British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

If you genuinely put the Stars & Poole teams side by side there is absolutely nothing between them.

Holder - KK

Rose - Newman

Batch - Kurtz

Porsing - Holder

Lambert - Andersen

Huck - Klindt

This is an argument that will only be settled in October or by injuries, certainly not by opinion

But you don't ride with those line ups do you?

Pirates edge it for me.

It isn't. You appear the only person mentioning it.

Can't say I have read anything about this anywhere.

Nor me.

• Like 2

Interesting to note that everyone seems happy with the Stars team for 2017 ...as indeed I am :t: -But it should be said that this team isn't substantially changed from 2016 strength-wise so we can only hope that Troy or Niklas can be the 3rd heatleader that was missing this year!

As for the 7th rider - if averages allow it I think we ought to be looking at a rider at least of Simon Lambert's standard rather than an untried NL rider.... or is it compulsory that he must be?

Also - what has happened to 'squads'? I thought that idea was finally going to be implemented in 2017? :nono:

Why would TRU7 need to sponsor a reserve team too....already sponsor the no1 team in East Anglia 😛

As Witches fans we know how fortunate we are to have such a great backer - cant blame the country cousins for wishing for a bit of it too.

As you say though they will always be No2 at best in the East. 😛

Form is temporary but class is permanent as the saying goes ☝

I am very pleased Chris Holder is riding in the uk for Kings Lynn as Iversen clearly would rather ride elsewhere.

But harsh as he has to ride in Denmark and the other two big leagues pay more and only run once a week. A complete no brainer for him really. Sounds like he would have done all four but for those lovely Poles.

As for the 7th rider - if averages allow it I think we ought to be looking at a rider at least of Simon Lambert's standard rather than an untried NL rider.... or is it compulsory that he must be?

We have just over three points left and Lambert averages just over five so ain't going to happen. Looking at what else is around we may as well go with Josh.

We have just over three points left and Lambert averages just over five so ain't going to happen. Looking at what else is around we may as well go with Josh.

The only thing that concerns me about bringing Josh in, is if he's already riding SGB Championship League, and presumably National League, would it, at such a young and still relatively inexperienced age be one step to far, to soon for him.

I'm not sure also whether he goes to work during the day, and if he does, that combined with three leagues of racing could cause him burn out problems.

He's a massive talent in the National League, and improves almost meeting upon meeting (when fit of course). He's still very much on a learning curve at Scunthorpe, and with absolute no disrespect to the lad, he's got a little way to go on that rung of the ladder yet, so it just worries me that the SGB Premiership would possibly kill off all the hard work he's done so far, and that the confidence that is growing along with it.

He's almost definitely one for the future, but I think 2017 is just a little bit to soon. Just my thoughts anyway, and I might be completely wrong.

• Like 3

But harsh as he has to ride in Denmark and the other two big leagues pay more and only run once a week. A complete no brainer for him really. Sounds like he would have done all four but for those lovely Poles.

Iversen doesn't HAVE to ride in Denmark. He could have chosen Kings Lynn over his Danish club. Of course it would have upset his Danish fans as Woofinden has to British fans over here, but nothing to stop him riding for Lynn other than his will not to.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Shortcomings?

Struggling to see any actually given the points to play with.

So you think its acceptable a rider is canoodling in the pits with his girlfriend between his races? Do you think its professional and acceptable?

Do you work part time for the Daily echo reporting this shocking breaking news to the speedway suporters of Kings lynn speedway.

Anyway i would think that at his age he will be keen and able to handle more than 5 rides in a meeting. :shock:

It is his choice to ride where he wants to and he chose not to ride here probably for financial reasons which is fair enough.

• Like 1

Do you work part time for the Daily echo reporting this shocking breaking news to the speedway suporters of Kings lynn speedway.

Why not, nobody else will...

Meh ...ok but seems like some of the ' team-building aves* are too high then if thats the case :/ He was a squad member this year however rather than team member so maybe he can be again?

*Maybe they should be called 'no chance of team-building' aves .... :angry:

Great but the reality is Holder is a better rider and away from home there could be a few blips away from home from KK.

You've claimed this a few times Sidney, but it's just not true. Holder had some horrible blips away from home last year, hence why:

Kasprzak 2016 away average -7.71

Holder 2016 away average -7.54

Still, a great signing for KL and a very decent side. Excluding the play offs at Monmore, Holder was outstanding for the last few months of the season.

Don't forget 'Hans was always going to be in the team' so that's nearly half the points on two riders. Be like Swindon.

so to was Gomolski but that gentlemans agreement was soon forgotten

Why not. Clearly nobody else is going to... :D

Why not, nobody else will...

i tell you what your levels of conversation are outstanding...your such a mass debator.

But trolls like you like to post on other teams threads just to get a reaction

Iversen doesn't HAVE to ride in Denmark. He could have chosen Kings Lynn over his Danish club. Of course it would have upset his Danish fans as Woofinden has to British fans over here, but nothing to stop him riding for Lynn other than his will not to.

He is on a lot more money to ride in his native country...its not rocket science byt hey it gives you a chance to slag Tai off again

It is his choice to ride where he wants to and he chose not to ride here probably for financial reasons which is fair enough.

spot on, glad not all Poole fans have the intellect of a pea.

As you feel Woffy has done the wrong thing in not riding here,you must also feel then that Iversen has done the correct thing in putting his home nation first.

• Like 2