British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

No achieved average from last season in the PL so will it be 2 or his previous PL average?

he didnt ride in last years PL....

Schlein had a big fall out with the promoter and probably won't race for the club again.

As for Holder's unachievable average, it's for teambuilding purposes only. Teams won't be building to fifty in respect of any mid season changes.

Bjerre (while he was available) and any seven point rider would have been a better option from day one than Holder and a two/three pointer though. Not only would they score more combined than Holder and the two/three pointer it would also give Lynn two strong reserves at all times. Edited by Ben91

Bjerre (while he was available) and any seven point rider would have been a better option from day one than Holder and a two/three pointer though. Not only would they score more combined than Holder and the two/three pointer it would also give Lynn two strong reserves at all times.

With our best reserve always going to be either Rose or Huckenbeck I don't think having a strong no7 is that crucial as they are only going to get 3 rides mostly. Give me Holder who is going to win races any time over Bjerre and any other 7 pointer

Bjerre (while he was available) and any seven point rider would have been a better option from day one than Holder and a two/three pointer though. Not only would they score more combined than Holder and the two/three pointer it would also give Lynn two strong reserves at all times.

Have to disagree with this. Any team with any title aspirations needs a top drawer No.1 who WINS races.

Give me Holder at No.1 and reserve pairing of one of Porsing/Rose/Huckenbeck and a 3ptr any day of the week.

Didn't Poole win the league with a 6 rider team not long back? If the other reserve is strong (and can take 1 extra ride) then its a gamble worth taking.

We look STRONG on paper, with Lambert and Holder the strongest top 2 in the league.

Have to disagree with this. Any team with any title aspirations needs a top drawer No.1 who WINS races.

Give me Holder at No.1 and reserve pairing of one of Porsing/Rose/Huckenbeck and a 3ptr any day of the week.

Didn't Poole win the league with a 6 rider team not long back? If the other reserve is strong (and can take 1 extra ride) then its a gamble worth taking.

We look STRONG on paper, with Lambert and Holder the strongest top 2 in the league.

Lambert is good at home but not good away except at Belle Vue.

They aren't. KK + Andersen & Doyle + Morris are just as strong.

By rankings. No.1s. 1st Doyle, 2nd Holder, 3rd KK and now No.5s 1. Andersen, 2. Lambert and 3. Morris

My rankings are the riders final EL averages of this season.

Well your wrong again.

Holder 8.95, Lambert 7.08 = 16.03

Doyle 9.58, Morris 6.41 = 15.99

Kasprzak 7.91, Andersen 7.15 = 15.06

So KK and Andersen are the weakest of those 3 teams. As ive said Pooles heat leaders are ok but its the second strings where Poole should be better than the rest

Lambert is still on the up though,can't say the same about Hans.Admittedly the league is weak so his average might hold up.

Exactly. 0.07 between them last year. Lambert as heat leader all season and Andersen started and scored heavy from riding at number 4.

Easier to ride well in a successful team then a struggling one.

One rider on the way up and one on the way down.

Would be very surprised if Andersen averages more than Lambert in this coming season

• Like 1

Theoretically Lambert should improve which as British speedway fans we should all hope he does.

He wasn't too good at Poole last season but time will tell, he certainly has a lot of potential.

Plenty of away riders struggle to score points at Wimborne Road for whatever reason.

Gavan.

I have highlighted Lambert and Andersen's away scores riding as a HL

There is nothing in it. Lambert 66+5 and Andersen 67+3 riding as HL's. I didn't add Hans's away scores riding as a second string.

yes you did

but as i say one is on the way up and one on the way down. I would expect Lambert to average more than Hans this season in the same way that in 2015 Lambert was lower than Nicholls but last year he went past him as Nicholls got worse.

Hans Andersen isnt going to get any better.......Lambert is and was only slightly behind him last season

Edited by Gavan

They aren't. KK + Andersen & Doyle + Morris are just as strong.

By rankings. No.1s. 1st Doyle, 2nd Holder, 3rd KK and now No.5s 1. Andersen, 2. Lambert and 3. Morris

My rankings are the riders final EL averages of this season.

I know what you are saying, however Doyle is coming back from a serious injury, Holder is flying and Robert Lambert is on the up and up as well so we'll see.

Our riders are on the upward curve, are the others? I am not so sure...

Should be fun to watch!

Edited by pointsmeanplayoffs