide. Brilliant stuff.

Slick gating paradise every-time I have visited. Most recent Lakeside's visit this year, when you all got excited as Kurtz overtook a Lakeside reserve when he drifted too wide. Brilliant stuff.

Your wrong there, very few meetings are gate and go at Poole, most meetings have plenty of passing.

Edited by foreverblue

Don't think our Poole friends will like what Noddy had to say to the local paper LYNN NEWS this week he more or less says he is `at King's Lynn until they kick him out.

The article says no such thing at all :blink: :unsure:

http://www.lynnnews.co.uk/sport/ex-world-champ-holder-could-have-joined-king-s-lynn-stars-almost-a-decade-ago-1-7741934