British Speedway Forum

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Such matters are about professional courtesy.

An announcement like this is neither professional or courteous.

• Like 4

There's no such thing as professional courtesy in journalism and nor should there be. They are quite literally in the business of breaking news. Nobody is going to take a Daily Echo to the till or visit the website article if it's already old news. If anything, it's bigger news to the Poole lot than it is the King's Lynn lot.

• Like 1

Really? You never said...

Indeed. Don't see the fuss when he is an average foreigner, we are going with a gradually improving club graduate instead. And one who probably exceeded expectations last year.

Precisely.

While not being the end of the world the fact that so many Poole posters can see nothing wrong with it at all speaks volumes unfortunately. If it was the EDP announcing Puk the night before Lord Ford was due to do so for example their tune world be very different. The whole thing represents a lack of class IMO.

• Like 2

The world I live in is a wonderful place, We have 'Respect' for people and positions, we use 'Manners' when we communicate, we say 'Please and Thank you' as a matter of politeness. We do these things as a matter of respecting our fellow citizens

Never in a million years would I consider it correct to steal anything from anybody least of all their thunder. The promotions at Kings Lynn had arranged to make a presentation to the fans tonight, probably arranging for certain riders to travel many miles to make a surprise appearance. To steal the limelight of such hard work is unprofessional and indeed ill mannered. For those of you who thinks that OK then that don't paint a pretty picture of you either.....

I'm pleased I don't live in your world,,,,,,

Well it seems Porsing has done a pretty unprofessional and ill mannered job then!

I agree it would be nice if everyone had respect, manners and politeness but journalists have a different set of rules!

There's no such thing as professional courtesy in journalism and nor should there be. They are quite literally in the business of breaking news. Nobody is going to take a Daily Echo to the till or visit the website article if it's already old news. If anything, it's bigger news to the Poole lot than it is the King's Lynn lot.

You dig a bigger hole with every post you make. The news as far as Poole were concerned is that Ford didn't want him. Once he made that decision it was always inevitable Holder would go elsewhere. This article was nothing to do with the news, they could have announced this 2 weeks back, The timing of the article was made just to out do Kings Lynn.

You have try to make a justification for the reporters behaviour,, but what is your excuse??????

Well it seems Porsing has done a pretty unprofessional and ill mannered job then!

I agree it would be nice if everyone had respect, manners and politeness but journalists have a different set of rules!

In all due respect what Porsing did was because he didn't think, and the 2 riders concerned were Lynn riders. Chris Holder is the jewel in the crown captured from the self acclaimed greats..... His announcement would have been a major scoop for all and sundry.

But don't worry about it..... All that is left now is a bad taste.........

• Like 2

You dig a bigger hole with every post you make. The news as far as Poole were concerned is that Ford didn't want him. Once he made that decision it was always inevitable Holder would go elsewhere. This article was nothing to do with the news, they could have announced this 2 weeks back, The timing of the article was made just to out do Kings Lynn.

You have try to make a justification for the reporters behaviour,, but what is your excuse??????

In all due respect what Porsing did was because he didn't think, and the 2 riders concerned were Lynn riders. Chris Holder is the jewel in the crown captured from the self acclaimed greats..... His announcement would have been a major scoop for all and sundry.

But don't worry about it..... All that is left now is a bad taste.........

Nobody has announced Batchelor yet perhaps Kings Lynn see him as the jewel in the crown.

Holder was announced days ago when it was reported Kings Lynn had permission to speak to him.

Shock! Horror! Probe!

A local newspaper runs a sports story. Fans of the club he is going to are angry and annoyed.

You couldn't make it up! Lol!

Could you imagine Manchester Utd in secret talks with Rinaldo to return and the newspapers getting wind of it?

Do you think they would sit on their hands and not report anything until there's a picture of him in a ManU shirt holding a scarf above his head?

Some people need to get real with their faux disgust. Or are they completely green behind the ears?

• Like 2

The comparisons with football are laughable, it's a multi billion pound industry which millions of people around the world follow. There is an enormous thirst for titbits of transfer gossip and information. Hard to see who would be interested in the Holder story apart from a few thousand people and the majority of those are Lynn fans so it's a real shame that the journalist couldn't let the club announce it themselves.

KL not exactly professional regarding Milik so no right to take the high ground tbh. I love that people are outraged, it's hilarious. Seriously need to get out of your fantasy one and back to the real world.

You used to be quite a good poster on here once, what happened? You seem to be getting dragged down to the playground level of starman, gater etc.

• Like 7

Can you cut out this absolute carp of "you dig a bigger hole with every post you make"? I don't know what hole this is you refer to, but I can assure you that I couldn't give a monkeys about what you or anybody else says or thinks about me or my posts. I find it hysterical that you think some sort of score is being kept. Perhaps get out a bit more.

Are you really suggesting that the reporter was trying to out do Kings Lynn? How exactly are they out doing them? What exactly have they gained from this, and what exactly has Kings Lynn lost? Why do the folks up in Norfolk give a hoot about the local rag 200 odd miles away?

Frankly your complete over reaction to this is humiliating. A reporter reported some news. Get over it.

The world I live in is a wonderful place, We have 'Respect' for people and positions, we use 'Manners' when we communicate, we say 'Please and Thank you' as a matter of politeness. We do these things as a matter of respecting our fellow citizens

Never in a million years would I consider it correct to steal anything from anybody least of all their thunder. The promotions at Kings Lynn had arranged to make a presentation to the fans tonight, probably arranging for certain riders to travel many miles to make a surprise appearance. To steal the limelight of such hard work is unprofessional and indeed ill mannered. For those of you who thinks that OK then that don't paint a pretty picture of you either.....

I'm pleased I don't live in your world,,,,,,

The world you live in is a dream world then mate. We have respect for people, we use manners and we take care of each other (well, most of us do anyway) but we don't live in a fairy tale. Like I said before, your complete and utter over reaction to a short news article is embarrassing.

Chris is our asset therefore MF has the right to announce his destination whenever he wants.

Be grateful. You wouldn't have a No.1 if it wasn't for us.

You really are stupid............ Lord Fraud has no "right" whatsoever!

Secondly......... Holder will ride where ever he chooses ........ so "your asset" argument holds as much water as a colander.

With any luck Holder might just be tempted away from Scumborne Road once he finds out what he's bee missing all these years.............. time will tell !

• Like 1